Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles

(01-14-2018, 08:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 06:16 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: We only had 1 Defensive Touchdown.  You don't even know what you're talking about, so get out of here.  Enough of the but this and but that, we won.  This is a big boy's league, and every win is extremely difficult to come by.  On to Foxboro!  Go Jags!

Geez, what's with the hostility? Did you have a rough time at Junior High this week. I admitted I made a mistake about the defensive TD. It was a typo. Calm down. Did I say it wasn't a hard fought win? No, I didn't. Of course every win is hard to come by and I'm very proud of this team. I was simply pointing out that this does not secure Bortles as our QB of the future. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
In reality, I think it does secure him. Flacco got signed based solely on the SB run. 

He has won 2 playoff games with potential for me. Give the man ARob and a playmaking TE and then who knows. But winning in the playoffs is hard to do and he did it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

allthough the long passes hurt us for TD. what killed us was the dink and dunk checkdowns to slot and tes and rbs. And brady is the king of that amendla is more of a problem then gronk.

Photo 

Blake Bortles at Heinz Field: pic.twitter.com/c5Sjr373YT
— Kevin Clark (@bykevinclark) January 14, 2018

One thing is for certain regarding Blake,He'll make at LEAST $19 mil next year.He was sooo clutch today.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 08:45 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-14-2018, 06:29 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 05:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Listen, I'm ecstatic that we won, but we needed 2 defensive TD's, a huge first half by Fournette and two very dumb play calls by the Steelers (a pass on 4th and short and the onside kick), to win this game. Things lined up beautifully for us. The fact is, Bortles was still under 60% completions for the game a was wildly erratic at times. He didn't turn the ball over and made a couple key plays, but no matter how you look at it,  he's still the weak link on a very, very talented team. Let's not get crazy. I LOVE that we beat the Steelers,  but I'm still cautious about this team going forward.

You're not being fair to Bortles. Obviously, you'd like to see the Jaguars draft Rudolph or Mayfield in the 1st round of the draft and Bortles' performance today makes it very unlikely that this will happen. He had a QBR rating of 94 and didn't turn the ball over. He also made some big throws when the team needed it most. No one will ever call Blake a great quarterback, but the team has won 12 games this season with him as their quarterback. He has significantly improved his ability to take care of the ball and his toughness and durability cannot be questioned. 
Your username could not be more accurate. When the Jags offensive line opens up holes and protects Blake like they did today, this team is tough to beat. Rather than drafting the 4th or 5th rated quarterback at the end of round 1, this team needs to continue to strengthen the line. Imagine Will Hernandez blocking for Fournette. Adding him and a tight end in the 2nd will make this offense hard to defend, especially with the return of AROB. They can still get a developmental quarterback in the 3rd round- maybe even Ferguson from Memphis.

Obviously I still want to trade up and draft a QB and then get an OG and a TE. I don't think today changes our draft plans at all. Yes, Bortles had some good throws, but he was also wildly erratic as well. I don't just wanna win a Superbowl this year, I wanna build a dynasty for years to come, like the Pats have had. I believe we can do that, but we have to upgrade the QB. I personally, don't see any "developmental" QB's in this draft. Outside of Rosen, Mayfield or Rudolph, I'd rather not waste a pick on a QB at all. The more I watch Ferguson's tape, the more skeptical I am of him. I'd still put him and Darnold in the "maybe" category, but both are gonna go so high, (Darnold high 1st, Ferguson 2nd or 3rd) that I think that's to much of a risk to waste a draft pick on a guy, I don't think can be a starter. I don't look at drafting Rosen, Mayfield or Rudolph as drafting the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft. To me, they are the top 3 guys. Taking a QB in round 1, will not hinder us from upgrading the O-Line or TE either. This is a fairly deep draft at both positions. I would not re-sign ARob at all. I like the young guys we have and this is an incredibly deep draft at WR. No need to overpay for an inconsistent WR coming off a major knee injury.

(01-14-2018, 07:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 05:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Listen, I'm ecstatic that we won, but we needed 2 defensive TD's, a huge first half by Fournette and two very dumb play calls by the Steelers (a pass on 4th and short and the onside kick), to win this game. Things lined up beautifully for us. The fact is, Bortles was still under 60% completions for the game a was wildly erratic at times. He didn't turn the ball over and made a couple key plays, but no matter how you look at it,  he's still the weak link on a very, very talented team. Let's not get crazy. I LOVE that we beat the Steelers,  but I'm still cautious about this team going forward.

you suck.

Yer mama.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 08:48 PM by atburg.)

(01-14-2018, 08:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 06:29 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: You're not being fair to Bortles. Obviously, you'd like to see the Jaguars draft Rudolph or Mayfield in the 1st round of the draft and Bortles' performance today makes it very unlikely that this will happen. He had a QBR rating of 94 and didn't turn the ball over. He also made some big throws when the team needed it most. No one will ever call Blake a great quarterback, but the team has won 12 games this season with him as their quarterback. He has significantly improved his ability to take care of the ball and his toughness and durability cannot be questioned. 
Your username could not be more accurate. When the Jags offensive line opens up holes and protects Blake like they did today, this team is tough to beat. Rather than drafting the 4th or 5th rated quarterback at the end of round 1, this team needs to continue to strengthen the line. Imagine Will Hernandez blocking for Fournette. Adding him and a tight end in the 2nd will make this offense hard to defend, especially with the return of AROB. They can still get a developmental quarterback in the 3rd round- maybe even Ferguson from Memphis.

Obviously I still want to trade up and draft a QB and then get an OG and a TE. I don't think today changes our draft plans at all. Yes, Bortles had some good throws, but he was also wildly erratic as well. I don't just wanna win a Superbowl this year, I wanna build a dynasty for years to come, like the Pats have had. I believe we can do that, but we have to upgrade the QB. I personally, don't see any "developmental" QB's in this draft. Outside of Rosen, Mayfield or Rudolph, I'd rather not waste a pick on a QB at all. The more I watch Ferguson's tape, the more skeptical I am of him. I'd still put him and Darnold in the "maybe" category, but both are gonna go so high, (Darnold high 1st, Ferguson 2nd or 3rd) that I think that's to much of a risk to waste a draft pick on a guy, I don't think can be a starter. I don't look at drafting Rosen, Mayfield or Rudolph as drafting the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft. To me, they are the top 3 guys. Taking a QB in round 1, will not hinder us from upgrading the O-Line or TE either. This is a fairly deep draft at both positions. I would not re-sign ARob at all. I like the young guys we have and this is an incredibly deep draft at WR. No need to overpay for an inconsistent WR coming off a major knee injury.

(01-14-2018, 07:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote: you suck.

Yer mama.

I will take a championship this year! Worry about a dynasty later. Blake owned the fourth quarter, when it mattered the most!

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 08:51 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-14-2018, 08:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 08:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Geez, what's with the hostility? Did you have a rough time at Junior High this week. I admitted I made a mistake about the defensive TD. It was a typo. Calm down. Did I say it wasn't a hard fought win? No, I didn't. Of course every win is hard to come by and I'm very proud of this team. I was simply pointing out that this does not secure Bortles as our QB of the future. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
In reality, I think it does secure him. Flacco got signed based solely on the SB run. 

He has won 2 playoff games with potential for me. Give the man ARob and a playmaking TE and then who knows. But winning in the playoffs is hard to do and he did it.

And what has he done since? We should learn from the Ravens mistake. I don't want ARob. We'd overpay for an inconsistent WR coming off major knee injury.

(01-14-2018, 08:31 PM)jagboss Wrote: One thing is for certain regarding Blake,He'll make at LEAST $19 mil next year.He was sooo clutch today.

This part is probably true. Bortles will in reality probably be here in 2018. I'm not disputing that.

(01-14-2018, 08:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 08:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: In reality, I think it does secure him. Flacco got signed based solely on the SB run. 

And what has he done since? We should learn from the Ravens mistake. I don't want ARob. We'd overpay for an inconsistent WR coming off major knee injury.

And I thought I'd drunk too much.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-14-2018, 08:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: In reality, I think it does secure him. Flacco got signed based solely on the SB run. 

(01-14-2018, 08:31 PM)jagboss Wrote: One thing is for certain regarding Blake,He'll make at LEAST $19 mil next year.He was sooo clutch today.

This part is probably true. Bortles will in reality probably be here in 2018. I'm not disputing that.

What stupid [BLEEP] time to even talk about this.  Good lord.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

And what has he done since? We should learn from the Ravens mistake. I don't want ARob. We'd overpay for an inconsistent WR coming off major knee Injury

Well you just lost any credibility you had.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Blakehas proven enough to me. He’s our guy going forward. I’m fine with drafting a guy around the third or fourth round but we need to get him weapons and more blockers. He’s our guy

(01-14-2018, 09:00 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 08:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And what has he done since? We should learn from the Ravens mistake. I don't want ARob. We'd overpay for an inconsistent WR coming off major knee injury.

What stupid [BLEEP] time to even talk about this.  Good lord.

[Image: 3f4.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Blake has played with three rookies this year - Westbrook, Cole and Robinson at LT. He's missing his best receiver.

(01-14-2018, 09:23 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Blake has played with three rookies this year - Westbrook, Cole and Robinson at LT. He's missing his best receiver.

And his RB too.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 09:28 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-14-2018, 09:01 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 08:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And what has he done since? We should learn from the Ravens mistake. I don't want ARob. We'd overpay for an inconsistent WR coming off major knee Injury

Well you just lost any credibility you had.

I can't understand why anybody would want to add to our cap figure by re-signing him. He's coming off a serious knee injury.

(01-14-2018, 09:02 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Blakehas proven enough to me. He’s our guy going forward. I’m fine with drafting a guy around the third or fourth round but we need to get him weapons and more blockers. He’s our guy

[Image: AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgvAAAAJGFmMGIwZjQ4LTI0NzQt...YTg0Ng.jpg]

And think about what Blake played with last year. The guy who was suppose to have his back was Luke Joeckle (sp). He had no stud running back. The offensive line really was a mess. And he had Gus Bradley as a head coach.

Also - another stat. Remember all of those 'franchise' QBs drafted in 2014? (Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles)? Bortles is the first and only one to win a playoff game.

No young QB drafted in the last four years (and I'm including Mariota and Winston) has taken his team to conference championship.

(01-14-2018, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:01 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Well you just lost any credibility you had.

I can't understand why anybody would want to add to our cap figure by re-signing him. He's coming off a serious knee injury.

(01-14-2018, 09:02 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Blakehas proven enough to me. He’s our guy going forward. I’m fine with drafting a guy around the third or fourth round but we need to get him weapons and more blockers. He’s our guy

[Image: AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgvAAAAJGFmMGIwZjQ4LTI0NzQt...YTg0Ng.jpg]

We are playing in the AFC Title Game next week, this team has already EXCEEDED mediocrity. This team is slurping success and you don't seem equipped to handle it.

(01-14-2018, 09:32 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: And think about what Blake played with last year.  The guy who was suppose to have his back was Luke Joeckle (sp).  He had no stud running back. The offensive line really was a mess. And he had Gus Bradley as a head coach.

Also - another stat.  Remember all of those 'franchise' QBs drafted in 2014? (Bridgewater, Carr, Bortles)?  Bortles is the first and only one to win a playoff game.

No young QB drafted in the last four years (and I'm including Mariota and Winston) has taken his team to conference championship.

That's crazy.....first of the "young gun" QBs to take his team to conference title game.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I think you'll see a totally different defensive gameplan against the Pats. Brady will try to beat them with short passes and their 3-headed RB. You will see a lot more stunts and blitzes. Gotta get Brady on the ground.

(01-14-2018, 10:36 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I think you'll see a totally different defensive gameplan against the Pats.  Brady will try to beat them with short passes and their 3-headed RB.  You will see a lot more stunts and blitzes.  Gotta get Brady on the ground.

Thinking too one dimensionally. Pats expect us to try and stop the dink and dunk, which means they will try and throw it mid field or go run heavy. I dont know how you outscheme the pats, but im sure Tom will be heavily involved.