Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Republicans committing voter fraud - CONFIRMED

Quote:I'm glad I moved from Florida, as there's a good chance my signature wouldn't match.

I hope you never become the victim of ID thief, you'd never be able to prove it wasn't you.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I hope you never become the victim of ID thief, you'd never be able to prove it wasn't you.

Never encountered a problem and I've been victimized. I was never asked for a signature to clear it up.

My point is my signature is not verifiable, and the same holds true for my grandmother, who is legally blind. Her signature varies quite a bit. What about someone whose arm was amputated after he registered to vote. Considering the number of elderly and veterans in Florida, these may not be rare circumstances.

My question is why does the State of Florida contact voters who have no signature but not those with unmatched signatures.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Never encountered a problem and I've been victimized. I was never asked for a signature to clear it up.

My point is my signature is not verifiable, and the same holds true for my grandmother, who is legally blind. Her signature varies quite a bit. What about someone whose arm was amputated after he registered to vote. Considering the number of elderly and veterans in Florida, these may not be rare circumstances.

My question is why does the State of Florida contact voters who have no signature but not those with unmatched signatures.
Florida Statute 101.661 covers your whole disability rant.

Quote:Match the signatures on their voter registration forms. How often do you sign your name differently?

Does it matter if the signature includes a voter's middle name/initial or something like that?

Quote:Why don't these people vote in person like a regular human?

There are many reasons people are unable to get to their polling places and need to use mail-in ballots.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 12:01 AM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Florida Statute 101.661 covers your whole disability rant.
You call that a rant?

And, no it doesn't. I don't require assistance to vote, nor would anyone I mentioned in my post, and that wasn't even what I was talking about, which is signature verification.

Try to keep up, I know it's hard for Trumpettes when presented with facts.
- Bob Marley

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 12:03 AM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:The problem is that "doesn't match" is highly subjective, as much so as the infamous hanging chad. Voters whose signatures are randomly decided to be non-matching should be contacted and allowed to come in and submit a second vote in person, either before or in the day of the election, or if they're on deployment, be allowed to hand their sealed ballot to their CO for delivery to their local supervisor of elections. Just throwing ballots away is, at the very least, cutting corners in a way that sets a dangerous precedent. At worst? It allows for votes from members of a party that the ballot counter disagrees with the disappear quietly into the trash bin.

What is subjective about signatures not matching?

Quote:What is subjective about signatures not matching? The only way they can not match is two different hands wrote them.

That's not true, especially considering I doubt there are handwriting experts examining the ballots.
- Bob Marley

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 12:39 AM by TJBender.)

Quote:What is subjective about signatures not matching?
Here's one, from experience. Let's assume that five years ago, I signed my license in Colorado. By earlier this year, when I signed my new license in Florida, I'd developed a condition that causes my hands to shake to the point that things like my handwriting are affected. If you were to look at my signature from five years ago and look at the one I have now, you could easily claim that they're different. The only real similarity left is the exaggerated loop at the end. Everything else has gone from semi-legible to, more or less, a squiggly line.

I will freely admit to posting this with the title I did purely as clickbait. Hey, if the Trumpettes get away with it, I might as well spoon feed a bit back to them, right? The point isn't that refusing to count a ballot based upon a signature not matching is by itself vote manipulation. What's wrong is that no effort is made to contact the voter and offer them the opportunity to come down to their local early voting location and submit a ballot in person, or make other arrangements if needed for disability, health reasons, that sort of thing. It opens the door for a massive loophole, one that any reasonably functioning human being could assume Rick Scott was aware of and, perhaps, hoping to take advantage of to "disqualify" a few votes here and there. I mean, come on, it's not like he's the head of a Trump Super PAC and the AG took campaign contributions from the man, right?

Oh, wait.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 12:23 AM by Best84.)

So the discarded votes were they all Dem votes or did they just discard every mismatch signature regardless of who was voted for?

Disabilities is a major reason people can't vote in person. One former coworker told me he did not vote because the polling place was too far away. Another person on the same job said she will vote "if I can get there." They should have just voted absentee, of course, but this highlights the need for mail-in ballots.

Quote:Disabilities is a major reason people can't vote in person. One former coworker told me he did not vote because the polling place was too far away. Another person on the same job said she will vote "if I can get there." They should have just voted absentee, of course, but this highlights the need for mail-in ballots.
...Absentee ballots and mail-in ballots are the same thing.

Quote:...Absentee ballots and mail-in ballots are the same thing.

I know that.

Quote:That's not true, especially considering I doubt there are handwriting experts examining the ballots.

Does it take one to identify different signatures? Why is that the standard you choose for people on a task this easily performed?

I'm confident that they aren't throwing out ballots that look similar with few differences. It also looks like these are from all across Florida, and each county's canvassing board is responsible for each one.

The judge, however, was supposed to decide the issue based on State law. Instead, he interjected personal opinion. State law is clear on the issue, and that is what the judge is obligated to rule from. 

Signatures not matching is apparently more commonplace on Democrat ballots... Interesting.

Quote:Signatures not matching is apparently more commonplace on Democrat ballots... Interesting.

Where does it say they were Democrat ballots?

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 12:36 AM by Best84.)

Quote:You call that a rant?

And, no it doesn't. I don't require assistance to vote, nor would anyone I mentioned in my post, and that wasn't even what I was talking about, which is signature verification.

Try to keep up, I know it's hard for Trumpettes when presented with facts.
Yeah another rant. Blind grandmother, disabled veteran, Stephen Hawking and many more who might not be physically able to produce a consistent signature should refer to 101.661 section 1 and apparently the part you missed section 2. Did I win with facts Dad?

Quote:Here's one, from experience. Let's assume that five years ago, I signed my license in Colorado. By earlier this year, when I signed my new license in Florida, I'd developed a condition that causes my hands to shake to the point that things like my handwriting are affected. If you were to look at my signature from five years ago and look at the one I have now, you could easily claim that they're different. The only real similarity left is the exaggerated loop at the end. Everything else has gone from semi-legible to, more or less, a squiggly line.

I will freely admit to posting this with the title I did purely as clickbait. Hey, if the Trumpettes get away with it, I might as well spoon feed a bit back to them, right? The point isn't that refusing to count a ballot based upon a signature not matching is by itself vote manipulation. What's wrong is that no effort is made to contact the voter and offer them the opportunity to come down to their local early voting location and submit a ballot in person, or make other arrangements if needed for disability, health reasons, that sort of thing. It opens the door for a massive loophole, one that any reasonably functioning human being could assume Rick Scott was aware of and, perhaps, hoping to take advantage of to "disqualify" a few votes here and there. I mean, come on, it's not like he's the head of a Trump Super PAC and the AG took campaign contributions from the man, right?

Oh, wait.

So much paternalism, why don't you offer them some cookies and a blankie too? Anything other than being personally responsible for their voter registration, right?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 08:07 AM by Indy2Jax.)

Quote:So the discarded votes were they all Dem votes or did they just discard every mismatch signature regardless of who was voted for?
So?

Are you saying it ok as long as both parties are covered??

Quote:Signatures not matching is apparently more commonplace on Democrat ballots... Interesting.

There is nothing interesting about that. How is it possible to find a connection between handwriting and political party?