Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gary Johnson: "I guess I'm having another Aleppo moment"

https://youtu.be/ZnARyWQWnkg

This was his reponse to reactions like these to his comments on foreign leaders and Aleppo.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:At least all of the adults agree.

That's cute.

Quote:The libertarian party has squandered a great opportunity this election cycle. (Hanging head in shame)

It not too late. A good 3rd party candidate still has time to jump in and steal the election.

How many times have you heard "Well I have to vote for trump/Clinton because I really can't let Climton/trump win"? People are effectively voting against candidates -- not for them.

shrug guess I'll just write in Anarchy...............

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Here we go again... the guy doesn't know his elbow from his [BAD WORD REMOVED].  He could't name one foreign leader he admires.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/us/pol...oment.html

It's funny, when I saw this, I tried and failed to name a foreign leader.   But of course if you name Angela Merkel, Justin Trudeau, Teresa May, I know all those people very well, I've read about them, I've watched them on the news, but if suddenly pressed, all those names escape me.  

It's really easy to have a brain fart like that.   I'm not sure what it proves. 

Lack of preparation even after people don't take you seriously?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:The libertarian party has squandered a great opportunity this election cycle.  (Hanging head in shame)

Unfortunately, of the two Libertarian candidates on the ticket, they got the wrong one at the top.

Still...my man...

[Image: 13716221_10157090431230167_6103309584698...e=58600227]

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:the guy comes off to me as... dumb. just dumb. like really just stupid.

You should know...  You're voting for trump!  

BOO YA!!!

Quote:Unfortunately, of the two Libertarian candidates on the ticket, they got the wrong one at the top.

Still...my man...

[Image: 13716221_10157090431230167_6103309584698...e=58600227]

The VP nominee endorsed Hillary and called her the most qualified yesterday!

You can't make this stuff up.

Quote:shrug guess I'll just write in Anarchy...............

Close, it's spelled Anchorman, The_

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2016, 05:23 PM by badger.)

Quote:You should know... You're voting for trump!

BOO YA!!!
Trump comes off as arrogant. Completely different. Id rather have arrogance than stupidity. Gary Johnson would get abused as President. People would walk all over him.

Quote:Trump comes off as arrogant. Completely different. Id rather have arrogance than stupidity. Gary Johnson would get abused as President. People would walk all over him.

No, he comes off as stupid and uniformed as well...

Trump got abused by bringing up a miss universe contestant last week. Lets not sit here and try to fool ourselves that trump is a member of mensa. He's a fool that gets unhinged at the slightest attack on him.

So, other than the misleading headline...what was in his actual quotes was he wrong about, again?

Quote:So, other than the misleading headline...what was in his actual quotes was he wrong about, again?

“You know what? The fact that somebody can dot the i’s and cross the t’s on a foreign leader’s geographic location then allows them to put our military in harm’s way,” Johnson told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell.

It isn't that he is wrong, but that the statement is objectively stupid.

If you watched the video, that is certainly not all he said, and he goes on to extrapolate his point that our foreign policy has been destructive. He's not trying to convince people that knowledge of the world empowers them to act foolishly, and therefore we shouldn't have knowledge of the world. That's just the media trying to discredit him.

Here's his official position, if anyone is interested in reading it.

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/gary...974?page=3

Quote:If you watched the video, that is certainly not all he said, and he goes on to extrapolate his point that our foreign policy has been destructive. He's not trying to convince people that knowledge of the world empowers them to act foolishly, and therefore we shouldn't have knowledge of the world. That's just the media trying to discredit him.

Here's his official position, if anyone is interested in reading it.

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/gary...974?page=3

Thank you...

Here's a quote from Johnson's position (bear in mind that Bernie Sanders supporters would completely agree with this statement):

The notion that we will someday celebrate V-I Day, Victory over ISIS, is both naive and misleading. It won’t happen. What must, and I believe, will, happen is that we focus our resources on isolating the extremists, containing them, and starving them of the funds and support they must have to mount large-scale attacks. Tens of thousands of boots on the ground won’t do it. Dropping bombs on the other side of the globe won’t do it. And pretending that some military-style Global War on Terror will bring about a clear victory is not realistic.

Can't post it.. but the meme of Johnson with a confused look and the caption "What is (that feline word Trump said)?" was friggin' epic.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Can't post it.. but the meme of Johnson with a confused look and the caption "What is (that feline word Trump said)?" was friggin' epic.

Though funny, he's actually called Trump that in the past, so I doubt he'd be confused.

Still the head and shoulders best candidate on the ballot.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato