Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** THE OFFICIAL PITTSBURGH WEATHER THREAD **

That loss in Tennessee is typical for the Jaguars — they are 1-8 in games, regular season and playoffs, in which the temperature is 25 degrees or lower.

The Steelers are 7-1 in home postseason games in those temperatures.

Ugh, the record for this particular team in that kind of weather is 0-1 though. I've actually never seen snow in my life and I'm 34. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What was the temp at the Cleveland game? That looked cold

I feel like there was more pressure on the team to get the win at home last week against Buffalo in its playoff debut than this week. This week we get our swagger back.
No pain, no gain.

(01-12-2018, 07:50 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I feel like there was more pressure on the team to get the win at home last week against Buffalo in its playoff debut than this week. This week we get our swagger back.

Agree... if we play a competitive game this weekend and lose... Jacksonville will look at this season as a success. If we had lost to Buffalo (After losing the last two games of the season), I think the perception would be its back to jags as usual.

(01-12-2018, 07:50 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I feel like there was more pressure on the team to get the win at home last week against Buffalo in its playoff debut than this week. This week we get our swagger back.
Defense never lost their swagger. Offense needs to find it.

I think this game hinges on the 1st quarter. Blake and the offense can't fold under the pressure during the first couple drives. You don't need touchdowns on those first drives (even though that would be awesome) but you can't have 3 and outs. Some quick throws and good holes for Fournette are crucial. Withstand the energy in the first quarter and anything is possible.

Sunday..... hurry up.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2018, 11:56 AM by irontrooper83.)

(01-12-2018, 11:15 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Defense never lost their swagger. Offense needs to find it.

I think this game hinges on the 1st quarter. Blake and the offense can't fold under the pressure during the first couple drives. You don't need touchdowns on those first drives (even though that would be awesome) but you can't have 3 and outs. Some quick throws and good holes for Fournette are crucial. Withstand the energy in the first quarter and anything is possible.

Sunday..... hurry up.

I agree with this, even if we don't score right away we need to get some yards to run the clock and above all get a decent field position with a punt.
What we can't afford against Pittsburgh is giving them easy field position like in the 2 Titans game when we made them start more often than not at the 50 or in our territory. Or to have the defense on the field for like 20 minutes in the first half like it happened last week against the Bills, they would make us pay for that in the second half.
Also especially against the Steelers we don't want to fall behind and chase for the entire match, not with the way our offense has been playing lately.
Have Bortles running early, use bootlegs, quick passes, whatever works but the first couple of drives we need to at least be able to sustain them and get good field position.
Having a similar (or better of course) first half to what we had week 5 (7-6 at the half I think) would be great.

(01-12-2018, 04:21 AM)ColoJag Wrote: What was the temp at the Cleveland game? That looked cold

38 degrees, wind 16 mph.

Here

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-09-2018, 10:31 AM)SunriseCottage Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 09:58 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I like NC weather. It can get hot and humid here but not for as long as it does down there. I do not miss FL weather at all. We actually have seasons and I love it. I would love to live in the mountains where it's even cooler but I'm not complaining.

Yeah, we live 6 months in the western NC mountains, at 4000 feet above sea level. A hot August day is 78 degrees. Night temps in the 50’s.

I'm guessing Boone/Blowing Rock area? I'm in Bristol, VA now, much better than say Charlotte. I'll he back in Western NY in March though, excited for a real winter again. 

As for the game, wind is only supposed to be around 5mph now. Shouldn't be too bad. The cold should be worse, but hopefully will help a power back like Fournette wear doesn't the defense.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I'm seeing sunny, cold, and minimal wind
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Hey Jags fans- 

Steeler fan here. Was searching the site and saw the weather thread. Just wanted to comment.

Yesterday it was 61 degrees until about 2pm then it started raining and the temp dropped to 32 within just a few hours. There was a sleet mixture then  about 3” of snow with temps dropping to the teens and then single digits. City was under a storm warning due to ice.

It’s currently 13 with a real feel of 6. Wind gusts are cold but not too bad today. 

The past two weeks were way worse until the warm up. Negative temps with terrible wind chills. Rivers frozen, etc. Getting out of the car to pump gas nearly gave you frostbite. It was crazy. 

For the game Temps will be close to the same as the Miami game last year but the wind was worse I think. It was 8-16mph and I don’t think wind will be that bad this time. I was there. It was terribly cold but the wind was brutal.

But In any case, be smart, bundle up. I don’t want to see anybody injured b/c they weren’t prepared for the temps.

I hope we mop the floor with ya team but I know it will be a hard fought game. Here is to no injuries!

Thanks Heinz

I hope if we win one of our players stomps on a terrible towel.

Americans are cute, lol. It has been -40 Celsius here in western canada for the past month, I go outside in only a hoodie and gloves ??

Go jags cheering from the north, can't wait to celebrate the victory tomorrow!
Jags 4 Life

(01-13-2018, 08:53 PM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: Americans are cute, lol. It has been -40 Celsius here in western canada for the past month, I go outside in only a hoodie and gloves ??

Ya I’m from the same region, although we have that dry cold compared to that humid cold. Still absolutely bitter up here. Hopefully the jags can perform tomorrow, love to see them get that offence going.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2018, 09:50 PM by jjgator.)

Wow, the tacks are actually looking pretty good against the Pats so far.

(01-13-2018, 08:53 PM)cdnjagfan14 Wrote: Americans are cute, lol. It has been -40 Celsius here in western canada for the past month, I go outside in only a hoodie and gloves ??

Yeah but Celsius isn't real. 

Kidding, but -40 Celsius is literally the same as -40 Fahrenheit. If you're wearing a hoodie only in that temp for an extended time, well then you're just dumb. Going to and from your car and whatnot is different. And this is coming from someone who generally only wears sweatshirts all winter in NY.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Apparently Brown will play but isn’t 100%

(01-13-2018, 09:49 PM)jjgator Wrote: Wow, the tacks are actually looking pretty good against the Pats so far.

Well not now.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2018, 11:06 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(01-13-2018, 08:49 PM)jjgator Wrote: I hope if we win one of our players stomps on a terrible towel.

No, lets not do that again. Its pretty classless.

(01-13-2018, 07:41 PM)Heinz Wrote: Hey Jags fans- 

Steeler fan here. Was searching the site and saw the weather thread. Just wanted to comment.

Yesterday it was 61 degrees until about 2pm then it started raining and the temp dropped to 32 within just a few hours. There was a sleet mixture then  about 3” of snow with temps dropping to the teens and then single digits. City was under a storm warning due to ice.

It’s currently 13 with a real feel of 6. Wind gusts are cold but not too bad today. 

The past two weeks were way worse until the warm up. Negative temps with terrible wind chills. Rivers frozen, etc. Getting out of the car to pump gas nearly gave you frostbite. It was crazy. 

For the game Temps will be close to the same as the Miami game last year but the wind was worse I think. It was 8-16mph and I don’t think wind will be that bad this time. I was there. It was terribly cold but the wind was brutal.

But In any case, be smart, bundle up. I don’t want to see anybody injured b/c they weren’t prepared for the temps.

I hope we mop the floor with ya team but I know it will be a hard fought game. Here is to no injuries!

This on the other hand is classy +1

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

11 degrees at kickoff. That's cold.

I know players from the south try to down play cold weather BUT if you don't live it day in a day out, it's a shock to the body. Our team is full of young players from the south so it's going to be interesting to see how they can mitigate this bone chilling weather.