Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Judge rules Dylann Roof competent to stand trial in church shooting - will face death penalty

Quote:If I survive that am I in the clear?
I'd let ya go.

If I can't kill you with 2 tries, I suck at it.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'd let ya go.

If I can't kill you with 2 tries, I suck at it.

Nope, next man up.

Here, hold my beer and watch this.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Interesting that Jackcity brought up the electric chair. Here is a little tidbit of history that I bet nobody on this board knows. In it's heyday, a couple dozen states used the electric chair. Now, with any execution, there is something called an execution protocol. It's like the playbook for the prison on how it's going to be done. It's very thorough and very detailed, right down to the minute. Regarding electrocution, most would think it would be the same from state to state. Simply stated, one would assume that the condemned would get x volts of electricity for x period of time. That couldn't be further than the truth. There are almost as many "recipies" of electricity and time as there are states. For instance, Georgia used a 3 step process. Off the top of my head, it started at 2000v for 5 seconds, then stepped down to 800 volts for 25 seconds, followed by 200v for 90 seconds. That was considered a cycle. Contrast that with Tennessee, who uses 1750 volts for 30 seconds, then a 5 second wait period, then another 1750v for another 30 seconds. \

There are as many different variations as there are states, literally. I may be slightly off on the numbers, but the point is accurate. Almost no 2 states do it the same way. The end result always the same, but is one better (less cruel/painful)  than the others?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

“I would like to make it crystal clear I do not regret what I did,” Roof wrote in the jailhouse journal.

I wish he is put on a fast track to death. Don't give him an easy way out with lethal injection. Put him on a firing squad. Don't even give him a appeals process.

This is what white supremacy produces a martyr.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

I wish that he is given due process under the law.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I wish that he is given due process under the law.

Due process and what else?
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

It is not possible to eliminate this animal from this earth quick enough. Every second he breathes is a wasted second IMO.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Roof has already stated himself he is not mentally unstable. He should not be granted an appeals process when he is sentenced to death.

He didn't give any of the church members mercy so he shouldn't be given none at all.

I will be cheering for his death and hope this is a sign to white supremacists they can't carry out coward acts.

I was hoping he would rot in a cell for eternity, but now he faces a painless escape from our world.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-char...story.html

A killer in a "hate crime" gets the ultimate sentence and liberals still don't like it.  Why am I not surprised?

One thing that I do wish is that states would get away from the "humane" way of carrying out executions and go back to either the electric chair or a firing squad.  In today's digital world if it was broadcast it might actually be a deterrent and prevent future crimes.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I was hoping he would rot in a cell for eternity, but now he faces a painless escape from our world.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-char...story.html
Honest question. Why would you want taxpayer dollars spent on taking care of this guy for the rest of his life? Three hots and a cot is much better than he deserves, even in the harsh environment of prison. 

Give him the potato punishment.

Start with removing his eyes, cutoff his nose, cut off his ears, remove his tongue. Amputate his arms at the shoulders, amputate his legs at the waist. Remove his under parts, throw him in a dark room keep it 50 degrees and hook up an IV with just enough fluids to keep him alive. Then you let him rot like a potatoe.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Give him the potato punishment.

Start with removing his eyes, cutoff his nose, cut off his ears, remove his tongue. Amputate his arms at the shoulders, amputate his legs at the waist. Remove his under parts, throw him in a dark room keep it 50 degrees and hook up an IV with just enough fluids to keep him alive. Then you let him rot like a potatoe.

Why do you hate the 8th Amendment?

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Why do you hate the 8th Amendment?

Meh cruel and unusual punishment is subjective. For some death is just to easy of a punishment

Quote:Meh cruel and unusual punishment is subjective. For some death is just to easy of a punishment

I don't think there's anything subjective about your idea there friend.

Quote:Give him the potato punishment.

Damn Eric...

Quote:I don't think there's anything subjective about your idea there friend.

Well.....

It's just an idea

Quote:A killer in a "hate crime" gets the ultimate sentence and liberals still don't like it.  Why am I not surprised?

One thing that I do wish is that states would get away from the "humane" way of carrying out executions and go back to either the electric chair or a firing squad.  In today's digital world if it was broadcast it might actually be a deterrent and prevent future crimes.
If South Carolina tries and convicts of any capital crimes, he could indeed be executed via electric chair.

I've been labeled a liberal and my only complaint is that it doesn't happen immediately. I'm all for the death penalty in open and shut cases like this.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Eye for an eye...shoot him.  Bullets are cheap.

Have you seen my baseball?