Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If this team ever wants to be competitive again, there needs to be some MAJOR changes around here.

Quote: There needs to be a huge overhaul around here.

Ummmmm....

....something about you knowing a snake if it bit you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We JUST had an overhaul. This is a project. This has been said 7 billion times. Get it through your head. Bradley will be the HC for the next 3 years, whether you like it or not. He is trying to coach a team made up of castoffs and UDFAs. Think about what you're saying before you post.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:We JUST had an overhaul. This is a project. This has been said 7 billion times. Get it through your head. Bradley will be the HC for the next 3 years, whether you like it or not. He is trying to coach a team made up of castoffs and UDFAs. Think about what you're saying before you post.
I'm gonna go out on limb and say it's a lot less than 7 billion.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'm gonna go out on limb and say it's a lot less than 7 billion.
And that's the only thing you can pull from what I said?

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:And that's the only thing you can pull from what I said?
The only useful thing....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The only useful thing....
Gotcha. And your post was as useful as it gets. 

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

I think we should try changing the uniforms.

Really the thing I can think of that will really change the fortunes of this team is a good QB.  Haven't had one of those around here for a while.  Maybe also a later pick on another RB at some point.  Hopefully either Robinson gets going at some point or they get a guy more in the mold of a traditional RB if Robinson can't hack it.

When was the last time we had an effective pass rusher?  Tony Brackens?  Just makes the drafting look even less impressive.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:We JUST had an overhaul. This is a project. This has been said 7 billion times. Get it through your head. Bradley will be the HC for the next 3 years, whether you like it or not. He is trying to coach a team made up of castoffs and UDFAs. Think about what you're saying before you post.
Keep drinking that Khan kool aid.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEVEN GAMES INTO THE NEW REGIME'S OVERHAUL NEXT YEAR WHEN THE MORONIC OP IS OUT HERE POSTING HE DEMANDS AN OVERHAUL.

Holy moses on crack.

On Wisconsin.

Quote:I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEVEN GAMES INTO THE NEW REGIME'S OVERHAUL NEXT YEAR WHEN THE MORONIC OP IS OUT HERE POSTING HE DEMANDS AN OVERHAUL.

Holy moses on crack.
And your point is?...

Look guys, I'm not forcing any of you to accept my opinion. If all of you are really contempt on enduring another year of Bradley than go right ahead. But I can guarantee that within a week everyone on here who is calling me out for my "Moronic post" will be calling for Bradley's head and major changes to the team if we get blown out next week in London.

The funny thing is that if I were to post a thread defending Bradley, everyone would be telling me that I'm still an idiot and that he needs to go.

Quote:What happened to the Jags in the game against the Chargers yesterday was totally inexcusable for a professional football team. There needs to be a huge overhaul around here. Not just the players, but the entire organization as well. Fans come to these games and pay their hard earned money expecting to see a competitive, and exciting game. That has certainly not been the case for the Jaguars this season.

The turnovers, and especially the stupid penalties are literally, killing this team. There are absolutely no signs of discipline seen in any of the players, and much of this blame can be placed on the coaches and more specifically Bradley. I know that this is only his first season, and I also know that we are only 7 games in, but I'm just going to say that I don't expect Bradley to be the HC next season. At best, maybe he can be moved to DC, but that is very unlikely to happen.

I think that Bradley is too "Nice" on this team. We need a HC who can ignite a fire in this team, and most importantly, a coach that can instill discipline and get them to lay it all out there every Sunday. <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNAqcom3zaY'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNAqcom3zaY</a> I'm not suggesting that we should go out and hire JJ, but if I was a player on the team, I would be motivated to go out there and give it my all. It reminds me a lot of the Al Pacino speech.

I think that it is too early to judge Caldwell, but he really needs to hit it big on the draft and FA next season if we ever want to be competitive again. And don't even get me started on Shad Khan... This man has no understanding whatsoever on how to run a football organization IMO. 

The Jags need to either draft a franchise QB next season, or do what the Broncos did and sign a blockbuster FA to turn this team around. And maybe while we're at it, we should sign some College HC to lead our team. Either way, this team and this city needs a major culture change.

If I'm not mistaken, we just had the MAJOR Overhaul that you desire. As a matter Or Fact, we've had three overhauls within the past three years.

We need consistency from our staff and jettisoning All each year will not accomplish this...

Jst Sayn...

NH3...
"AZANE"

When will the One N Done scenario be abollished? Of course this is pertaining to continiously revaping the staffing...

How about let's keep whom we have, give them the benefit of the doubt and Wait Upon Better Days...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:You are correct in that anyone is replaceable, not upgradeable, because you don't know if the successor will produce.

Where I disagree with you is that we have just blown up our roster to start fresh. Obviously we will not be competing for anything significant, except for the 1st pick in the NFL draft. 

Khan had just hired Bradley and Caldwell last season to begin the rebuilding process, so I ask you this question... How would prospective coaches/GM's perceive this reactionary firing (as you suggest) for this "better coach", especially after knowing we just gutted our roster? Why would anyone want to come to a team where they do not have a chance to make their mark? 

It has not even been a complete year that Caldwell and Bradley have been at the helm... What did you think was going to happen? There is no doubt in my mind that we all want to see our team at least be competitive - so give this regime a chance and allow them to acquire their QB in this upcoming draft and let the team grow. 

And for this very reason, I'm glad Khan is not taking this approach and meddling in every football decision that has to be made. He knows he is the head man in charge, but he allows those who he hired in specific positions to perform their duties without micromanaging. There's a reason why this guy is a billionaire, with a "B".

I usually Don't quote A Tripple but this Third is deserving...

Well Done...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2013, 08:48 PM by deLiGHT.)

The approach this year was not to make a competitive roster, the approach was to put together the most competitive roster it could considering certain narratives.

Letting Rashean and Cox go did not make us stronger at cornerback. Letting Daryl Smith walk did not make us stronger at linebacker. Trading Monroe away did not make us stronger on the offensive line.

There's a different goal this season, and it's not winning football games, it's about playing young players and identifying which ones we can bring forward with us into the future, a future where the goal is to win football games.

sup bro

I don't think Bradley was the answer, I don't think he is as bad as people think but I really doubt we will do something with him even with the right players.

Next season we should have our QB and better talent overall, if this team doesn't show major improvement (at least 5 wins) then Bradley should be fired IMO.

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Lol. Not drinking any kool-aid. I just have common sense. It seems to escape you.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

I'm pretty sure that as of right now, our HC is probably not the reason we suck.  I also don't think that our current GM is the reason we suck.  However, I'm thinking that our HC should really re-consider some of his hires in terms of OC and DC.  The play-calling is really bad on both sides...