Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oh Jalen, tell me you didn't...

(01-15-2018, 03:39 PM)BostonBlackie Wrote: Not the smartest thing for a DB to say.  Brady has been known to throw at a DB who talked trash, score on him,  then run all the way down the field and get in his face.

Brady can run?  What decade was that?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 03:43 PM by JagsorDie.)

(01-15-2018, 03:39 PM)BostonBlackie Wrote: Not the smartest thing for a DB to say.  Brady has been known to throw at a DB who talked trash, score on him,  then run all the way down the field and get in his face.

I don't think either one is afraid. It will be exciting. And I highly doubt Brady will chase down Ramsey after a pick6.

(01-15-2018, 03:41 PM)Rico Wrote:

Brady can run?  What decade was that?

Still trying to figure that out myself.

You people are barking up the wrong tree....You played 6 games against Tenn, Houston and Indy.

Uhh... what? Since when does Brady been known to do that?

(01-15-2018, 03:44 PM)TyLawsPick6 Wrote: You people are barking up the wrong tree....You played 6 games against Tenn, Houston and Indy.

What the heck does this even mean? That we suck because they do?

We are not here because of anything other than we outplayed the majority of our opponents. We did so with a WR corps that was thinned out which necessitated using rookie WR's and a guy we had to sign off the PS, a rookie RB who is a beast but has also been injured and missed games, a craptastic kicker we had to replace mid-season, an offensive line that doesn't play as well as it can, and a QB who is as erratic as Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde. 

Did we lose games we should have won? Absolutely. And to crappy teams at that. But we won against really good ones. 

So yeah, whatever.

(01-15-2018, 03:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

I forgot the game or even the team involved but remember reading about it. Defensive back provided some bulletin material and Brady responded with a Touchdown throw to Randy Moss directly at the DB and literally ran down the field and to have a "boo-ya" moment right in the guy's face.

Ok, I get the the bills fans came in here talking [BLEEP]. They haven’t made the playoffs in forever and were, I want to say drunk, but I’ll go with excited. But fans of a perennial playoff/super bowl team? Really, what are you trying to prove? The Jags are underdogs? No [BLEEP]. Brady, BB, Patriots have done this that or whatever? Yeah, we’ve heard. We’ve heard it for years. Tired of hearing about it. You’re not worried about the Jags. Ok. Great. You’d think winning every year would make for classy fans when playing such underdogs.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 06:46 PM by BostonBlackie.)

(01-15-2018, 04:18 PM)Jags Wrote: Ok, I get the the bills fans came in here talking [BLEEP].  They haven’t made the playoffs in forever and were, I want to say drunk, but I’ll go with excited.  But fans of a perennial playoff/super bowl team?  Really, what are you trying to prove? The Jags are underdogs? No [BLEEP].  Brady, BB, Patriots have done this that or whatever?  Yeah, we’ve heard.  We’ve heard it for years.  Tired of hearing about it. You’re not worried about the Jags.  Ok.  Great.  You’d think winning every year would make for classy fans when playing such underdogs.

Not at all. I just said that wasn't the smartest thing for a DB to say knowing Brady's history. I didn't say anything about the Jaguars, or beating them, or their fans, or Ramsey as a player, or anything else. This thread is, after all, about what Jalen Ramsey said.

The Pats don't have a problem with it. You won't see them talking much, but both teams are going into the game extremely confident, and they should be. They are the two best teams in the AFC.
https://nesn.com/2018/01/patriots-respon...confident/

(01-15-2018, 06:58 PM)jjgator Wrote: The Pats don't have a problem with it. You won't see them talking much, but both teams are going into the game extremely confident, and they should be. They are the two best teams in the AFC.
https://nesn.com/2018/01/patriots-respon...confident/

And that's exactly what Matthew Slater should say. Good for him.

(01-15-2018, 01:39 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: I think that if you want to keep everything "business" like the Patriots... you shouldn't have a post game pep rally at your home stadium and give the players the microphone... we were kinda asking for it.

I disagree.  The team has proven to be VERY business like in approaching each game, and that won't change this week for the Pats.  Playing it up for the fans isn't going to hurt anything, and yes, we were kinda asking for it.  This city has wanted to embrace this team fully for several years, and last night pretty much sealed the deal.  That "post game pep rally" shows the fans are there and hungry for another win, and the players fed into that big time.  What's funny is that they spoke, and then immediately headed to the locker room.  The coach was practically on the heels of Coughlin getting into the stadium to review film and getting started on New England.  Nobody is taking anything lightly, that's for sure.  They recognize the challenge ahead of them, and they're preparing.  That doesn't mean they're not entitled to have a moment with the fans to relish where they are right now.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 07:30 PM by jjgator.)

(01-15-2018, 07:16 PM)FBT Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 01:39 PM)brianmsbc Wrote: I think that if you want to keep everything "business" like the Patriots... you shouldn't have a post game pep rally at your home stadium and give the players the microphone... we were kinda asking for it.

I disagree.  The team has proven to be VERY business like in approaching each game, and that won't change this week for the Pats.  Playing it up for the fans isn't going to hurt anything, and yes, we were kinda asking for it.  This city has wanted to embrace this team fully for several years, and last night pretty much sealed the deal.  That "post game pep rally" shows the fans are there and hungry for another win, and the players fed into that big time.  What's funny is that they spoke, and then immediately headed to the locker room.  The coach was practically on the heels of Coughlin getting into the stadium to review film and getting started on New England.  Nobody is taking anything lightly, that's for sure.  They recognize the challenge ahead of them, and they're preparing.  That doesn't mean they're not entitled to have a moment with the fans to relish where they are right now.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with it. They were just hyping up the crowd; it's been a long time since Jags fans had something to be excited about. It wasn't meant to disrespect the Pats. Some of the stuff the squealers said I think were meant to disrespect us.

(01-15-2018, 03:44 PM)TyLawsPick6 Wrote: You people are barking up the wrong tree....You played 6 games against Tenn, Houston and Indy.

the jaguars just beat a team the patriots lost too
GO Jaguars
;

None of that's going to happen.  Ramsey isn't talking trash, first of all.  Brady is more than welcome to throw his way, and he might even score, but without the aid of a walker, i doubt he's going to be running down and getting in anyone's face, especially knowing he has to get back under center and face that defensive line after the fact.  If he's not crippled already, he will be after that.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 08:01 PM by jagherd.)

(01-15-2018, 03:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

I remember exactly what he's talking about.

It wasn't too long ago either. A Steelers DB was saying how the Pats were easy to shut down and they were gonna completely shut down Brady if he tried them (actually, most of the Steelers defense was in on it, IIRC).

When they played, Brady made it a point to attack right at them. He absolutely torched them. And, yes, he did run to the big mouth DB after he just threw a TD on him and got in his face about it.

I recall it well.

The talking heads in the media really went on about it. You know the NFL,, they were pumping up that narrative to sell it just like the "WWE" (as Pirkster used to say).

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 09:16 PM by BostonBlackie.)

(01-15-2018, 07:34 PM)FBT Wrote: .......................... but without the aid of a walker, i doubt he's going to be running down and getting in anyone's face, ............................. If he's not crippled already, he will be after that.

"Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."