Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The greatest offseason in franchise history!

Quote:good point. However would shape up blake quick. Unless this is in fact another freddie t.

I would not be upset if he was brought in. They better make a serious effort in improving the OL and run game if they do.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He throws interceptions at the worst times yet is one of the better qbs in the clutch?<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/tony-romo-clutch-november-december/amp?client=safari'>https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/tony-romo-clutch-november-december/amp?client=safari</a>

I watch a decent amount of cowboys games. Enough to have a good understanding of someone. Do you have factual information to back anything youre saying up or are you gonna tell me more expert analysis from your neighbors in arlington
A November December USA today column? Oh please. A decent amount? Blah blah. I said I live near Arlington, not in Arlington. You want to cherry pick my posts, fine. The fact that he throws late game breaking interceptions is irrefutable. It's cowboys nation as a whole, not just my "neighbors". There's a reason cowboys fans don't want him to start over dak, and that's because he's not as good as dak. A rookie QB, now, let that sink in.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:A November December USA today column? Oh please. A decent amount? Blah blah. I said I live near Arlington, not in Arlington. You want to cherry pick my posts, fine. The fact that he throws late game breaking interceptions is irrefutable. It's cowboys nation as a whole, not just my "neighbors". There's a reason cowboys fans don't want him to start over dak, and that's because he's not as good as dak. A rookie QB, now, let that sink in.
That rookie qb is playing better then a lot of pro qbs.  There is no one on the board sides Blake koolaid fans.  That if we could of traded for Prescott.  Would of been upset with it. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:A November December USA today column? Oh please. A decent amount? Blah blah. I said I live near Arlington, not in Arlington. You want to cherry pick my posts, fine. The fact that he throws late game breaking interceptions is irrefutable. It's cowboys nation as a whole, not just my "neighbors". There's a reason cowboys fans don't want him to start over dak, and that's because he's not as good as dak. A rookie QB, now, let that sink in.
I dont see any factual information here

Quote:I dont see any factual information here
Great rebuttal! Bravo.

Quote:Great rebuttal! Bravo.
So you dont have anything besides the opinions of faceless cowboys fans?

Quote:So you dont have anything besides the opinions of faceless cowboys fans?
You don't have anything besides a useless USA Today column? Stats are misleading. But hey keep it up, you obviously don't need my help to make you foolish.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2016, 11:48 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:Great rebuttal! Bravo.

Quote:You don't have anything besides a useless USA Today column? Stats are misleading. But hey keep it up, you obviously don't need my help to make you foolish.
Could you explain how those stats could be misleading?

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2016, 11:53 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Romo has to much pressure for him in Dallas.  When was drafted remember Cowboys were america's team.  And he had to follow in the footsteps of Aikman. Here if he leads the Jaguars to 8-8 or better, he is a hero.  We have been that bad. 

#Gojags

Romo would be a huge upgrade. But apparently he will have say in where he ends up being traded. Do you really think he will choose to play for a perennial laughingstock behind a crappy OL in a podunk market? Not a friggin chance.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Romo would be a huge upgrade. But apparently he will have say in where he ends up being traded. Do you really think he will choose to play for a perennial laughingstock behind a crappy OL in a podunk market? Not a friggin chance.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Romo would be a huge upgrade. But apparently he will have say in where he ends up being traded. Do you really think he will choose to play for a perennial laughingstock behind a crappy OL in a podunk market? Not a friggin chance.
No state tax and nice ladies says otherwise.  ha ha   Yea with two to three top flight receivers a good te and really running back.  I have to disagree and say he just might. 

#Gojags

Quote:Romo would be a huge upgrade. But apparently he will have say in where he ends up being traded. Do you really think he will choose to play for a perennial laughingstock behind a crappy OL in a podunk market? Not a friggin chance.
Im not gonna oretend like were a premier option but our olines pass blocking isnt bad, and i doubt Tony is sitting around weighing his options like "nah i cant play for them they dont get good ratings"

I never quite understood the Romo hate. He's easily one of the best QBs of this generation.

Lets be real, romo wont come here if teams like the bears, jets, cardinals are going to pursue him

Denard Robinson would be a better qb than Blake right now.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

I think we're a lot closer to winning then those 3 teams listed above

Quote:Either we draft a top QB like Mitch and go after OL in free agency or draft a top DL prospect like Allen and sign a stop gap QB. We have too much talent to start to rebuild completely. We still have a few pieces in place, a new coach and his choice of QB will make our team way better than what Gus has gave us. 
Trubisky will be the Browns selection. Since no other q.b.'s in the draft look worthy of a top 3 or 4 pick, they will likely go with the best defensive lineman available in the 1st round- likely Garrett or Allen. Either would be solid choices, although Garrett fills a greater need and they could then move Fowler to SAM. The remainder of the draft and free agency should focus solely on finding the team's next q.b. and replacements for Parnell and Omameh, although the latter could be kept for depth at guard next year. 

If Caldwell is given one more year (a big if), his choices for q.b and coach will determine whether  his career as an NFL general manager will be over permanently. I agree that this team does have enough talent to win, but finding a significant upgrade for Blake will not be easy considering the lack of talent in free agency. Forget about Romo; even if he were to avoid injury can you really see him coming to the Jaguars to end his career?  The best they can hope for is to find a good game manager who won't lose games like Blake and rely on the defense to keep them competitive.

It seems Josh McDaniels would be a perfect fit. He is an offensive minded coach. He coaches under Billicheck. At Denver, he drafted a similar QB to Bortles in Tim Tebow