Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Message to the Coaching Staff

(01-08-2018, 12:05 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 11:41 AM)Adub28 Wrote: This goes against almost every rule in the book, but i think the coaching staff has to take a hard look at starting Henne. Yes i know he sucks too and is not mobile, but can he atleast complete a pass down the field? Yesterday was absolutely brutal. Bortles was missing easy throws, less than 5 yards and his accuracy was attrocious. Hopefully Blake can find some magic from a few weeks back, or this team is in trouble come Sunday and i have to imagine Henne will see action if Blake plays the same.
I'm sorry but this post is absolutely moronic.

How many passes did Bortles complete past 5 yards, i’ll give you a hint 2. Yes i said 2. What is this, [mod edit]  pop Warner. Look Henne sucks, but Bortles is absolute trash, i dont get what the hell you people are watching. I hope i am a 100% wrong and he comes out and lights it up, but it has been 4 years, same [BLEEP] same story, it is not going to change.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2018, 08:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: +1 to all this.

When we came out at halftime, the first play was play action over the linebackers to Westbrook. MORE OF THIS!

+2

I do not understand why we don't start off games with PA or just pass the ball.  We must adjust to great playoff teams and take what their defense gives.  EVERY team's defense will give us the passing game over the running game.

Pass to open up the run, be effective early and run all you want in the 2nd half.

(01-08-2018, 12:04 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 11:41 AM)Adub28 Wrote: This goes against almost every rule in the book, but i think the coaching staff has to take a hard look at starting Henne. Yes i know he sucks too and is not mobile, but can he atleast complete a pass down the field? Yesterday was absolutely brutal. Bortles was missing easy throws, less than 5 yards and his accuracy was attrocious. Hopefully Blake can find some magic from a few weeks back, or this team is in trouble come Sunday and i have to imagine Henne will see action if Blake plays the same.

You're kidding right?  Take a hard look at starting Henne?  Wow.

I mean yeah i am not kidding as sad as it is to say. I love the Jags as much as anyone and it Pains me to watch the QB play of Bortles, 2 passes past 5 yards, something has to change, the excuse computer for Bortles has ran out of excuses. That said i hope i am wrong and he somehow plays well next weekend, but honestly don’t see it.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(01-08-2018, 07:33 PM)Adub28 Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 12:05 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I'm sorry but this post is absolutely moronic.

How many passes did Bortles complete past 5 yards, i’ll give you a hint 2. Yes i said 2. What is this, fuxking pop Warner. Look Henne sucks, but Bortles is absolute trash, i dont get what the hell you people are watching. I hope i am a 100% wrong and he comes out and lights it up, but it has been 4 years, same bullisht same story, it is not going to change.

Bortles was nervous and did not look good at all early.

However...dropped passed and scared play-calling did not help one bit.

(01-08-2018, 07:33 PM)Adub28 Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 12:05 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I'm sorry but this post is absolutely moronic.

How many passes did Bortles complete past 5 yards, i’ll give you a hint 2. Yes i said 2. What is this, fuxking pop Warner. Look Henne sucks, but Bortles is absolute trash, i dont get what the hell you people are watching. I hope i am a 100% wrong and he comes out and lights it up, but it has been 4 years, same bullisht same story, it is not going to change.

I don't get what the hell you think Henne is going to do.  He's awful.  And you don't suddenly change quarterbacks in the playoffs.  Good grief.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 07:42 PM by Adub28.)

What if your qb can’t complete a forward pass though?

(01-08-2018, 07:37 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 07:33 PM)Adub28 Wrote: How many passes did Bortles complete past 5 yards, i’ll give you a hint 2. Yes i said 2. What is this, fuxking pop Warner. Look Henne sucks, but Bortles is absolute trash, i dont get what the hell you people are watching. I hope i am a 100% wrong and he comes out and lights it up, but it has been 4 years, same bullisht same story, it is not going to change.

I don't get what the hell you think Henne is going to do.  He's awful.  And you don't suddenly change quarterbacks in the playoffs.  Good grief.

Henne sucks too, i already said that,  but he has to atleast be an option. Would you consider Henne if Bortles plays the same way in the 1st half vs. Pitt. Regardless the qb absolutely has to be addressed this off-season.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 07:43 PM by Jest101.)

(01-08-2018, 07:39 PM)Adub28 Wrote: What if your qb can’t complete a forward pass though?

Ignoring some early drops...and Hackett's atrocious play-calling early of run (up the middle), run (up the middle), pass (in a clear passing situation)...yeah, Bortles needed to figure out how to adjust to the wind yesterday and didn't get it done early.  It was his first "bad" game in some time so I'm not going to overreact.  He wasn't great the last 2 regular seasons games either but those were a lot more on drops and the play-calling than him.

Don't lose hope yet.

(01-08-2018, 07:39 PM)Adub28 Wrote: What if your qb can’t complete a forward pass though?

(01-08-2018, 07:37 PM)Rico Wrote: I don't get what the hell you think Henne is going to do.  He's awful.  And you don't suddenly change quarterbacks in the playoffs.  Good grief.

Henne sucks too, i already said that,  but he has to atleast be an option. Would you consider Henne if Bortles plays the same way in the 1st half vs. Pitt. Regardless the qb absolutely has to be addressed this off-season.

No...Bortles can run, Chenne can't.

also have to have some 4 and 3 WR sets where they run the ball. spread the defense out. can't always have a fullback and 1/2 TE sets out there.

If that slant pass to Fournette is caught on the first drive, I think we see a different Blake. That catch could have gone to the house. Then Blake is playing with a lead and confidence.

(01-08-2018, 09:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If that slant pass to Fournette is caught on the first drive, I think we see a different Blake. That catch could have gone to the house. Then Blake is playing with a lead and confidence.

To quote an old Drifter saying, "If if were fifths, we'd all be drunk. Banana
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(01-08-2018, 09:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If that slant pass to Fournette is caught on the first drive, I think we see a different Blake. That catch could have gone to the house. Then Blake is playing with a lead and confidence.

Yeah. Blake couldn't really hit him in stride because of the LB between them - so it went to Fournette's back hip and he couldn't reel it in. 

Too bad.  He probably would only have the safety to beat after that catch. 

Nice play to mix in by Hackett there. That LB was just reading Blake's eyes the whole way and made a good break on it.

(01-08-2018, 05:28 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:  Anyone who listens to the media is a total moron. I listened to Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms rip Bortles for throwing under 100 yards. Then I turn on ESPN and Bortles is ONE of only 4 QB's in history of NFL to win a playoff game throwing under 100 yards.....who else was on the list? Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms. 

Only sheep listen to media.

Normally, I totally agree.

However, when fairly successful ex-QBs/ ex-coaches (Romo, Simms, Esiason, Cowher) are analyzing Bortles' play and how it affects a gameplan, they're not wrong. They now just a little bit more than any one of us (me, you, all MB posters) about what they see.

There's a reason the gameplan is what it is. It's Bortles, plain and simple. 

The las time they played Pitt,, Bortles only had 1 pass in the entire 2nd half,, ONE!
Why?
Because the defense ended up spotting the team a lead, and no way in HADES were the Jags gonna jeopardize a victory by taking a chance on BB making a boneheaded play or two which would let the Steelers back in it. (Ala the Jets game, when Bortles flips a ball to a big fat D-lineman who runs it all the way near the goal line and gives them points).

It's why the Bills gameplan looked the way it did. The Jags were likely gonna win that game the way the defense was playing lights out. 

During the flow of the game, when it looks like the Jags can secure a victory playing like that, you can BET they try to minimize any chance for Bortles to make a killer mistake. 

You can't blame the coaching AT ALL for that. If you have a great chance at winning, you go with what works. Don't jeopardize it with potential mistakes.

1 pass in Pitt during the 2nd half. One.

(01-09-2018, 10:33 AM)jagherd Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 05:28 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote:  Anyone who listens to the media is a total moron. I listened to Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms rip Bortles for throwing under 100 yards. Then I turn on ESPN and Bortles is ONE of only 4 QB's in history of NFL to win a playoff game throwing under 100 yards.....who else was on the list? Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms. 

Only sheep listen to media.

Normally, I totally agree.

However, when fairly successful ex-QBs/ ex-coaches (Romo, Simms, Esiason, Cowher) are analyzing Bortles' play and how it affects a gameplan, they're not wrong. They now just a little bit more than any one of us (me, you, all MB posters) about what they see.

There's a reason the gameplan is what it is. It's Bortles, plain and simple. 

The las time they played Pitt,, Bortles only had 1 pass in the entire 2nd half,, ONE!
Why?
Because the defense ended up spotting the team a lead, and no way in HADES were the Jags gonna jeopardize a victory by taking a chance on BB making a boneheaded play or two which would let the Steelers back in it. (Ala the Jets game, when Bortles flips a ball to a big fat D-lineman who runs it all the way near the goal line and gives them points).

It's why the Bills gameplan looked the way it did. The Jags were likely gonna win that game the way the defense was playing lights out. 

During the flow of the game, when it looks like the Jags can secure a victory playing like that, you can BET they try to minimize any chance for Bortles to make a killer mistake. 

You can't blame the coaching AT ALL for that. If you have a great chance at winning, you go with what works. Don't jeopardize it with potential mistakes.

1 pass in Pitt during the 2nd half. One.

The question is why are you questioning a successful strategy and what will you cry about when the copycat league starts doing the same thing? With a 10 point lead you shouldn't throw the ball again, you should simply use your powerful running game to bleed out the game clock. The idea that aggressive offense is the only way to win is silly and this team is proving it (again).
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato