Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where is the excitement?

Not sure why you would want to advertise your politics in your yard particularly in today's toxic climate

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not sure why you would want to advertise your politics in your yard particularly in today's toxic climate

Because politics is the only game in town now that religion and the Jaguars have been rendered meaningless.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:A Republican has been New Jersey's governor for what seems like forever. I find it hard to believe NJ is a "very liberal" state.

The New Jersey Governor is a RINO.    If he was anything remotely close to a Conservative,  he wouldn't even get elected dog catcher on a state wide basis in New Jersey.

Quote:Ronald Reagan was governor of California, you don't get any more liberal that out there.

Though today I unfortunately agree that California is ultra-ultra-ultra Liberal,  back when Ronald Reagan was Governor,  it was far less Liberal than in the present.  

Quote:Probably the poster that he quoted but that's just a guess.

And which poster was that?

Quote:Not sure why you would want to advertise your politics in your yard particularly in today's toxic climate

Campaigns are advertising to the people who put those signs in their yards.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2016, 10:24 PM by WingerDinger.)

I will say this.

I'm on the road an awful lot because of my job. Just in the past couple of months, I've been up and down the state of Florida (including both the east and west coasts of Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi. The push for Trump is kind of amazing. I've never seen such high support by the public for any candidate before. Everything from bumper stickers, yard signs, community campaigns ect.. It really is impressive.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Because politics is the only game in town now that religion and the Jaguars have been rendered meaningless.

Should have signed Tebow could have had all 3 in a neat little package.

Quote: Though today I unfortunately agree that California is ultra-ultra-ultra Liberal, back when Ronald Reagan was Governor, it was far less Liberal than in the present.

But still significantly more than the rest of the country at the time.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:And which poster was that?

You can see his post but not who he quoted?

To answer the original question It doesn't appear there is any excitement for Clinton, the Republicans should have this wrapped up but no the deplorables have managed to fumble on the one yard line and vote for an even worse candidate.

How very Jaguars

Quote:I'm over here in Riverside, the bastion of the young and liberal, and there is a surprising lack of Hillary signs.

That speaks volumes. I used to live in Riverside and yes, very, very liberal.

Quote:I will say this.

I'm on the road an awful lot because of my job. Just in the past couple of months, I've been up and down the state of Florida (including both the east and west coasts of Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi. The push for Trump is kind of amazing. I've never seen such high support by the public for any candidate before. Everything from bumper stickers, yard signs, community campaigns ect.. It really is impressive.

Obama definitely had more excitement during the 2008 election. He also had a lot of younger people pushing social media which made it seem even larger than it was. 

It's higher than any recent Republican by far.

Quote: The New Jersey Governor is a RINO.
No, he's a whale. Do they even teach biology up there?

Quote:You can see his post but not who he quoted?

I can't see his post. I saw yours that quoted him.

Quote:Last weekend my wife and I drove down to Ocala to buy a cat (I know it sucks, but happy wife = happy life).  My wife commented that she didn't see a single Hillary yard sign nor did we see one single "Hillary"  bumper sticker.

We saw a lot of Trump signs in yards, though tolerant liberals seem to think they need to be taken down.

It got me thinking a bit today on my drive in to work.  I kept a tally and the results pretty much mirror the poll on this MB.  I saw exactly 9 bumper stickers for Trump, 0 Hillary stickers and 1 0bama sticker.  I counted 8 Trump signs in my neighborhood as I left and 0 Hillary signs.

My guess is that liberals aren't really enthused about their candidate whereas the trumpettes have their minons fired up.

I don't know how the rest of the country is at this point, but in NE Florida it's looking like a Trump win in a landslide.

checking in in central florida.  I'm a realtor and constantly drive around the area.  too many trump signs to count.  3 Hillary signs total

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I can't see his post. I saw yours that quoted him.

You can click on the little button on his post and you can see it that way, instead of expecting someone else to tell you what you want to know.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:You can click on the little button on his post and you can see it that way, instead of expecting someone else to tell you what you want to know.

I've tried to help her with that before. Good luck.

Quote:But still significantly more than the rest of the country at the time.

Agreed.  But my guess is that proportionately,  California has become that much more Liberal since Ronald Reagan was elected Governor of California compared to the U.S. overall.   It's now inconceivable that someone like Ronald Reagan could get elected Gov. of California or win the state in a Presidential election.

Quote:No, he's a whale. Do they even teach biology up there?

I wish he was the political version of a brontosaurus, as in extinct.