Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Conversation I had with someone who claims he knows Blake Bortles

I am Blake Bortles and he said we are going to be fine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2018, 07:50 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(01-03-2018, 02:43 PM)GrizzlyDrizzy Wrote: Last night I met Blake Bortles in Buffalo. He told me the Jaguars only opened up 50% of the playbook and the only way to reveal the other 50% is to eat authentic Buffalo chicken wings. He was scarfing them down. The Bills are screwed.

Even tho your a bills fan, that was funny, +1 from me.

(01-04-2018, 03:30 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 02:43 PM)GrizzlyDrizzy Wrote: Last night I met Blake Bortles in Buffalo. He told me the Jaguars only opened up 50% of the playbook and the only way to reveal the other 50% is to eat authentic Buffalo chicken wings. He was scarfing them down. The Bills are screwed.

Really hope you [BLEEP] hang around to take your lumps after Sunday afternoon.

I expect them in the game thread too. That would be a lot of fun actually.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I drove out to Buffalo a couple weekends ago and was in no way impressed with their wings.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(01-04-2018, 08:27 PM)Achilles Wrote:

I drove out to Buffalo a couple weekends ago and was in no way impressed with their wings.

Where did you go? Duff's has pretty dank wings.

For what it's worth, Blake kind of alluded to sandbagging a bit last week. In his last press conference he said:

"You lose you go home. It’s over. There’s no excuse to not play as hard as you can every single play.”

Now maybe I'm reading into things a bit, but to me that sounds like they may have just went through the motions last week, knowing they have another game.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

In games where we come out right away and throw for a first down or two the running game is open the entire day. We game plan to just run the ball as much as possible and we stink at it. Hopefully someone gets a clue and gives us some high percentage low risk completions to start these games. Coming out and running it twice to set up a 3rd and 7 isn't going to give us any chance to win.
No pain, no gain.

(01-04-2018, 08:29 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 08:27 PM)Achilles Wrote: I drove out to Buffalo a couple weekends ago and was in no way impressed with their wings.

Where did you go? Duff's has pretty dank wings.

I hit up Duff's and another place suggested by some locals called....Gideon's gate? I think...there was some sort of alliteration haha

All I know is if the jags win on Sunday I'm gonna drown myself in a delicious blizzard of wings to celebrate.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(01-03-2018, 04:56 PM)JNev Wrote: I have a good Bortles story. I was in Jacksonville with my wife and brother to see the 2015 season opener since he's a Panthers fan. At breakfast before the game we went to a restaurant and I was wearing a Bortles jersey. After we paid our bill the waitress said to us, "I have a story about Bortles if you guys want to hear it, I actually met him" We were intrigued and she went on to say she had met him and she asked him what he did for a living and he told her he was a trainer at SeaWorld. Only later did one of her friends tell her he was the QB for the Jaguars. I can see that as something Blake would do

Perhaps, at the time, he thought telling her he was a trainer at Sea World would be more impressive than being the QB of a poorly performing small market NFL franchise?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

There was a couple instances I thought Blake should run for easy first downs early in the game but he decided to throw very tough completions. There may be a tiny bit of truth in that they wanted to limit the offense/exposure to injure in some way. Would also help explain the lower amount of deep passes that we have become accustomed to.

Just ran into Borts at the marina. They are def opening up the entire playbook this week. Look for some fake punts and a long bomb by NORT to MICKENS for a TD!!! Also, look out for Lambo Borts said. Lambo might have a trick tomorrow up his sleeve. Says Lambo is going to have a day.

(01-06-2018, 10:07 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Just ran into Borts at the marina. They are def opening up the entire playbook this week. Look for some fake punts and a long bomb by NORT to MICKENS for a TD!!! Also, look out for Lambo Borts said. Lambo might have a trick tomorrow up his sleeve. Says Lambo is going to have a day.

I’m sure this was meant to be positive, but honestly I’d rather Nort and Lambo to not see the field much. Not going to lie, I’d be interested to see what a long bomb from Nort looks like...5 yards, 15 maybe? LOL
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-06-2018, 10:30 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 10:07 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Just ran into Borts at the marina. They are def opening up the entire playbook this week. Look for some fake punts and a long bomb by NORT to MICKENS for a TD!!! Also, look out for Lambo Borts said. Lambo might have a trick tomorrow up his sleeve. Says Lambo is going to have a day.

I’m sure this was meant to be positive, but honestly I’d rather Nort and Lambo to not see the field much. Not going to lie, I’d be interested to see what a long bomb from Nort looks like...5 yards, 15 maybe? LOL

I'd like to see Lambo on the field 10 times.  5 extra points and 5 field goals.  Big Grin

And based on Nortman's pass to the back up TE -- no, we really don't want to see him throw it again. Especially not long.

What about Nortman throwing to Campbell on a fake field goal?

Why would they talk about game plan on a message board bills are reading lol?
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(01-07-2018, 01:35 AM)archer56 Wrote: Why would they talk about game plan on a message board bills are reading lol?

Playing Devil's Advocate here but would you believe it if you read it on a message board or if some random dude off the street told you? I wouldn't.

I mean, no but some people really are that stupid from what I've run into in life.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

I met Doug Marrone's nephew's friend and he confirmed this.

So glad I clicked on this thread. But this thread just doesn't seem complete without JW's participation. Is she banned again???

Seriously, can't you just limit posts? Why you gotta shut a legund down completely?

Uh Oh!

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 12:54 PM by Dakota.)

(01-07-2018, 03:09 AM)VisitingCobra Wrote: So glad I clicked on this thread.  But this thread just doesn't seem complete without JW's participation.   Is she banned again???  

Seriously, can't you just limit posts?  Why you gotta shut a legund down completely?

Uh Oh!
Don't even go there..... This place is exponentially better without that poster clogging up every single thread with ignorance.

How quickly you have forgotten posts, followed 2 minutes later by another post saying, "doesn't anyone have an opinion on this?" Yes, we have opinions. No, we don't want to share them with you.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

That guy lied. Looked like the same playbook for most of the year.
Here we go again