Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
One reason to stay patient with Bortles?

Quote:10 yard darts. Oh my I've heard it all folks.

The guy has to physically load his arm tribuchet to throw a 2 yard dumpoff.
Would you like video proof?  What would make ya happy?  He is very good on the run. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But I just showed the comparison between he and Mariota on 3rd and 4-6 to go and 3rd and 7-9 to go...

Guess I'll do it again and include Prescott and Carr, since the Titans, Cowboys, and Raiders are the cream of the crop for making it easy for young QBs with good olines and good running games and such. At least that's what they tell me, despite the numbers suggesting something slightly different as you'll see. 

3rd and 4-6:

Bortles - 29 attempts, 41% completions, 2 TD, 3 INT, 36.1 passer rating, 3.9 YPA, 3 sacks allowed

Mariota - 28 attempts, 57% completions, 4 TD, 0 INT, 120 passer rating, 7.4 YPA, 2 sacks allowed

Prescott - 26 attempts, 62% completions, 1 TD, 0 INT, 97.1 passer rating, 6.1 YPA, 3 sacks allowed

Carr - 22 attempts, 54% completions, 1 TD, 0 INT, 103.6 passer rating, 9.8 YPA, 1 sack allowed

3rd and 7-9:

Bortles - 19 attempts, 37% completions, 0 TD, 2 INT, 18.4 passer rating, 6.1 YPA, 0 sacks allowed

Mariota - 19 attempts, 58% completions, 1 TD, 0 INT, 100.3 passer rating, 7.8 YPA, 0 sacks allowed

Prescott - 18 attempts, 78% completions, 0 TD, 1 INT, 77.8 passer rating, 8.2 YPA, 3 sacks allowed

Carr - 21 attempts, 57% completions, 1 TD, 0 INT, 86.6 passer rating, 5.0 YPA, 2 sacks allowed

Blake's attempts on 3rd and medium/long aren't really any different, especially when you factor in him leading the league in passes as you said. His ratio of passes on 3rd and medium/long is probably even lower than those guys. He also isn't taking any more sacks than those guys, it wouldn't appear that pass protection is a big issue (I realize it's sacks not pressures but those are impossible to find per down). Basically Blake doesn't have it much, if at all, worse on 3rd down than some of the other successful young QBs right now, he's just a whoooooole lot worse than them. 

Well yeah pass protection is a huge issue. When you look at Mariota, Prescott and Carr, those three just might have the best three offensive lines in the league.

That said, I'm not excusing Blake. He's in a downward spiral right now, and it certainly doesn't help that his arm is probably shot from leading the league in pass attempts. It's also not helping that they have no real ability to utilize play action due to so few rush attempts.

'02

Quote:Well that certainly made me feel better.

Your avatar makes me feel better.   Like climbing the rope in gym class

Quote:Well yeah pass protection is a huge issue. When you look at Mariota, Prescott and Carr, those three just might have the best three offensive lines in the league.

That said, I'm not excusing Blake. He's in a downward spiral right now, and it certainly doesn't help that his arm is probably shot from leading the league in pass attempts. It's also not helping that they have no real ability to utilize play action due to so few rush attempts.

Pass protection has been fine this year.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Hes a bust. Move on already and Bring in Romo so he can groom Allen

Quote:Hes a bust. Move on already and Bring in Romo so he can groom Allen

Isn't there a law against grooming in the US?

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Pass protection has been fine this year.

Parnell is a worst disaster this year than Joekel was last year.

'02

Blake sucks....

He's obviously not working on his craft this off season..which makes him a punk

Romo might as well already be wearing a Denver jersey.

Quote:Blake sucks....

He's obviously not working on his craft this off season..which makes him a punk

I've heard rumors he was working on another craft this off season.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

One reason? Hmm, better draft pick by sticking with him. Guarantee Gus is fired. That's two.