Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lost all faith in Bortles

Quote:Really? Flacco has been worse than Bortles recently. You just don't know football.

Give Flacco ARob and see the TDs he throws. Flacco has an old Steve Smith and a depleted core otherwise. You're an idiot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2016, 05:09 PM by Holger.)

Quote:Really? Flacco has been worse than Bortles recently. You just don't know football.

Today when he had the chance he got his team the FG, unlike what Bortles did with good field position 3 times and on the final drive

Quote:Some of you have to realize that Bortles is being coached/developed by the worst head coach in NFL history, not just the worst head coach in the league, the worst coach in NFL history.  What do you expect? Bortles is practically playing off of his talent alone.

Trust me, I understand that.

But it's been 2+ years of learning from a useless staff. He could easily settle into unfixable techniques. Its why Gus needed to be let go last year. There may not be time to salvage Bortles, who came out as a project to begin with, at this point. That's a very real fear.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:Some of you have to realize that Bortles is being coached/developed by the worst head coach in NFL history, not just the worst head coach in the league, the worst coach in NFL history.  What do you expect? Bortles is practically playing off of his talent alone.

Yup. They don't realize it. He's 2nd in NFL in TD passes last year with Gus Bradley. Imagine if he had a head coach, o line, and running game.

He's also started missing guys. Lee on the deep post Robby on the deep corner Thomas down the seem. These are open guys for big plays.

Quote:Actually I wouldn't be. It's called sportsmanship. Something you learn at the Pop Warner level.
 Okay, so what exactly does it have to do with him not being good today? Complain about his sportsmanship in another thread of your making if you wish.

Quote: Okay, so what exactly does it have to do with him not being good today? Complain about his sportsmanship in another thread of your making if you wish.

That's not what you want to see from your franchise QB. Do you disagree with that?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The amount of wow-plays is also way down from last year. Just overall you cant ignore that right now he is playing on the level he played as a rookie

Hes better than what hes putting out and I still have faith in him. Hes in poor form and I think theres a variety of things holding him back. I think the gameplan has set him up to fail and the team is just lacking quality, passion and energy. 

I truly believe that the offensive gameplan this season has been horrendous and I believe Olsen has really handcuffed Bortles. 

Quote:That's not what you want to see from your franchise QB. Do you disagree with that?

Man, I honestly don't care. If he threw for 350 yards and 4 TD's and ran to the locker room I'd be celebrating a victory right now. There's enough to worry about without getting into the character flaws of a QB. Just friggin win.

Quote:Man, I honestly don't care. If he threw for 350 yards and 4 TD's and ran to the locker room I'd be celebrating a victory right now. There's enough to worry about without getting into the character flaws of a QB. Just friggin win.

The point is he sucked, he knew he sucked, and instead of maning up he decides to run away like a kid who takes his ball after getting beat.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Why do you blame Bortles ?This is nothing but coaching to blame.You have to develop a QB,it's not going to ever happen with this enept coaching staff,starting with the head coach and his O-staff

;

;
<FONT face="Weltron Urban" color=#008080 size=7><I></I></FONT> 

Quote:The point is he sucked, he knew he sucked, and instead of maning up he decides to run away like a kid who takes his ball after getting beat.

I'd be pissed off if I were him too. I haven't heard anything that would indicate his teammates don't respect him, and as far as I'm concerned, that all that matters. The sports world is full of successful sore losers. 

Quote:Right now, Bortles looks like Jerrard 2.0. He's not trusting himself, and the end result is costly sacks and interceptions. Painful to watch.

Nah man, in garrards good years, he didn't make these dumb mistakes and he help lead us to the playoffs

Quote:Give Flacco ARob and see the TDs he throws. Flacco has an old Steve Smith and a depleted core otherwise. You're an idiot.

People like you are the reason why Jags fans are considered worst in NFL. Congrats.

Quote:People like you are the reason why Jags fans are considered worst in NFL. Congrats.

Great reply. How about acknowledging my post? Flacco has a bunch of scrub WRs. The only decent threat he has is Steve Smith Sr. who runs off the field every other play because he needs a breath. He's not the same guy he used to be. Blake has 2 1,000 yard receivers and 2 pro bowl TE's. Wanna blame the running game? Forsett was actually cut by the Ravens before the reason. He's pushing 30 and Terrance West was cut by Cleveland. This game matched up extremely well for us and Blake did not come through. Hence, why he ran into the locker room.

Quote:Great reply. How about acknowledging my post? Flacco has a bunch of scrub WRs. The only decent threat he has is Steve Smith Sr. who runs off the field every other play because he needs a breath. He's not the same guy he used to be. Blake has 2 1,000 yard receivers and 2 pro bowl TE's. Wanna blame the running game? Forsett was actually cut by the Ravens before the reason. He's pushing 30 and Terrance West was cut by Cleveland. This game matched up extremely well for us and Blake did not come through. Hence, why he ran into the locker room.
Flacco played worse than Blake today. What's your inept point again?!

The Jags suck because Gus Bradley, not because Blake Bortles. You don't know football.

Quote:Nah man, in garrards good years, he didn't make these dumb mistakes and he help lead us to the playoffs
Good years? As in plural? Thanks for the laugh.

In his best and only good year, his stats were relatively pedestrian because he was a checkdown machine. At his best, he was nothing more than a game manager. He was prone to sacking himself, and constantly second guessing what he saw in front of him the majority of his time before and after that one season. He got paid and reverted to what he was, a career backup.

Bortles is in danger of becoming Garrard if he can't regain some confidence. I'm not sure what you do to fix that mid-season, but someone needs to figure it out quickly.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Bortles is coming off the BEST age 24 season in NFL history for a QB and has Gus Bradley coaching him. You people are ready to give up on him and draft some scrub? Hahahha how about get this guy a real head coach!

Quote:Flacco played worse than Blake today. What's your inept point again?!

The Jags suck because Gus Bradley, not because Blake Bortles. You don't know football.
I agree with this. And to the folks who think it's just the running back who is involved in the running game is SORELY mistaken. 

EVERY running play that we have involves the opposition with contact 3-5 yards behind our LOS. Our offensive line BLOWS.