Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
6-10

I got more despair from the referees than I did our team. There were probably 15 or so calls I feel were blatantly missed vs our team. Saw 1 blatant OPI missed, 2 missed defensive holds, and a [BLEEP] ton of offensive holding that was largely ignored vs our defensive line. I mean Calias was CHOKED, TACKLED, HUGGED, TRIPPED, you name it. Yannick was held a few times too. This team on top of all that, was almost unbearable. It did feel like this game was a flashback to the Gus days, but these aren't the Gus led Jaguars. We came out in the 2nd half and answered. Stifled the Chargers and did more than enough to win the game(thanks refs, [BLEEP] YOU one more time).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 06:43 AM by The Real Marty.)

(11-12-2017, 05:56 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: In my defense, we literally shouldn’t have won that game.

I thought the game was over and we had lost, about 3 times!  Somehow, we kept getting the ball back, only to throw the game away again!   And then we got the ball back again!  

I wonder how many people left the stadium when they thought we had lost.

Thinking back, way way back, to '96, I remember a game against the Ravens in Baltimore where we had absolutely lost, but for some very strange reason that will forever be unknown, Vinnie Testeverde dropped back to pass, stumbled over his own feet, sort of placed the ball on the turf, and did a somersault. Nobody within 5 yards of him. We jump on the ball, and go on to pull the game out in the last minute. That was one of the 5 games in a row we had to win just to get into the playoffs, and the rest is history. Lesson being, sometimes, you just get really really lucky.

Were we lucky to win that game yesterday? Probably. On the other hand, Malik Jackson did put his helmet right on the ball and force that late fumble, so, that was a heck of a play by him.

(11-13-2017, 01:08 AM)jjgator Wrote: Did you beat the original Metroid on NES on an actual NES? Emulators and save states don't count.

No. I was an infant when the first Metroid came out.

(11-13-2017, 06:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-12-2017, 05:56 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: In my defense, we literally shouldn’t have won that game.

I thought the game was over and we had lost, about 3 times!  Somehow, we kept getting the ball back, only to throw the game away again!   And then we got the ball back again!  

Thinking back, way way back, to '96, I remember a game against the Ravens in Baltimore where we had absolutely lost, but for some very strange reason that will forever be unknown, Vinnie Testeverde dropped back to pass, stumbled over his own feet, sort of placed the ball on the turf, and did a somersault.  Nobody within 5 yards of him.  We jump on the ball, and go on to pull the game out in the last minute.  That was one of the 5 games in a row we had to win just to get into the playoffs, and the rest is history.   Lesson being, sometimes, you just get really really lucky.

Were we lucky to win that game yesterday?  Probably.  On the other hand, Malik Jackson did put his helmet right on the ball and force that late fumble, so, that was a heck of a play by him.

From the look of it on TV.... it was a very sparse crowd to begin with, and then it looked like they all started leaving after the first INT, it emptied even quicker after the 2nd...

It was ridiculous the Jags came back to win that game after screwing themselves so many times (I don't wanna talk about the refs... they screw up a lot on both sides of every game)

OT of OP:
I wonder how many people have since responded to this post not realizing it was made before the game was actually over.

https://soundcloud.com/user-580068907/ye...remastered
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(11-13-2017, 06:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Thinking back, way way back, to '96, I remember a game against the Ravens in Baltimore where we had absolutely lost, but for some very strange reason that will forever be unknown, Vinnie Testeverde dropped back to pass, stumbled over his own feet, sort of placed the ball on the turf, and did a somersault.  Nobody within 5 yards of him.  We jump on the ball, and go on to pull the game out in the last minute.  That was one of the 5 games in a row we had to win just to get into the playoffs, and the rest is history.   Lesson being, sometimes, you just get really really lucky.

Were we lucky to win that game yesterday?  Probably.  On the other hand, Malik Jackson did put his helmet right on the ball and force that late fumble, so, that was a heck of a play by him.

A lot of people who decided to bolt after the first interception hadn't gotten out of the stadium before we got the ball back.  The section in front of us emptied out and then filled right back up within 5 minutes.  After the 2nd interception, it started again, but this time they didn't get back in to watch the end of the game.  The crowd that stayed was rewarded, and they were still loud and supporting the team.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(11-13-2017, 10:42 AM)FBT Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 06:33 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I thought the game was over and we had lost, about 3 times!  Somehow, we kept getting the ball back, only to throw the game away again!   And then we got the ball back again!  

A lot of people who decided to bolt after the first interception hadn't gotten out of the stadium before we got the ball back.  The section in front of us emptied out and then filled right back up within 5 minutes.  After the 2nd interception, it started again, but this time they didn't get back in to watch the end of the game.  The crowd that stayed was rewarded, and they were still loud and supporting the team.

I turned off GamePass when I heard Lags say "What a way for the game to end" just after the 2nd pic. Posted my Ol' 'Teal Blackmon Flag of a jersey up on the railing.  Went up to get ready for work. Talking all soft and humble. Patting the kids on their heads and kissing their foreheads. (Me with a rather goofy smirk. Them, with their expressions of confusion...) Went and shaved and didn't realize til like an hour later that we won.  And the way it happened was funny. I glanced at my fantasy and noticed an obvious glitch. ESPN must've thought Josh Lambo still played for San Diego. My kicker didn't kick no 2FGS! Then I'm headed to Pop Duke house.. The radio show lists The Jags among the list of victors. For a moment I thought, "man, everybody making mistakes" Then my eyes got big and I looked back at FantasyCast.

Go Jags! 6-3
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(11-13-2017, 11:10 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(11-13-2017, 10:42 AM)FBT Wrote: A lot of people who decided to bolt after the first interception hadn't gotten out of the stadium before we got the ball back.  The section in front of us emptied out and then filled right back up within 5 minutes.  After the 2nd interception, it started again, but this time they didn't get back in to watch the end of the game.  The crowd that stayed was rewarded, and they were still loud and supporting the team.

I turned off GamePass when I heard Lags say "What a way for the game to end" just after the 2nd pic. Posted my Ol' 'Teal Blackmon Flag of a jersey up on the railing.  Went up to get ready for work. Talking all soft and humble. Patting the kids on their heads and kissing their foreheads. (Me with a rather goofy smirk. Them, with their expressions of confusion...) Went and shaved and didn't realize til like an hour later that we won.  And the way it happened was funny. I glanced at my fantasy and noticed an obvious glitch. ESPN must've thought Josh Lambo still played for San Diego. My kicker didn't kick no 2FGS! Then I'm headed to Pop Duke house.. The radio show lists The Jags among the list of victors. For a moment I thought, "man, everybody making mistakes" Then my eyes got big and I looked back at FantasyCast.

Go Jags! 6-3

Cmon man!

well guess what,i was worried to at sports bar when it was 14-6 chargers. my dad,and i stayed in hopes jags would some how pull it off. on the last int by bortles i even said to my dad thats game. a minete left,and other team has the ball. Yet we stayed at sports bar. We really should give Allan Hurns a game ball as well as jags defense. if hurns hadn't crawled off field we used a time out,and don't have 3 left to use to hold chargers on thier last possion,and they would've won.

also for those who don't know or rember we live in North Carolina

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.