Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rex Ryan: 2-8 Jaguars are 'the best two-win team I've ever seen

Rex: "that's what they tell me"

Rex in his head: it's not what the film shows me
A good loser is a good loser

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah that's why I don't buy this BS from articles saying coaches wouldn't want to coach here.

The Jags will probably have the #1 ,coaching vacancy available

Jacksonville's defense should be taken seriously.

Considering how bad the offense has been at times, its amazing they are keeping us in it sometimes.

The D has 2 aberrations San Diego and Tennessee.

In both of those games... it was partially on the offense. In SD the offense couldn't move the ball at all, much less score.

In TN, we saw the signs of a team cracking and turning on the staff. Losing is taking its toll.

btw, sidebar...

is Wash getting any credit here (Not that I'm all Wash for HC) or is this all due to new player aquisitions? 

Quote:Yeah that's why I don't buy this [BAD WORD REMOVED] from articles saying coaches wouldn't want to coach here.

Maybe?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...oach-again

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Yeah that's why I don't buy this [BAD WORD REMOVED] from articles saying coaches wouldn't want to coach here.

You never really know what the #1 spot will be.

Could Pitt, Cincy, NO or GB be available? All those would most likely be better options than Jacksonville. 

The point still remains. There are only 32 HC jobs available. When one opens up, you grab it if you can.

Quote:I think there are a good amount of people who think like this actually.
Unfortunately, there is enough evidence to convince many of the truth behind the statement.

I cannot wait for this losing to stop.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

That's really sweet of him to say, but we are still 2-8.  That be the bottom line.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I like stadium hotdogs...why are hotdogs so much better at the game?

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:I like stadium hotdogs...why are hotdogs so much better at the game?
When they're 5$ hotdogs you kind of force yourself to believe they're better.

Booze helps too.

Beer.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It's the guys that are sweatting in the water while serving them

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Nothing beats a $5 hotdog and a $10 beer on game day.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Nothing beats a $5 hotdog and a $10 beer on game day.
With a 2-8 home team.

He's acknowledging that we're better than his very own 2014 Jets...

they were 2-8 and finished 4-12

I think that means we'll win 2 more right?

Sick

Quote:Rex for HC
It would literally make Boselli and Jeff Lageman quit, they hate the Ryans lol. 

Of course Rex Ryan isn't overlooking this football team. He just lost to Bradley and this team last year in London. Rex is a grudge holder. He's got a fat mouth. I've never been a fan of his. Never understood the love for him. Sure, he's a brilliant coach on the defensive side of things but he's mostly been a one trick pony his whole career with a big fat mouth. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

So we're essentially the person with the nicest looking teeth at the Meth Rehab Center.

Quote:It would literally make Boselli and Jeff Lageman quit, they hate the Ryans lol. 

[Image: RVM4LrZ.gif]

This team is playing without a coaching staff. Really guys, just think about it for a minute. They're able to play and stay competitive in most games just from the talent alone. These coaches do absolutely nothing for them.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2016, 06:17 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:This team is playing without a coaching staff. Really guys, just think about it for a minute. They're able to play and stay competitive in most games just from the talent alone. These coaches do absolutely nothing for them.

I disagree. Wash has done a fairly decent job disguising some of the plays in our scheme. Hackett has found a way to get the running game going to an extent and he's clearly found ways to get most of our receivers open down the field. I just think at this point. It's really a matter of too little, too late. Greg Olson was a terrible coaching hire on Gus Bradley's end in 2015. And had he been on top of things earlier on and had his wits about him he would have made the switch to Hackett a lot sooner than when he did. Because there's a good chance this team could be very well be at .500 at the bare minimum with the offensive play calling we've now seen since Kansas City. Jerry Sullivan is also a terrific receivers coach. I don't think he gets enough credit. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."