Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How could Henne possibly be worse than Bortles at this point?

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2016, 06:32 PM by Sosa.)

Rest Bortles for next year, this season is lost. He's banged up and isn't helping the team. Henne sucks, but at least he's healthy and can throw the ball correctly.

Make him play for some of the money we're paying him. He won't be here next year, lets utilize him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If that happens then you put Allen in.  This season is over.  It is time to start working on the draft and finding out what we have.  Bortles needs some time off to work on his mechanics or something but he does not belong on the NFL football field.

If Henne is worse then he does not belong as a back up.

Of course, if Henne is worse than Bortles is currently then we have a problem because that means that the GM is just as big an idiot as the HC and both guys need to hit the road.
Allen probably hasn't taken anything more than a handful of snaps since the preseason ended.  No thanks. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

As much as INTs Bortles throws, he still throws more TDs then INTs, something Henne has never done, its a fact that Henne is worst, no point in putting him out there

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:At least with Blake we cross the 50 yard line. We had years of Gabs/Henne where we'd never even sniff mid field.
This, for some reason people forget these days

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Seriously, as badly as Blake is playing if Henne is any worse then he should not even have a backup job in the NFL.  So why are the coaches so against pulling Bortles when he is obviously completely out of sorts.  Give him a game or two off.  It is not like we could be much worse.
You must have forgotten the games before Blake got his first start.  He was Blaiine Gabbert bad.  Henne throws more ints than td's.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Why would henne suddenly Play well? No running Game and a D that doesn't put us in good field positions isn't going to be great compliment for a guy who isn't very good.

Way to many int.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:You must have forgotten the games before Blake got his first start.  He was Blaiine Gabbert bad.  Henne throws more ints than td's.
Bingo!  And a cancer to qb's. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:The last time Henne was the starter this team was dealing with a roster that was nearly devoid of talent due to Clean Gene.  Current O-Line play and receiver talent are far better than when he played for us.

I think that we have already seen that there is not question that Del Rio is a far better coach than Bradley and it even looks like Mularkey may be a better coach than Bradley.  The problem with the team back then was a complete lack of talent overall.

I am not saying that Henne is our QB of the future.  He is a solid NFL backup but I think that right now a guy who is a solid backup QB by NFL standards is superior to what Bortles is bringing.  I also think the time off will help Bortles.

I think you make some good points.  Henne probably has never played with this much talent around him.  There's no doubt that our total YPG may go down with Henne in there but our turnovers would probably go down too and that's what's really killing the team right now.  It's no cure-all but sit Bortles until he can either get his mechanics and accuracy together or until we get a decent replacement.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Is Todd Bouman taking calls?

Quote:I think you make some good points.  Henne probably has never played with this much talent around him.  There's no doubt that our total YPG may go down with Henne in there but our turnovers would probably go down too and that's what's really killing the team right now.  It's no cure-all but sit Bortles until he can either get his mechanics and accuracy together or until we get a decent replacement.

Nope, completely clueless.

Anyone calling for Henne should just go slam their head into a telephone pole for a while, they'd get the same effect as watching Henne on the field and save the rest of us that irritation.

Quote:Nope, completely clueless.

Anyone calling for Henne should just go slam their head into a telephone pole for a while, they'd get the same effect as watching Henne on the field and save the rest of us that irritation.

Unless you're tanking for the number one draft pick, you play the guy that gives you the best chance to win.  How hard is that to understand?  Your boy looks great at times but makes game losing decisions at the worst possible moments.  Sit Bortles on the bench until he's either ready or you get a better alternative.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2016, 09:08 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

If anybody has noticed, I haven't called for Henne no matter how poorly Bortles has played.

Don't let the moment capture you. Henne is bad. Henne is real bad. Henne is really, really bad. He shouldn't even be on this team. His friendship with Bortles off the field is actually a huge part of the problem to be honest. Henne is a loser with a below average arm, zero pocket presence, and zero mobility. Cut him yesterday.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2016, 09:26 AM by jagherd.)

Quote: No running Game and a D that doesn't put us in good field positions isn't going to be great compliment for a guy who isn't very good.
Running game is fine if they would actually give them enough attempts to balance the offense out.

Defense has been gelling and playing really well. They've been playing good enough to win some of these games.

The dreadful offense (passing game) and special teams gaffes are the culprits killing this team.

I've heard at least 3 announcers during different games (even in this last game) say "the defense is out there playing all by itself", or "Bortles and the offense need to do something to help this defense out."

Trying to spin the teams woes off of Bortles and the Passing Game Offense and inject blame on the defense and running game is laughable.

Quote:Unless you're tanking for the number one draft pick, you play the guy that gives you the best chance to win. How hard is that to understand? Your boy looks great at times but makes game losing decisions at the worst possible moments. Sit Bortles on the bench until he's either ready or you get a better alternative.

Clueless. Putting Henne in would be tanking. Bortles isn't my "boy" but I do have a good enough memory to know what Henne is, and what his play is like, even on a team with decent talent. A guy with less career touchdowns and more career interceptions than Bortles would make a bad season even worse. Henne is so bad he shouldn't even be oh the team.

Chad Henne is a band aid solution at best for the Jaguars in a season that's not going to end as well as what most people anticipated for the team this season.   Including Shad Khan and Dave Caldwell.   

But IMO,   the bigger issue for the Jaguars is whether playing Blake Bortles at this time could either lead to physical or mental problems for him that could derail his NFL playing career beyond repair?    

On the surface,  it seems like the Jaguars would be better off sitting down Bortles for at least a couple of games and then re-evaluating the situation with him.   

Quote:Chad Henne is a band aid solution at best for the Jaguars in a season that's not going to end as well as what most people anticipated for the team this season.   Including Shad Khan and Dave Caldwell.   

But IMO,   the bigger issue for the Jaguars is whether playing Blake Bortles at this time could either lead to physical or mental problems for him that could derail his NFL playing career beyond repair?    

On the surface,  it seems like the Jaguars would be better off sitting down Bortles for at least a couple of games and then re-evaluating the situation with him.   

IMO, the Bortles issue is why we need a new GM. I am afraid Caldwell won't address the QB situation in the draft even if he truly believes Bortles is damaged goods. In my opinion, Caldwell doesn't seem like a guy who is very good at admitting his failures, as he hasn't re-addressed any premium positions in the draft where he has taken busts. The whole "I'm young and smarter than everybody in the room" thing was cool for awhile, but his days as a GM are over IMO.

We need someone to come in who can look at this roster through an unbiased lens and do what needs to be done without doing things that might save their job.

Quote:Clueless. Putting Henne in would be tanking. Bortles isn't my "boy" but I do have a good enough memory to know what Henne is, and what his play is like, even on a team with decent talent. A guy with less career touchdowns and more career interceptions than Bortles would make a bad season even worse. Henne is so bad he shouldn't even be oh the team.

The only thing we know for certain is that Bortles has awful mechanics and is remarkably consistent in making bad decisions, missing wide open receivers and committing game losing turnovers.  Since you 've got such a flawless memory, you should recall that Bortles has had the advantage of playing with pro-bowl caliber receivers and an OL that is playing at least competently lately which Henne's never had in his time here.  I'm not saying that the backup QB on any team is generally anything more than a bandaid but you have to be blind not to see that cutting down on those game-losing moments gives us a better chance to win games.  

Anybody ever think what if Henne has improved as a qb?? Ijs... People act like you cant get better, he has been on the bench 2 years... So i know he is healthy.. He can probably bring a manage the game element that Blake cant give you right now..

Quote:The only thing we know for certain is that Bortles has awful mechanics and is remarkably consistent in making bad decisions, missing wide open receivers and committing game losing turnovers. Since you 've got such a flawless memory, you should recall that Bortles has had the advantage of playing with pro-bowl caliber receivers and an OL that is playing at least competently lately which Henne's never had in his time here. I'm not saying that the backup QB on any team is generally anything more than a bandaid but you have to be blind not to see that cutting down on those game-losing moments gives us a better chance to win games.

What we know for certain is that even when Henne played with quality players around him (look back at his dolphins time) he was garbage holding everyone back. He's been in the league ten years, he's always been garbage, he always will be garbage. If you like seeing the occasional TD then be glad you're seeing Bortles in games, because even though he's playing like [BLEEP] this season he's still having a better season than Henne has ever had.