Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Falcons Preseason Game Night Thread***

The one guy Allen from Arkansas put up a way better performance in preseason than weak armed Minshew

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He just called Lambo Scobee again.

This team hasn't had depth since 2007. We had a few high first round picks we hit on recently, a ridiculous stroke of luck in 2016 getting 3 probowl caliber players in a row, and getting top 15 talent OT's for bookends that fell to us in the 2nd round. They used the majority of the salary cap to fill out the rest of the starters but if we're being honest we were still in a rebuild when the stars aligned in 2017 and we had incredible injury luck, even then we didn't have talent in our reserves, we were just fortunate to never have to see how bare the cupboard was back then, and then the injury bug struck and well.. you know the rest
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Minshew gets the ball out and has some good ball placement, guys don't help him at all with the drops and sometimes the defense just makes a good play.
No pain, no gain.

(08-29-2019, 05:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This isn't really a "game" it's an audition.  Pretty much everyone playing tonight will be jobless Saturday morning with perhaps a few ending up on the practice squad on Monday.  I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet that the final 53 have already been decided on and we won't see any of them tonight.

Vic Ketchman confirmed this. When a reader asked why they wait so long to make the cuts, his response was along the lines of 'who else will the 53 scrimmage with in camp'.

hope we never see this officiating crew in the regular season... YIKES
No pain, no gain.

Remember when allen and Dede had the intermediate and deep ball going in preseason. Minshew cant even throw with zip beyond 7 yards.

That look from Maroone... Lol... He knows

What is this? Lol.
No pain, no gain.

In my humble opinion, Bryan should be doing more against this level of competition.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 08:10 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

At what point do you seriously question the scouting/FO/coaching? That seat should be plenty warm.
No pain, no gain.

p u

Taven Bryan just flashed 3 plays in a row...

1st play closes the gap on the scrambling qb
2nd play, pushes his man to the ground and gets across the gap to bounce the play inside to the LB for the stop
3rd play, busts through the line and makes the tackle for a loss

I see the physical gifts and the motor, it's just a damn shame he may need a brain transplant.
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

On the touchdown... kind of weird to see our DT Taven Bryan dropping back in coverage on a 3rd down. What kind of play design is that lol?

Lol, 19 drop, you got to go, Bortles of wr. Unnatural catcher

Yea Tyre Brady is playing himself off the practice squad. Tre McBride has consistently showed up, I hope he sticks around
Championship Formula:

4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(08-29-2019, 08:09 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: At what point do you seriously question the scouting/FO/coaching? That seat should be plenty warm.

I know, the season is lost!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-29-2019, 08:10 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: On the touchdown... kind of weird to see our DT Taven Bryan dropping back in coverage on a 3rd down. What kind of play design is that lol?

Probably to spy the QB that we have made to look like Mike Vick.
No pain, no gain.

Yeah, he looked out of place on that play, for sure. He was never going to catch that QB if he scrambled. Also, I disagree about him "flashing." The second down play was nice, but he was moving parallel to the line of scrimmage on a stunt play, if I recall, and the rb just happened to run his way. Glad he made the tackle, but he wasn't beating his man on that play. He is literally playing against people that should be fighting for a roster spot and he's not shining. Compare that to Allen. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does well, but I'm just starting to sour on the dude.

As far as the rest of our team, we do lack depth, but it's been hard to gauge our talent this preseason. The 2's have played against a lot of ones, and the ones have barely played. Most of the guys we're watching shouldn't make the team. It only bothers me when I see Bryan playing against these dudes and not making a noticeable impact.

garbo punting.
No pain, no gain.