Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
did not watch one down of the game this past Sunday

[Image: carebears_show_0.jpg?itok=hPeRON--]

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can't we just give everyone their participation trophy?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I like honey combs.

I'm more of a frosted shredded wheat guy.

Quote:I also missed the game. Mostly because it was my girlfriends birthday and we watched 8 hours of Gilmore Girls...Not sure which was more frustrating watching Bortles or that show
Dude, your brain must be mush. I mean the Jags are bad, but only 3.5 hours worth of bad.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I went, because I already had tickets.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:hey man why you care so much about me sharing that im not caring?

Hey.. Jimmy cracked corn.
Only a chump boos the home team!

[Image: Want-a-Cookie.gif]

The way some people post around here, the makers of Midol are probably making a fortune.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I was in the middle - I took a nap in the middle of the game, realized I didn't really miss much.  I used to never miss a down either, now - apathy has kicked in and it's meh...

It would be different if the games were exciting or somewhat competitive, but knowing we're going to lose and not put up much of a fight - it's harder to deal wth every week. 

Quote:I already knew the outcome. And I feel great without forcing myself to sit through disappointment. That Sunday night I was in a fabulous mood.

What a quitter.  

I took an intermission midway through the first to go hit some golf balls. It was after a real head scratcher play if I remember correctly.

I watched the whole game sad to say.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Can't we just give everyone their participation trophy?

No because obviously many fans refuse to participate.

Of course Telvin Smith would deserve one if he wanted to play.

Quote:I watched the whole game sad to say.

What you saw was sad, not the fact that you watched it.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2016, 02:37 PM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:I already knew the outcome. And I feel great without forcing myself to sit through disappointment. That Sunday night I was in a fabulous mood.

I didn't watch it either.  The previous Sunday night, I was thinking, these games make me angry, frustrated, depressed.   Why do I keep watching them?  

So, Sunday, I went somewhere.   It kept me on the road all day.   Apparently I missed out on my usual anger, frustration, depression.   I did get to see most of the Dallas vs Pittsburgh game.   Great game.  

Quote:Blake threw like a 20-25 yard TD pass on the opening drive...pure gold.

I was avidly not watching the game, and a friend texted me about that TD pass.   It made me glad I was not watching.  

Quote:You did not know the outcome. Nobody knows it until the game is over.

I did.  Prove that I don't.

You know your team has hit rock bottom when the only entertainment value they have is to see how many new ways they can come up with to lose. In the Jags case however, they're even failing at that as they don't do anything really unusual for them; it's just the same old stuff:

pick 6's...

3rd and long and yet we allow a first down... by a running play no less...

long returns for touchdowns...

reaching the 'red zone' but not scoring touchdowns....

turn overs, turn overs, turn overs...

really, it's kinda' like a scratched record that just keeps on skipping and replaying the same stuff over and over.

Watching this team play on GameDay is like watching your spouse/significant other cheat on you. I don't judge you at all for missing the game. I had to miss a few of the last games because I was either gone, or the game wasn't aired in my area. And, it turned out great. I didn't have the stress of seeing my favorite team getting dismantled by average teams.

It was a little pathetic though, as I was getting play by play updates on the NFL app. Still should have just gone about my business, as the Jags just continue to find ways to let fans down.

For those casting stones at the OP, he's just being honest, and trying to make the best out of a bad situation. Honestly, if you are emotionally tied to the Jags as a fan, watching them play right now should be making you nauseated. One can only stomach so much.

What a bunch of weinies!

I enjoy football. I especially enjoy seeing the best players in the world. Do I wish the Jaguars had a few more of the best players in the world ... lol ... yes, I do. I still enjoy going to and watching the games.

It's football, that's all. You can't deal with that? I hate to see how some of you handle something important.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.