Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Combine thoughts and observations

(02-28-2020, 10:59 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 10:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, you always think that.  Bolles, Ramszyk, and Cam all fell past 20 a few years ago when people all thought they were going earlier.  Why I said though if there is a run I would look into jumping Miami to get one of those top 4

Dillard went 22 last year and Taylor fell to the 2nd.  You didnt think those guys would be there last year either

Not the same at all. Bolles and Dillard were late fast risers and went where they were expected to. Taylor and Cam had glaring red flags. And Ramszyk was awesome but RT only.

These guys are all already way up there and at least as of now don't have any real major red flags. Well see with the 3 cone and SS I do worry about Thomas and a little bit Wirfs.

Lol, hindsight 20/20 is always fun.  Late rise doesn't mean anything really.  Eric Fisher was a late riser and he went 1st over all.  All those guys were high prospects just like in this years draft.  A lot of mocks have 1 tackle in the top 10 at most.  There is always a late riser that will push 1 or 2 guys in the top 20.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020, 11:14 AM by Caldrac.)

(02-28-2020, 11:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 10:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Mims would be a steal in RD3. Also. Looks like Harrison Bryant is increasing his value. Per Chad Reuter, one of the winners yesterday at the combine.

Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic: Bryant not only ran well (4.73 40), but he was the most consistently smooth mover during the various position drills, just besting Dayton's Adam Trautman (4.80 40, 6.78 three-cone) for this spot. He adjusted to throws all around him, snatching the ball with strong hands, while also moving quickly around cones with impressive footwork. Bryant also was one of the few tight ends to push the blocking sled, staying low and moving his feet while others pushed the sled upward and failed to generate movement.

I wanted to see him block a bit. So that's good to see he's pushing the sled at his size.

Yeah, I'd take Bryant over any of them WRs

I'd take Bryant in RD3. WR wise it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they took Jeudy, Ruggs or Higgins in RD1. Whether that's with the 9th or 20th overall selection I am not sure. But any one of those guys would be great compliments to Chark and another tool for Minshew to use. 

I really, really like Mims though. And he may not be there in RD3. He would probably end up being a nice consolation prize though in RD2 if they end up addressing the defensive issues on opening night. This is a draft class though where I would honestly prefer to see them trade down from that 20th pick on opening night. 

There's more value to be had in RD2 & RD3 IMHO.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020, 11:22 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-28-2020, 11:13 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 11:00 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, I'd take Bryant over any of them WRs

I'd take Bryant in RD3. WR wise it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they took Jeudy, Ruggs or Higgins in RD1. Whether that's with the 9th or 20th overall selection I am not sure. But any one of those guys would be great compliments to Chark and another tool for Minshew to use. 

I really, really like Mims though. And he may not be there in RD3. He would probably end up being a nice consolation prize though in RD2 if they end up addressing the defensive issues on opening night. This is a draft class though where I would honestly prefer to see them trade down from that 20th pick on opening night. 

You think Bryant will be there in the 3rd?  I think hes gonna be the 1st TE taken.  I wouldn't have any problem taking him in the 2nd depending who all is still on the board of course. I wouldn't take any of the WRs in this draft at 9. Lamb and Jeudy are the only 2 I would consider at 20 depending who is all there once again

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020, 11:26 AM by Andy G.)

(02-28-2020, 08:24 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 08:14 AM)Andy G Wrote: Yeah, I agree, that would be ideal.

Any thoughts or observations on how those players have performed at the combine?
They haven't done drills yet

That's why I thought it was strange you would bring them up in this thread at this point.

Not long to wait though - tomorrow I think.

(02-28-2020, 11:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 11:13 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I'd take Bryant in RD3. WR wise it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they took Jeudy, Ruggs or Higgins in RD1. Whether that's with the 9th or 20th overall selection I am not sure. But any one of those guys would be great compliments to Chark and another tool for Minshew to use. 

You think Bryant will be there in the 3rd?  I think hes gonna be the 1st TE taken.  I wouldn't have any problem taking him in the 2nd depending who all is still on the board of course.  I wouldn't take any of the WRs in this draft at 9.  Lamb and Jeudy are the only 2 I would consider at 20 depending who is all there once again

I think he could be a late RD2 / early RD3 target. He's a good player. I think that kid from Missouri will be going number one now from his position because everybody tends to get mystified by a 4.4 40 at that position. Which is understandable. 

Adam Trautman is another interesting prospect. Him and Harrison Bryant are probably neck and neck for me. But barely. The blocking aspect is important to me. And Bryant has him beat there for the time being. 

I think taking him early in RD2 is reaching. Especially if there's a good offensive lineman or defensive lineman that fell from the opening night. Again. This is why I am hoping like hell that they can trade down with someone from the 20th pick and pick-up a pair of pick's for the 2nd day of the draft and a future pick in next year's draft. 

Would be ideal. Then you can take whomever you want in RD2 without feeling like you've reached.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-28-2020, 11:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 11:20 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You think Bryant will be there in the 3rd?  I think hes gonna be the 1st TE taken.  I wouldn't have any problem taking him in the 2nd depending who all is still on the board of course.  I wouldn't take any of the WRs in this draft at 9.  Lamb and Jeudy are the only 2 I would consider at 20 depending who is all there once again

I think he could be a late RD2 / early RD3 target. He's a good player. I think that kid from Missouri will be going number one now from his position because everybody tends to get mystified by a 4.4 40 at that position. Which is understandable. 

Adam Trautman is another interesting prospect. Him and Harrison Bryant are probably neck and neck for me. But barely. The blocking aspect is important to me. And Bryant has him beat there for the time being. 

I think taking him early in RD2 is reaching. Especially if there's a good offensive lineman or defensive lineman that fell from the opening night. Again. This is why I am hoping like hell that they can trade down with someone from the 20th pick and pick-up a pair of pick's for the 2nd day of the draft and a future pick in next year's draft. 

Would be ideal. Then you can take whomever you want in RD2 without feeling like you've reached.
I dont think Bryant will be a reach at all in the 2nd honestly.  We shall see.

(02-28-2020, 11:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 11:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I think he could be a late RD2 / early RD3 target. He's a good player. I think that kid from Missouri will be going number one now from his position because everybody tends to get mystified by a 4.4 40 at that position. Which is understandable. 

I dont think Bryant will be a reach at all in the 2nd honestly.  We shall see.

He's a good prospect. I just don't think he's as good as Dallas Goedert was though coming out of South Dakota St. 

I could justify taking Bryant early in the 2nd RD with the condition that somehow this team manages to trade down from 20 and they end up securing an additional 2ND RD pick. It really depends on the value left on the board. I just have a feeling though that you're going to see some pretty decent lineman slip to RD2 early after the opening night settles and we really do need to shore up the line play on both sides of the football. 

We'll see. I would be happy. Don't get me wrong. But I would have to see who else is on the board around that time the decision is made. And it also depends on what they do in free agency as well. Too early to tell.

(02-28-2020, 11:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 11:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I dont think Bryant will be a reach at all in the 2nd honestly.  We shall see.

He's a good prospect. I just don't think he's as good as Dallas Goedert was though coming out of South Dakota St. 

I could justify taking Bryant early in the 2nd RD with the condition that somehow this team manages to trade down from 20 and they end up securing an additional 2ND RD pick. It really depends on the value left on the board. I just have a feeling though that you're going to see some pretty decent lineman slip to RD2 early after the opening night settles and we really do need to shore up the line play on both sides of the football. 

We'll see. I would be happy. Don't get me wrong. But I would have to see who else is on the board around that time the decision is made. And it also depends on what they do in free agency as well. Too early to tell.

What lineman would you like in the 2nd that you think might be there?

(02-28-2020, 12:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1233429660077379584?s=20

Was watching that last night and the analyst were saying teams want him as a TE but he wants to be a WR.  I havent seen him block though so i'm confused at why he cant be a good WR and needs to be forced to play TE.  Is there some TE tape from him that im missing.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2020, 01:27 PM by Caldrac.)

(02-28-2020, 12:48 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 12:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1233429660077379584?s=20

Was watching that last night and the analyst were saying teams want him as a TE but he wants to be a WR.  I havent seen him block though so i'm confused at why he cant be a good WR and needs to be forced to play TE.  Is there some TE tape from him that im missing.

I don't recall him ever lining up as a TE for ND. Not sure where any of that's coming from. He fits the mold for an overpowering receiver though that can stretch the field. Nobody looked at D.K Metcalf's gigantic [BLEEP] build last year and said he needed to play TE. So I am not sure what that's all about. 

Plenty of great athletes have shown up at the combine only to end up as lame duck football players though. Just like plenty of other "underwhelming" athletes have had poor showings at the combine and have turned out hall of fame worthy careers as football players. I only recall a handful of games where I saw him play. 

He's too inconsistent. He was quite for five weeks straight and then he would show up and make a splash play or two against "meh" opponents. Hopefully he can use his size and speed better at the next level.

(02-28-2020, 12:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 11:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: He's a good prospect. I just don't think he's as good as Dallas Goedert was though coming out of South Dakota St. 

What lineman would you like in the 2nd that you think might be there?

Prince Tega Wanogho out of Auburn. Josh Jones out of Houston. Maybe Austin Jackson out of USC at OT. Could possibly see Tyler Biadasz early that night too and he can play C or G.

I'm not a big Claypool guy. I thought the 40 was impressive, but when you look at him on tape, I don't see the athleticism stand out at all. That's probably one of the reasons teams want him to think about TE. He's got the speed to play WR but his athleticism looks average. Reminds me of Darren Waller actually.

(02-28-2020, 10:40 AM)Upper Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 10:30 AM)Mikey Wrote: Ruggs won't get past 15. At this point, I'm wondering if he leapfrogs Jeudy or Lamb.

Reagor will be there, but I'd rather pursue big guys early and sneak a pick for someone like Mims later.

Brown, Kinlaw, Wills Jr, Wirfs, Becton, Thomas, and Jones are all off the board. What big guy are you pursuing at 20 in that very possible if not probable case? I do agree Ruggs probably isn't going to be there at 20 either unfortunately.

If Claypool were to make it to our third he'd be very intriguing too. He'd be a matchup nightmare.

the point was more that if Reagor at 20 is the option left when looking at WR, I'd rather go after a lineman, LB, or some other position that will likely fade in talent a whole lot faster than the WR depth. I'm not expecting Wirfs, Becton or Thomas to be there, Jones is probably 50/50. A lot rides on what we get at 9, too. This WR class is so deep, you shouldn't have to "settle" for a guy at 20. You can probably find the same guy, or dang near similar a round or maybe two later, excepting the top 3 in the class.

Unless you think Reagor is equivalent to Ruggs as far as a prospect, I just think there's a lot more value going after the next grouping of WR.

Third round pick?

Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Never heard of Chase Claypool during the college season. Must suck. Pass.

(02-28-2020, 02:23 PM)Rico Wrote: Third round pick?

Laughing

With how much we punt, at least its comforting to know that he would be able to lay the wood after every offensive possession.

I'm sold!

(02-28-2020, 02:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Never heard of Chase Claypool during the college season.  Must suck.  Pass.

Les Claypool is better.

(02-28-2020, 03:09 AM)Andy G Wrote: The top three WRs all impressed. They’ll all be gone before 20

Not sure what happened to Shennault thoigh, I was expecting him to be better than that.

And shame Tee Higgins decided not to take part. But I guess we see him at a pro day at some point.

Injured, heavy and not as fast as people think anyway

(02-28-2020, 05:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 03:09 AM)Andy G Wrote: The top three WRs all impressed. They’ll all be gone before 20

Not sure what happened to Shennault thoigh, I was expecting him to be better than that.

And shame Tee Higgins decided not to take part. But I guess we see him at a pro day at some point.

Injured, heavy and not as fast as people think anyway

Shennault, Higgins or both? 

I thought Higgins wasn't running due to needing rest apparently. At least that's what I heard on 1010XL.