Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It doesn't really matter who wins tomorrow . . .Nobody is beating Pats

what the hell you mean it doesnt matter? Matters to me even if we get killed next week. I wanna chance at the SB. Go jags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's what they said in 1996 before we played the Broncos. Anything is possible.

(01-14-2018, 01:00 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Our defense matches up perfectly with the Patriots.

Brady is and always will be a dink and dunk QB. No way those incompetent WRs can get open on our CBs and our safeties and LBs are big enough and fast enough to cover their TEs.

I think they could easily hold the Patriots to 10.

huh,,bradys always in the top 3 for most pass completions of 20+ and 40+ yards...  try watching for once

Pats fan here: joined this forum to chat with you guys this week.

I strongly disagree with the sentiment of this thread: your defense provides a matchup nightmare for the Patriots. It should be a slugfest.

You know who is Belichick's achilles heel? Tom Caughlin. Who do you think he built the Jaguars to beat? Not just your division. He knew that his team would be facing Brady again if his plans came to fruition. This is going to be a great game, I look forward to analyzing x's and o's this week with you guys.

Congrats on wrecking the Steelers, so glad we don't have to listen to Tomlin this week.

Defense better do his job against Brady. It was terrible today.

It will be really tough. I am confident the D will get it back together though, they better or Brady will kill us.

Before today I didn't think we had the offense ability to hang with the pats. I'd give us a chance after this week but would heavily favor the Patriots.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-14-2018, 05:30 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Defense better do his job against Brady. It was terrible today.

Don't worry about it. Part of it was Ben Ben hit two hail Mary's on 4th down. Or was it three? We manage to shut down the run game somewhat which is what I think they were concentrating on.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Jags are +9.5 underdogs in Vegas.

Very similar to the 49ers. Let's hope the outcome is way different.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Congrats to the Jags & their fans. Loved seeing the Steelers smoked at home.

I give the Jags a good chance of winning next week. This will be the Pats toughest game of the year.

I hosted a bunch of Jag fans at the 2007 AFCCG at Gillette. Great tailgate, great group of people. Had to have been over 30 with us.

(01-14-2018, 05:30 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Defense better do his job against Brady. It was terrible today.

Terrible?  Come on man those were all world throws and all world catches.  Take nothing away from the Jaguars win today, they earned it 100%.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Defense was fine to me. It took 3 Hail Marys on 4th down to still lose by three. If that’s what you need to compete against this defense I’ll take that all day long

(01-14-2018, 07:35 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Defense was fine to me. It took 3 Hail Marys on 4th down to still lose by three. If that’s what you need to compete against this defense I’ll take that all day long
Hail Marys and 1 handed catches.

[BLEEP] the Patriots.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

tb has never faced a defense like this.....and the Jags love taking on one man teams
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(01-14-2018, 07:56 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: tb has never faced a defense like this.....and the Jags love taking on one man teams

Yeah he has, SB 42 and Super Bowl 46.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If our D is on, I think we at least have a shot to beat anyone. Including the Pats.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 11:52 PM by Cmdjr85.)

(01-14-2018, 01:00 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Our defense matches up perfectly with the Patriots.

Brady is and always will be a dink and dunk QB. No way those incompetent WRs can get open on our CBs and our safeties and LBs are big enough and fast enough to cover their TEs.

I think they could easily hold the Patriots to 10.

They are pretty solid for being as you say "incompetent"

(01-14-2018, 11:48 AM)Kotite Wrote: Someone need to get this guy the number to Trolls Anonymous. 

How miserable a fan do you have to be to go to 7 straight AFC Championship games and still feel the need to go to opposing team's message boards to simply troll. I think the fact we have Coughlin who twice beat his "unbeatable" squad makes us a prime target.just

How about you just enjoy the easy win your team had last night and try to find anything in life that can provide a hint of joy and happiness. Or.. you can kindly [BLEEP] off. No class whatsoever.

The 2011 team was not unbeatable in fact they had one of the worst pass defenses in league history. The defense they had that year was a bunch of players outside wilfork who wouldnt start ona any other team. The also lost their best skill player in gronkowski to a high ankle sprain.

(01-14-2018, 09:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 07:56 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: tb has never faced a defense like this.....and the Jags love taking on one man teams

Yeah he has, SB 42 and Super Bowl 46.

Brady has seen defenses that where better than jacksonville. He played a pass defense is 2009 that was alot better than the one the jags have. Holding opposing passers to a a sub 60 passer rating on a season is the signs of a great pass d. Also he hasnt forgotten how to play the game. He has practiced against one of the best pass defenses in the hiatory of the league in the 2003 patriots. So please dont spit false stuff out. Also the 2007 and 11 giants defenses are not even ranked as the top units in the league those years