Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kamala Harris

(08-11-2020, 07:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 07:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Taking everything into account, she's really not that bad of a pick. She's a scrapper, pretty smart, and doesn't have any heavyweight baggage.

Also taking into account is the belief by many, including a sizable number of democrats, that the VP pick is destined to be president within a couple years. So the question which has to be asked to those who are pulling the D lever: Do you want Harris as President? It's a rhetorical question, really. Y'all would take anyone over Trump.

I'm still chuckling at the "Heels Up Harris" moniker I read somewhere else.

Downtown Willy Brown made her who she is.

Oh, yeah, please...PLEASE...go down the self-righteous morality path.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020, 09:31 PM by mikesez.)

My only reaction is I'm surprised he picked the one person I really thought he wouldn't pick.
He said he wanted someone he was "simpatico" with. Now, none of us know what these people are like in real life, but I just don't see Joe's public persona being friends with anybody like Kamala's public persona.

But I'm probably just projecting myself on to Joe. I don't like listening to Kamala Harris, so I assume he doesn't either. When I saw Harris speaking on TV, she reminded me a lot Hillary Clinton, and that is not a good thing. And this isn't an anti-woman thing. During the speculation phase, I listened to speeches from Bass and Demings and found them to be a lot easier to like - even though, honestly, Harris is easier on the eyes, if that matters. And I liked Warren. Somehow, her raising her voice was a lot less grating than Harris or Clinton raising theirs.

That said, I don't think anyone has to like it when the vice presidential nominee speaks. It's about checking boxes. Pence is an evangelical with governing experience and a calm demeanor, things Trump lacks. Harris is half-black and female, and experienced in criminal justice, all things Biden lacks. Cheney had age, experience, specifically in military and foreign policy matters, which governor Bush lacked. Gore was a son of privilege who didn't dodge the draft, in contrast with a son of poverty who did. Pence, Cheney, and Gore are each not likeable enough to be good candidates on their own. And that was fine, wasn't it?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-11-2020, 09:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 07:19 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think he had a good chance of winning, until now. He just sunk his own ship.

Disagree.  She's competent, so I doubt she drives anyone away from the ticket.

(08-11-2020, 07:18 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: No, I'm not Mikesez, although I could use his support nowSmile As far as the "boxes" that she checks, this is what I had in mind:

They really gang up on folks around here don't they?! Can be hard to take.  But we're the sheep, they say, not them.
Laughing

I don't find it hard to take. You are correct about their views about those who think differently than them. When they can't come up with rational answers, they start the name-calling. The truth does hurt and Trump lovers will be feeling a lot of hurt come November 3. Now, if Minshew can lead the Jags to the Super Bowl- nevermind, I was beginning to think like Trump supporters!

Bwwwaaahahahahahahaha.

Kamala Harris, the Great Female Half Black Half Asian Affirmative Action Hope of the Biden Campaign.

Bewwwaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-11-2020, 05:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 05:00 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Any other response from a big Trump supporter would have disappointed me! Harris will make mincemeat of Pence in the debates. Her IQ is higher than Trump and Pence combined, despite the fact that Trump is so proud of acing his dementia test. Despite your misguided political beliefs , my comments are not personal. As Pete Prisco says, " you are entitled to your wrong opinion."

Lol, urban blacks despise Harris. She's a prosecutor who put them away after blowing her way to the job.

Why, because urban blacks are all criminals and think like sheep? Bigoted, much? Harris is anti-death penalty and went easy on marijuana offenses, the most egregious examples of racial bias in our current justice system. You need to pick a more appropriate stereotype.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-11-2020, 09:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 07:19 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I think he had a good chance of winning, until now. He just sunk his own ship.

Disagree.  She's competent, so I doubt she drives anyone away from the ticket.

(08-11-2020, 07:18 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: No, I'm not Mikesez, although I could use his support nowSmile As far as the "boxes" that she checks, this is what I had in mind:

They really gang up on folks around here don't they?! Can be hard to take.  But we're the sheep, they say, not them.
Laughing

She drove me away and likely 5 of my family members. We were all on the fence. We hate Trump and desperately wanted someone else, but with Biden's failing mental state, it was going to come down to his VP pick. She was the WRONG choice. If you are a liberal, you are fine with her, but for Independent voters who oppose Trump, this was definitely a mistake. She is super polarizing....... in a bad way.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020, 10:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(08-11-2020, 09:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: My only reaction is I'm surprised he picked the one person I really thought he wouldn't pick.
He said he wanted someone he was "simpatico" with.  Now, none of us know what these people are like in real life, but I just don't see Joe's public persona being friends with anybody like Kamala's public persona.

But I'm probably just projecting myself on to Joe. I don't like listening to Kamala Harris, so I assume he doesn't either. When I saw Harris speaking on TV, she reminded me a lot Hillary Clinton, and that is not a good thing. And this isn't an anti-woman thing. During the speculation phase, I listened to speeches from Bass and Demings and found them to be a lot easier to like - even though, honestly, Harris is easier on the eyes, if that matters.  And I liked Warren.  Somehow, her raising her voice was a lot less grating than Harris or Clinton raising theirs.

That said, I don't think anyone has to like it when the vice presidential nominee speaks. It's about checking boxes.  Pence is an evangelical with governing experience and a calm demeanor, things Trump lacks.  Harris is half-black and female, and experienced in criminal justice, all things Biden lacks.  Cheney had age, experience, specifically in military and foreign policy matters, which governor Bush lacked.  Gore was a son of privilege who didn't dodge the draft, in contrast with a son of poverty who did. Pence, Cheney, and Gore are each not likeable enough to be good candidates on their own.  And that was fine, wasn't it?

Agreed 100%.

It was fine, because the men in front of them seemed to be in good health, so there was less of a worry. Biden is 77 and in the last few months he has started to look very unhealthy. He looks 10 years older than what he is. He fumbles over his words and has made some pretty big gaffes. That worries me. I hate saying this, but I doubt he last 4 years. With that said, it makes his VP selection way more important than those other candidates you mentioned. I think this scenario is more like when McCain selected Palin as his running mate. McCain was older and had a history of bad health. He too chose a woman who was completely UNLIKABLE and it cost him big time. I think the same thing happens here.

(08-11-2020, 09:42 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 05:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, urban blacks despise Harris. She's a prosecutor who put them away after blowing her way to the job.

Why, because urban blacks are all criminals and think like sheep? Bigoted, much? Harris is anti-death penalty and went easy on marijuana offenses, the most egregious examples of racial bias in our current justice system. You need to pick a more appropriate stereotype.

Another reason to despise her.

Kamala wanted to ban Trump from Twitter.

(08-11-2020, 10:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Kamala wanted to ban Trump from Twitter.

Did she want Twitter to do it, or did she want the government to do it for them?

(08-11-2020, 10:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 10:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Kamala wanted to ban Trump from Twitter.

Did she want Twitter to do it, or did she want the government to do it for them?

She didn't like him having access to 65,000,000 followers.  Sounds right up your alley.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020, 10:55 PM by mikesez.)

(08-11-2020, 10:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 10:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: Did she want Twitter to do it, or did she want the government to do it for them?

She didn't like him having access to 65,000,000 followers.  Sounds right up your alley.

Lol.  His tweets are a negative for him and you know it.  It loses more votes for him than it gains. Nothing to do with my feelings

People are still pro death penalty?

Wowsers

(08-11-2020, 09:42 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 05:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, urban blacks despise Harris. She's a prosecutor who put them away after blowing her way to the job.

Well, since Biden thinks so, I guess you do as well?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-11-2020, 11:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote: People are still pro death penalty?

Wowsers

ABSOLUTELY!

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 05:37 AM by The Real Marty.)

This is exactly who I predicted he would pick a long time ago.  She checks all the boxes.

This is a pick that is designed to energize the democratic base: blacks and women.  With Trump hatred at the level it is at, what Biden has to do is get out the vote.  This pick is designed to help that effort.

(08-12-2020, 04:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This is exactly who I predicted he would pick a long time ago.  She checks all the boxes.

This is a pick that is designed to energize the democratic base: blacks and women.  With Trump hatred at the level it is at, what Biden has to do is get out the vote.  This pick is designed to help that effort.

That's the basic assumption, but I think the situation might be a little bit more complicated than that.  When was the last time since 1965 the Democratic party felt they HAD to have a black face on the ticket to drive black voter turnout?  In reality, I believe the Friday immediately following the GF killing, Rasmussen Daily Tracking had Trump in the low 40's in job Approval with black Americans.  Even legacy media was writing about JB's growing problem with black men.  

The Dems electoral strategy (until the next immigration reform) is built on 90+% of the black vote and in big numbers.  When Hillary Clinton didn't put together the same coalition from the 08 & 12 cycles we see what happened in the electoral college.  Even with the full court press from Academia, Pop Culture, Pro sports, and Legacy media trump is still hovering in the mid Twenties in Rasmussen.  That may not seem like a lot, but anything over 10-15% would likely mean no more than a 3% raw vote advantage to the Democrats on November 3rd and another likely showdown in the Electoral College.  

As for women, How bad must the polling have been for school closures to have both Andrew Cuomo and Chuck Schumer come out in favor of reopening schools to preserve the economy?  What's the suburban republican woman in GA, FL, TX etc. thinking when they see a couple in Minnesota being accosted outside their own homes?

(08-11-2020, 07:18 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 06:41 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'll go out on a limb here.

Black - Check
Female - Check
Half Asian - bonus Check (bi-racial)
democrat - Check

I don't know of other boxes that leftists typically have, perhaps Mikesez or jaflou53 (might be one in the same) could enlighten us.

No, I'm not Mikesez, although I could use his support nowSmile As far as the "boxes" that she checks, this is what I had in mind:

1. Strong woman (Trump can't handle strong women, i.e. Pelosi). 

Donald Trump had to get in the ring with a Rhodes Scholar who sacrificed anything a normal person would hold dear to achieve the presidency.  Nancy Pelosi was reduced to a petulant child throwing out her toys before the virus hit.  

2. Very smart, articulate and thinks fast on her feet. As I said before, she will make mincemeat out of Pence in their debate.

Not likely.  

3. Not too far left politically. Warren would have been the wrong choice to help beat Trump. 

And there goes all your credibility.  No Guns, Open Borders, Full benefits to illegal aliens, etc.  

4. Black- You are correct on that one. Biden needs black voters to come to the polls in droves and Harris should help with this. However, regardless of her race, she was the best candidate to be VP.

"I thought we agreed never to lie to each other Miss Everdeen." 

5. Political experience: She has plenty of this representing California in the Senate.

6. Strong on crime: She has a strong record on this, so much so that some say it will hurt her with the black vote. This will not happen, but it will help with middle of the road white voters. 

Those are the boxes I was referring to. I do not believe, however, that Biden should have said in advance that he would pick a woman. He should have simply announced the pick without any pre-conditions on race or gender. 

Have you been paying attention?

By the way, I am not a "leftist." I'm not a fan of AOC and other far left politicians. I have voted for Republicans in the past and expect to in the future if they are moderate enough on certain issues important to me. Simply put, I believe Trump is the worst thing that ever happened to this country for a myriad of reasons and can't wait til he's gone come November (or January).

If you still had any credibility...

(08-11-2020, 06:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 06:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Well if someone thinks that The President suggested ingesting bleach... well that explains his (or perhaps her) "excitement" about the democrat ticket.

Think about this... it's pretty clear that Joe Biden isn't all that well health-wise and specifically mentally.  The democrat party just selected their new "Hillary" for no other reason than she "checks the right boxes" for their identity style politics.
No, I'm not a previously banned poster. You got that wrong just like your opinions on Trump. I almost feel sorry for Trump supporters since they are in for a long dry spell since this imbecile will not only lose in November but also cause the Republicans to lose control of the Senate. I also predict that many of Trump's biggest supporters in the Senate, House and in gubernatorial positions will try to distance themselves from Trump after he loses in November. DeSantis is at the top of this list of cowards.

I'll take special exception to this one.  6 months, a year maybe, we are going to look back on the real damage this virus and lockdown policy did to the economic infrastructure of this country.  States like NY, NJ, MI, CA, CONN, MASS etc. are all going to have recoveries that will take years with the carnage that took place with small businesses, disrupted supply chains, etc.  Florida is going to be largely exempt from that.  And that's in the face of inordinate political pressure to force everyone in the state @ gunpoint to hide under their beds.  Don't EVER call Ron Desantis a coward.  You can disagree with his policies, you can say a lot of things about him, but coward aint one of em.

(08-12-2020, 06:18 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 07:18 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: 1. Strong woman (Trump can't handle strong women, i.e. Pelosi). 

Donald Trump had to get in the ring with a Rhodes Scholar who sacrificed anything a normal person would hold dear to achieve the presidency.  Nancy Pelosi was reduced to a petulant child throwing out her toys before the virus hit.  

Bill was the Rhodes scholar, not Hillary.

(08-12-2020, 06:25 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 06:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: No, I'm not a previously banned poster. You got that wrong just like your opinions on Trump. I almost feel sorry for Trump supporters since they are in for a long dry spell since this imbecile will not only lose in November but also cause the Republicans to lose control of the Senate. I also predict that many of Trump's biggest supporters in the Senate, House and in gubernatorial positions will try to distance themselves from Trump after he loses in November. DeSantis is at the top of this list of cowards.

I'll take special exception to this one.  6 months, a year maybe, we are going to look back on the real damage this virus and lockdown policy did to the economic infrastructure of this country.  States like NY, NJ, MI, CA, CONN, MASS etc. are all going to have recoveries that will take years with the carnage that took place with small businesses, disrupted supply chains, etc.  Florida is going to be largely exempt from that.  And that's in the face of inordinate political pressure to force everyone in the state @ gunpoint to hide under their beds.  Don't EVER call Ron Desantis a coward.  You can disagree with his policies, you can say a lot of things about him, but coward aint one of em.

They'll never recover from what work from home has introduced. Many of the high tax states held jobs as hostage in order to levy at exorbitant rates. Coupled with woke leadership, people are leaving in droves. I think what you'll see now is these states forwarding legislation to tax out-of-state residents if their center of business lies within a high tax state's boundaries.