Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Get Off The Bridgewater Bandwagon

Bridgewater is the closest thing to a sure thing since Luck/RG3. I like those odds.

The Mathews Bridge was hit by a ship in the water.

It's a sign.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Bridgewater is the closest thing to a sure thing since Jamarcus Russell. I like those odds.
just sayin

Bridgewater has the best pocket-presence in the draft. It may even been better than Andrew Luck's at this point. 

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 03:34 PM by HeeRo.)

Quote:Bridgewater has the best pocket-presence in the draft. It may even been better than Andrew Luck's at this point. 
for a guy with the best pocket presence, he sure get sacks a lot.  takes a lot of sacks

Quote:for a guy with the best pocket presence, he sure get sacks a lot.

He's always getting pressure. How many of those sacks do you imagine are his fault? Besides, are you refuting my comment?

Quote:He's always getting pressure. How many of those sacks do you imagine are his fault? Besides, are you refuting my comment?
not refuting it, i've never seen him play an actual game just highlights. but great pocket presence should mean less sacks right?

Quote:it, i've never seen him play an actual game just highlights

Alright. We are done here.

Quote:Alright. We are done here.
im not the one proclaiming him the next great qb prospect, im asking a simple question.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 03:52 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:for a guy with the best pocket presence, he sure get sacks a lot.  takes a lot of sacks

I've already disproved this. 

Bridgewater has been sacked a total of 3 times in 4 games in 2013. Thus, he's on pace to get sacked 9 times for the entire season. 

Yeah, lots... Rolleyes

He plays for Louisville. Not exactly HOF o-line. They're going to let guys through sometimes.

Funny all the people that like Bridgewater,his toughest game very well could be Kentucky this year? Wallbash  :no:

;

;
<FONT face="Weltron Urban" color=#008080 size=7><I></I></FONT> 

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 04:08 PM by HeeRo.)

Quote:I've already disproved this. 

Bridgewater has been sacked a total of 3 times in 4 games in 2013. Thus, he's on pace to get sacked 9 times for the entire season. 

Yeah, lots... Rolleyes
lol disproved it? yeah and peyton is on paced for 64 tds, and robert mathis is on paced for 30 sacks. talib is on paced for 16 ints. eli on paced for 36 ints. teddy still has a high sack rate in his career, im asking great pocket presense = less sacks, logically speaking.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 04:06 PM by Scarecrow.)

Give me Teddy. If it takes an 0-16 season so be it.

Quote:He plays for Louisville. Not exactly HOF o-line. They're going to let guys through sometimes.
a lot of people use the excuse that if you have a great pocket presence it shouldnt matter if your oline isnt that good. just saying.

Quote:Funny all the people that like Bridgewater,his toughest game very well could be Kentucky this year? Wallbash :no:

Judge the player. UCF will be a tough game too.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 04:24 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:for a guy with the best pocket presence, he sure get sacks a lot.  takes a lot of sacks

Quote:I've already disproved this. 

Yeah, lots... Rolleyes

Quote:lol disproved it? yeah and peyton is on paced for 64 tds, and robert mathis is on paced for 30 sacks. talib is on paced for 16 ints. eli on paced for 36 ints. teddy still has a high sack rate in his career, im asking great pocket presense = less sacks, logically speaking.

Yeah, disproved it.

In 2011 His rookie season, he was sacked a total of 33 times in 13 games, which = 2.5 per game

In 2012, He lowered that number to 28 sacks in 13 games, good for 2.1 per game

This season he seems to have continued the improvement trend, just as he has with all of his numbers through the years and is only on pace for 9.75 QB sacks for the entire year. 

Also, The past seasons don't equate to being sacked "alot". 2 times per game isn't "a lot". But even so, its obvious that those numbers don't represent the true pinnacle of what he's going to be anyway, since his sack numbers have continually gone down with more experience. 

Quote:a lot of people use the excuse that if you have a great pocket presence it shouldnt matter if your oline isnt that good. just saying.

Teddy Bridgewater has taken 3 sacks this season. I know he took a lot his firsr 2 seasons but it's possible he's adjusted his game and pocket presence has possibly gotten better.

Aaron Rodgers has great pocket presence but a bad o line and routinely takes a bunch of sacks, generally near the top of the league. Tony Romo has his faults but his pocket presence and ability to get outta trouble is pretty good too, he generally gets sacked a lot as well.

Quote:Yeah, disproved it.

In 2011 His rookie season, he was sacked a total of 33 times in 13 games, which = 2.5 per game

In 2012, He lowered that number to 28 sacks in 13 games, good for 2.1 per game

This season he seems to have continued the improvement trend, just as he has with all of his numbers through the years and is only on pace for 9.75 QB sacks for the entire year. 

Also, The past seasons don't equate to being sacked "alot". 2 times per game isn't "a lot". But even so, its obvious that those numbers don't represent the true pinnacle of what he's going to be anyway, since his sack numbers have continually gone down with more experience. 
try comparing that to the other college qbs.... in his first two season he was the 9th most sacked qb in fcs. yeah bro so much for disproving it.

Quote:Teddy Bridgewater has taken 3 sacks this season. I know he took a lot his firsr 2 seasons but it's possible he's adjusted his game and pocket presence has possibly gotten better.

Aaron Rodgers has great pocket presence but a bad o line and routinely takes a bunch of sacks, generally near the top of the league. Tony Romo has his faults but his pocket presence and ability to get outta trouble is pretty good too, he generally gets sacked a lot as well.
this is the answer i was looking for.  him taking a lot of sacks is a concern, hes not exactly big, i see him listed at 193 pounds while rodgers and romo are upwards of 220 pounds

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 04:59 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:try comparing that to the other college qbs.... in his first two season he was the 9th most sacked qb in fcs. yeah bro so much for disproving it.

this is the answer i was looking for.  him taking a lot of sacks is a concern, hes not exactly big, i see him listed at 193 pounds while rodgers and romo are upwards of 220 pounds

...as a FRESHman and a sophomore...

As I pointed out he's improved not only in reducing the QB sack numbers every season, but improved every year in every facet. 

If he ends this season with 13 or less QB sacks (which he's currently well on his way to doing just that) then what are you gonna say? 

As for his weight, thats allegedly an old number too. vagrantwade or someone was on here, when I listed that as a concern about a month ago, and he claimed that Teddy's weight is now around 220. WHich if true, is fine for an NFL QB. 

Any QB taking 50+ sacks is a concern no matter how much they weigh.

Quote:try comparing that to the other college qbs.... in his first two season he was the 9th most sacked qb in fcs. yeah bro so much for disproving it.

this is the answer i was looking for. him taking a lot of sacks is a concern, hes not exactly big, i see him listed at 193 pounds while rodgers and romo are upwards of 220 pounds