Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WE DID IT!!!!!!

(01-14-2018, 05:54 PM)Russian Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 05:41 PM)hb1148 Wrote: For you younger/newer fans, this is a sample of what 96, 99, and 07 felt like. Enjoy it!

I didnt follow football in the 90s, and this feels way better to me than 07 did. Especially after all these years of sucking.

It just seems that way because we haven't experienced it in a while. Beating the Steelers in 07 was SCHWEEEET!  But so is this and I think we were bigger underdogs this time even though we'd previously beaten them in both years.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I hope our Offense can keep up the good work, cause Brady will be shredding us also.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Ain’t no Heinz Field that’s just our Everbank winter home

(01-14-2018, 06:10 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 05:54 PM)Russian Wrote: I didnt follow football in the 90s, and this feels way better to me than 07 did. Especially after all these years of sucking.

It just seems that way because we haven't experienced it in a while. Beating the Steelers in 07 was SCHWEEEET!  But so is this and I think we were bigger underdogs this time even though we'd previously beaten them in both years.

Oh it was, no way was Garrard going to win in Pittsburgh. And our D bullied them all evening.

When Mathis had the pick I went absolutely mental!

(01-14-2018, 06:01 PM)Tuxedo Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 05:59 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Today will be know as: The Heinz Field Heist - the day we stole the AFC Championship appearance from the Steelers!

We didn't steal this game, we earned it.

Ya we did, according to the Steelers they are already in the AFC Championship game, remember?

Yannick going to throw Brady off the cliff next week!!

Pittsburgh have the best O in football, so many weapons, Bell, Brown, Smith-Schuster, Bryant, James. And they are really aggressive.

The Pats are more technical, they have smaller more route running receivers, Gronk is the main nightmare. Maybe use Telvin or Jack but the Pats will try and nulify our D line with screen to White but he isn't Bell. The Pats won't go deep on us as much.

Weve got a real chance. The zebras are my biggest worry. Tuck Rule 2.0

To pull a quote from Halo 2:

There are those that said this day would never come......what have they to say now?

What an exhausting game to watch...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-14-2018, 06:22 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 06:01 PM)Tuxedo Wrote: We didn't steal this game, we earned it.

Ya we did, according to the Steelers they are already in the AFC Championship game, remember?

They and their fans pulled the same number on us back in 1994, except that it was the Super Bowl that they assumed that they were headed for.......

Hey all! Lifelong Steelers fan of 30 years here. You guys earned it, congratulations. I really hope you guys beat the Pats!

Good luck next week and beyond!

-Nieco

(01-14-2018, 09:51 PM)nieco36 Wrote: Hey all! Lifelong Steelers fan of 30 years here. You guys earned it, congratulations. I really hope you guys beat the Pats!

-Nieco

Thanks and good to see Steeler fans are so much more classy than Bills fans!

I'm still trying to take it all in. This seems like a dream.

If so, don't wake me up.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-14-2018, 09:55 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:51 PM)nieco36 Wrote: Hey all! Lifelong Steelers fan of 30 years here. You guys earned it, congratulations. I really hope you guys beat the Pats!

-Nieco

Thanks and good to see Steeler fans are so much more classy than Bills fans!

From my experience on the internet, they're not. Tongue.

(01-14-2018, 09:59 PM)nieco36 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:55 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Thanks and good to see Steeler fans are so much more classy than Bills fans!

From my experience on the internet, they're not. Tongue.

Maybe. At least the Steelers have *some* classy fans. Dunno if I can say the same about the brain damaged turnips that are the Bills Mafia.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 10:08 PM by nieco36.)

(01-14-2018, 10:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:59 PM)nieco36 Wrote: From my experience on the internet, they're not. Tongue.

Maybe. At least the Steelers have *some* classy fans. Dunno if I can say the same about the brain damaged turnips that are the Bills Mafia.

Haha, no disrespect to them, but maybe it's easier for me to stomach a playoff loss. I've been blessed to be able to watch my team win 2 super bowls in my life time. Many have lived and died and not had that luxury.

(01-14-2018, 10:08 PM)nieco36 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 10:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Maybe. At least the Steelers have *some* classy fans. Dunno if I can say the same about the brain damaged turnips that are the Bills Mafia.

Haha, no disrespect to them, but maybe it's easier for me to stomach a playoff loss. I've been blessed to be able to watch my team win 2 super bowls in my life time. Many have lived and died and not had that luxury.

Four Super Bowl losses in a row would probably make anyone insane.

Sacramento CA Jags fans with family here screaming happy for the Jags. Now Go beat em Patriots!

Much respect thanks.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

And the Jags did do it....ironic since in the pregame on Channel 47 David Garrard, who beat them 10 years ago and is a former back up for baby ben, had the balls to pick a squealer win. SHAME!
He said "I'll have my Jags gear on and will be pulling for them....but I think its going to be squealers."
Brett,Dan and the others picked the Jags.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2018, 07:05 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

(01-14-2018, 05:42 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 05:41 PM)hb1148 Wrote: For you younger/newer fans, this is a sample of what 96, 99, and 07 felt like. Enjoy it!

I was 8 in 96. I faintly knew who the Jags were.

So was I. I was still cheering my bony butt off.

I still remember this show though. I won't be on cloud 9 until we're hoisting the Lamar Hunt trophy.
No pain, no gain.