Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We haven't seen or heard the last from the Clintons

Quote:No, I didn't say that. I just stated an opinion that I think spouses should be prohibited from running.

Theoretically speaking, it's a way to end run the Presidential term limit.

Not hard to imagine the spouse could be a carbon copy on policy.

But at the same time, there's nothing to prevent any two unrelated candidates from having identical policy, either.

I used to believe the same - that it shouldn't be allowed, but I really don't see where it matters.  The only benefit is the likability of the spouse and how well that may help the likability of the candidate.

Boy did that backfire.  I like Bill 100x more than Hillary, and I'm sure even most faithful Democrats like him much more, too.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: I didn't vote for Donald Trump or any Presidential Candidate that appeared on the ballot the other day, hence I'm skeptical about Trump keeping his promises. But at this time, I'm going to give him a chance to erase my doubts.

Based on how many ( certainly not remotely close to all ) Democrats think, a white male won't be acceptable to a sizeable portion of the party. At this time, I would be surprised if a white male is the Democrats choice in 2020 if Trump's approval ratings are low.

Democrats problem is that they have blamed every problem they can make up on white males (but not, of course, the special white males in colleges and politics tho, just the regular working stiffs). Not only do white males make up a 1/3 of the country many of them have daughters and sisters, mothers, wives who see what is being said about their fathers, brothers, husbands, and sons and are just as mad about it as the actual 'white males.'

So it doesnt matter what color person they put up. They have to stop with thier dialogue of blaming 'whitey' for problems they know that they, the 'elites,' caused. The openly racist positions of the dems is what has to change. I dont think Michelle will help with that. On top of that, Obama's terms was horrible for jobs for all men, but especially white and black men. Its not like he had a Clintonesque presidency were everyone did well (despite Clintons personal issues, his policys are pretty alright compared to Obama). Trumps term will pretty much be better by default than Obamas economically.

Democrats are going to have to change. Their current platform is no longer working. So we will see. They shifted after 04 when they got stomped as well. Went super extreme, and that got them here. The next logical step would be moderating to a more Bernie style message that is devoid of placing blame on a race, but rather where it belongs on elites IMO. This may all be moot tho, as I expect Trump to do much better than his detractors expect, and in that case it wont matter who the dems put up, he will lose.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Theoretically speaking, it's a way to end run the Presidential term limit.

Not hard to imagine the spouse could be a carbon copy on policy.

But at the same time, there's nothing to prevent any two unrelated candidates from having identical policy, either.

I used to believe the same - that it shouldn't be allowed, but I really don't see where it matters.  The only benefit is the likability of the spouse and how well that may help the likability of the candidate.

Boy did that backfire.  I like Bill 100x more than Hillary, and I'm sure even most faithful Democrats like him much more, too.

Yes, the carbon copy on policy is what concerns me the most. Not necessarily doing a great mannequin challenge with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Quote:The Clinton's truly are like that turd that just won't flush.

They will die out since the family did not multiply. Only one daughter. Had they been a couple that actually liked each other at some point, we might have a problem

Quote:They will die out since the family did not multiply. Only one daughter. Had they been a couple that actually liked each other at some point, we might have a problem

True, but there is good probability that Bill has some illegitimate children running around there somewhere.

Quote:True, but there is good probability that Bill has some illegitimate children running around there somewhere.

Ya but they won't have any impact on politics. This ain't game of thrones and there will be no Clinton Blackfyre rebellion.

Quote:They will die out since the family did not multiply. Only one daughter. Had they been a couple that actually liked each other at some point, we might have a problem

Chelsea already has a kid...they aren't gone.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Definitely The Don part 2.

Could we be seeing a future Trump dynasty like the Bush family? Seems like the Trump kids are politically savvy.

Ivanka Trump is a real possibility.

Quote:Ivanka Trump is a real possibility.

She's now an Orthodox Jew, I don't know if she'd make it to president as one, unfortunately.

Quote:She's now an Orthodox Jew, I don't know if she'd make it to president as one, unfortunately.

I didn't know that. Yeah, you're probably right. She's really well liked though.

Quote:I didn't know that. Yeah, you're probably right. She's really well liked though.

She converted when she got married, apparently his parents weren't down with him marrying a shiksa and they broke up once because of it before they got engaged.

Quote:She's now an Orthodox Jew, I don't know if she'd make it to president as one, unfortunately.
Why would that be a problem?

Orthodox? If her husband was really orthodox they shouldnt have ever dated in the first place. Maybe conservadox

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Why would that be a problem?

The whole no Christmas thing would bother a lot of people, if you know what I mean.

Quote:Orthodox? If her husband was really orthodox they shouldnt have ever dated in the first place. Maybe conservadox

Modern Orthodox

Quote: 

The whole no Christmas thing would bother a lot of people, if you know what I mean.

Modern Orthodox
Oh I see. Thanks.

Quote: 

Modern Orthodox
Now there's an oxymoron. 

Quote:Kind of shocked. Why put yourself through it?

Let me guess you already don't like her? Is it because her last name is Clinton?

She seems especially close to Ivanka.
The earning potential from selling your position has been seriously impinged upon by Hillary losing the election, and neither she nor Willie have any prospects in the hopper that would put them into a position of influence where they could do a little pay for play.  Enter Hillary Junior.  The only way to keep the Clinton graft flush with cash is to have someone in the family with something to sell.  It's time for Chelsea to earn the millions she's already received for doing basically nothing other than having that last name. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Ivanka vs. Michelle or Chelsea in 2024?

That poor glass ceiling wouldn't stand a chance.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2016, 09:31 PM by WingerDinger.)

Quote:Ivanka vs. Michelle or Chelsea in 2024?

That poor glass ceiling wouldn't stand a chance.
Well that glass ceiling prop that was supposed to come crashing down for Hillary’s victory speech is still in tact. That could be reusable.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Well that glass ceiling prop that was supposed to come crashing down for Hillary’s victory speech is still in tact. That could be reusable.

That was a trap for Trump...the anvil kept falling down too soon.