Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley quote on playing Myles more- "Poz is playing at a extremely high level."

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 03:52 PM by Etdavis2006.)

See this is what I'm talking about. There is something inherently wrong here. After that game, you can't say Poz was playing at an "extremely high level." We got beat by 20 plus. No body was playing at an "extremely high level." The fact that he would even say that is a problem. I get saying that about Fowler or Yannick because they are young guys and you want to build confidence. Not your 32 year old 2 down line backer.

Le sigh...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Has anyone addressed Bradley as to why Poz was covering a WR who could run a 4.4? 

Thats fine Poz is playin at a high level, but thats no excuse not to put in Jack from time to time. How is he ever going to build "trust" without getting the reps? Gus wants him to be a MLB, but he should be playing all the positions quite frankly, hes way too talented to leave on the sideline. 

This is exactly what was the problem with our first OC with Bradley (forget his name, probably for best). His scheme was what the players had to adjust to, as opposed to the scheme adjusting to the players. 

Jack needs to play

Remember when half the board wanted to bench Telvin. He has been our best defensive player so far.

How can they line Poz up on a WR when he can't even cover TE's?

No Fun

Paul is playing at such a high and extreme level that suddenly Wash and Bradley thought he could cover a receiver that's half his size and twice as fast. I love Paul. He's a great team leader. He's a good lockeroom guy. And he's got a nose for the football in the running game. He could go onto be a solid linebackers coach down the road if he wanted to. I don't fault him yesterday for those two eye gouging passing plays. Like Skuta said yesterday when he spoke up for him. He had absolutely NO BUSINESS being involved in covering Benjamin in that game. He doesn't have any business PERIOD covering wide receivers in this NFL. Most NFL coaches with a brain would tell you the same exact thing with their own personnel. He was set up badly yesterday. Bradley and Wash looked clueless on the sideline. They're both hunching over and trying to leer in real close to see the action out on the field. Trying to do the best they can to look like professional coaches. When in reality they both look like a couple of uneducated consumers standing over a car engine as the mechanic tells you 50 things you don't really need to hear so you'll buy into them some more. Same mottos. Same basic schemes. Same basic results. 12 wins. 38 losses. How much more are we going to let this sad clown keep on getting away with this act?

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:^This. Poz is a good 1st or 2nd down LB but we should never ask him to cover anything. To say he is playing at a high level tells me Gus thinks he's playing at a luke Kuechly level.

Teams pass on 1st and 2nd down too..

Bradley is the worst coach I've ever seen. Period.

The thing that makes me the most mad is not only were fans saying this but even official analysts/stat guys whatever you want to call them were saying that Jack/T Smith opposite each other at LB would just scare the hell out of any QB they played, and this coach won't even give it a thought.

Umm... what?

If I'm not mistaken, they did have Jack in playing during garbage time.  When they were in the 4 minute offense, I swear Jack was playing.  He was sitting in the zone and breaking to the runner well.  It helped that he knew they were running.

Remember when TC won with a street QB and 4 plays?  Yeah good coaches drill it down to what can work.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

According to Gus, it's "MLB or nada for Jack".

Well according to Caldwell and Khan, it will be a "see you later" moment.

And yes, Jack did play in the last couple minutes of the game - where it didn't count. Gus needs to get over his stupid ego that was wrongly built after his "success" in Seattle. Clearly the players in Seattle made him look good. 

I'm tired of this crappy Otto, Leo, and Elephant experiment.

He said all the right things when this team was rebuilding. Now that we're expecting some kind of results he's just complimenting players after an embarrassing loss. There is a lot of football left to be played but his philosophy after a horrible game like we witnessed Sunday is really annoying.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:There is gonna be some major dirty laundry that comes out soon.

This. If the losses continue to pile up, eventually the grumbling will start. This team has too many talented players to be a perennial cellar-dweller.

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast." - Alexander Pope

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Michael DiRocco ‏@ESPNdirocco  17m17 minutes ago

<p style="font-size:16px;">Jaguars coach Gus Bradley says LB Myles Jack continues to grow and learn. Getting better at being fully aware of responsibilities on field.

Michael DiRocco ‏@ESPNdirocco  16m16 minutes ago

<p style="font-size:16px;">Jaguars coach Gus Bradley says LB Myles Jack needs to earn the trust of everybody to get on the field more on defense.

</div>

Earn the trust of all the other guys allowing 4 yard runs become 44 yard TD's and a 17 of 24 - 4 tD no INT day from an opposing QB?

Maybe this coaching staff needs to learn of their own responsibilities.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

This isn't AAU Football. Stop kissing players backsides when they lose and telling them how great they're doing... they are not doing great.. they suck and you coached them to be that way.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2016, 07:23 AM by Jags239.)

Quote:Did they ask Gus about this play? <a class="bbc_url" href='https://vine.co/v/5n1H2miZq53'>https://vine.co/v/5n1H2miZq53</a>

I literally blew up after this play.
It's not like we have one of the best jump ball WRs or 2 towering TEs to throw to. If we guys like that I would consider a Hail Mary there.

@hayscarlyon

Minutes after taking Myles Jack, Caldwell says he can play any LB spot. When asked today, Gus makes it sound like its MLB or nada.

This is damning for all those Gus apologists. He's no defensive guru.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:@hayscarlyon

Minutes after taking Myles Jack, Caldwell says he can play any LB spot. When asked today, Gus makes it sound like its MLB or nada.

He's a one trick pony and that equine is headed to the glue factory.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:@hayscarlyon

Because things said after a draft should definitely be taken as gospel.

Caldwell talked of Sample as a FS (even though everyone who covered him knew he was a SS through and through). One off-season later, the truth comes out...they couldn't find a FS and thus they thought they'd give Sample a shot there (except he got hurt and didn't get a chance to play).

There's examples all the time of GM talking about one thing about a prospect they just drafted and the things they say after they actually got their hands on them.

Quote:Because things said after a draft should definitely be taken as gospel.

Caldwell talked of Sample as a FS (even though everyone who covered him knew he was a SS through and through). One off-season later, the truth comes out...they couldn't find a FS and thus they thought they'd give Sample a shot there (except he got hurt and didn't get a chance to play).

There's examples all the time of GM talking about one thing about a prospect they just drafted and the things they say after they actually got their hands on them.

Grasping at straws. He said that Sample could play FS because he was more of a hybrid safety.

You really believe Jack is just a MLB? You must not watch football.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2016, 12:27 PM by SpeedyG.)

Quote:Grasping at straws. He said that Sample could play FS because he was more of a hybrid safety.

You really believe Jack is just a MLB? You must not watch football.

No he's not. He's a MLB/WLB. Too bad Telvin is playing WLB.

And are you really going to defend that what a GM says after the draft is the most accurate representation of what a player's skill set really is? If you could go back through the draft interviews and listen to what coaches/GM say, you'd be surprised how often they are wrong about what they think they're getting and what they actually get. Doesn't mean the player is any less successful when he becomes a pro. It just means that scouting a player you watch vs. coaching him and getting your hands on him is completely different.

Just look at A-Rob, who was a YAC guy in college who is now a downfield receiver here.