Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do we need a new QB?

Quote:The fact that I'm missing is that Bortles' turnovers and terrible play yesterday (the whole offense included) was "irrelevant" and didn't have any affect on the 35-0 drubbing that was going on until the start of the 4th qtr.

Irrelevant, I guess.

Quote:Yeah. Blake turned it over three times by himself, and threw some very inaccurate passes, telegraphed several others, miss-timed a few more and generally took too long to get rid of the ball. 

He get's a big heaping plateful of blame today in my book for that loss in SD. 

Yeah if we drove before half and scored a td get the ball score again in the 3rd the game is right back in reach but the turnovers and bad D the game was over at halftime.

No Fun

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah. Blake turned it over three times by himself, and threw some very inaccurate passes, telegraphed several others, miss-timed a few more and generally took too long to get rid of the ball.

He get's a big heaping plateful of blame today in my book for that loss in SD.

Yup. We all saw the same thing.

He'll play much better than that in many games. But, he needs to cut down on these turnovers (especially in his own territory). When the Jags get involved in some pretty close games, turnovers like that will be the difference between winning and losing at times.

The Ravens game is likely to be a close one, if the offense can put together some drives and not turn it over.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 04:56 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:We can be a successful team with Blake, but I don't think we can win a Super Bowl with someone as erratic as him. His flaws aren't going to magically get corrected, he can improve them a little bit but he is what he is at this point. 

Bortles is 0-2 with an INT % of 3.4%

Big Ben is 2-0 with a INT% of 4.1%

Big Ben had an INT % LAST YEAR of 3.4%

Bortles had an INT % LAST YEAR of 3.0%

Some of you clowns don't understand statistics. I wish Bortles had a great o line, great running game, great defense, and above average coach like Big Ben does!!! 

When Bortles leaves Jacksonville, you will see what the problem is.

Quote:We can be a successful team with Blake, but I don't think we can win a Super Bowl with someone as erratic as him. His flaws aren't going to magically get corrected, he can improve them a little bit but he is what he is at this point. 

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on the bolded point. I think we can, but he's going to need some consistent help from the rest of the team to do so. He is never going to be able to do it by himself though. When he can stop playing like he thinks he's Atlas, we can [hopefully] start winning more games.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Bortles is 0-2 with an INT % of 3.4%

Big Ben is 2-0 with a INT% of 4.1%

Big Ben had an INT % LAST YEAR of 3.4%

Bortles had an INT % LAST YEAR of 3.0%

Some of you clowns don't understand statistics. I wish Bortles had a great o line, great running game, great defense, and above average coach also!!

When Bortles leaves Jacksonville, you will see what the problem is.
Erratic doesn't only mean interceptions. It also means his decision making, elongated throwing motion, ball placement issues, timing, etc. 

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 05:00 PM by BritishJag.)

No not now, I like Blake but he needs to show improvement this year. He looks like the same quarterback as he did last year through 2 games. Hopefully the San Diego game will kick him into life.

If this is his ceiling though then I'm not sure he's the long term answer I though he would be but that remains to be seen.

Quote:No not now, I like Blake but he needs to show improvement this year. He looks like the same quarterback as he did last year through 2 games. Hopefully the San Diego game will kick him into life.

If this is his ceiling though then I'm not sure he's the long term answer I though he would be but that remains to be seen.

Lol if his ceiling is 2nd in NFL in TD passes and a top 10 QB, sign me up. What other positions on the Jags are Top 10?! Lmao

Quote:Erratic doesn't only mean interceptions. It also means his decision making, elongated throwing motion, ball placement issues, timing, etc.

spacecoast only sees things in yearly and cumulative numbers and percentages. You have to cut him some slack there.

He doesn't take into account any situations that happen during a single game, at all. It doesn't compute.

All he sees from yesterday was that Bortles had over 300 yds and 2 TDs. He doesn't acknowledge that Bortles and the offense couldn't move the ball most of the game, had numerous 3 and outs at some critical junctures, and turned the ball over in their own territory.

He doesn't see (or refuses to acknowledge) how all of that seriously contributed to the butt-whooping the Jags received.

The offense completely sucked in the first half. Then, promptly went 3 and out to start the 2nd half when the team REALLY could've used a drive/points and some momentum there.

Nope,,, Bortles had 300yds 2 TDs. It was everyone else's fault.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 05:12 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Jagherd.

Not really. It's just embarrassing to not understand that Bortles is the only bright spot on the team.

I mean last year alone:

Big Ben 21 TDs and 16 INT

Bortles 35 TDs and 18 INT

And these clowns don't see what the problem is? Big Ben is nearly in the Super Bowl every year because he has a defense, a running game, and an o line. Bortles has none of those things.

If I'm Blake, I leave Jacksonville ASAP if these fools can't figure out Gus is a JV coach

Quote:Jagherd.

Not really. It's just embarrassing to not understand that Bortles is the only bright spot on the team.

I mean last year alone:

And these clowns don't see what the problem is? Big Ben is nearly in the Super Bowl every year because he has a defense, a running game, and an o line. Bortles has none of those things.

If I'm Blake, I leave Jacksonville ASAP if these fools can't figure out Gus is a JV coach

You ain't going nowhere as long as I have this franchise tag.

Absolutely not. Blake has the talent. He just needs some good coaching to help him shine. He doesn't have that right now. 

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 05:34 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:Jagherd.

I mean last year alone:

I don't think I've seen anybody not realize Blake is the bright spot on this team (anybody that's reasonable, that is). I know he is a bright spot, and loaded with potential "elite-ness".

But, that doesn't mean that people don't see when he makes errors and bone headed decisions sometimes. We all saw how the offense's ineptitude yesterday (including Blake) absolutely contributed to that awful beatdown.

That doesn't mean we think Blake "sucks" or is the main reason for this failure of a team. Not at all.

It's okay to think Blake is/will be a VERY GOOD QB for this team, while also recognizing his contributing mistakes during a game.

That's how I see him. Even with how bad he looked at times yesterday,, there is no way in Hades I would want to see another QB in there (especially Henne).

Blake's good,, but has faults. It happens.

Nope. Maybe ask again at the end of his third season but then again three seasons isn't much.

Quote:Don't know what fact you're missing. Bortles was a top 10 QB in the league last year and he will be top 10 again this year. Wake me up when we have a top 10 head coach, top ten o line, ten ten running game and top ten defense.

By what measure?  The Td's and the yards yes, but the TO's definitely not.  He had the most INT's and TO's last year.  Others might not put up the big TD's and yards, but they also don't put their D in nearly as many bad situations, its hard to argue he is top ten with his passer rating/TO's etc.  He has to get better for this team to be able to consistently compete, defense/running game/aside.

Quote:I don't think I've seen anybody not realize Blake is the bright spot on this team (anybody that's reasonable, that is). I know he is a bright spot, and loaded with potential "elite-ness".

But, that doesn't mean that people don't see when he makes errors and bone headed decisions sometimes. We all saw how the offense's ineptitude yesterday (including Blake) absolutely contributed to that awful beatdown.

That doesn't mean we think Blake "sucks" or is the main reason for this failure of a team. Not at all.

It's okay to think Blake is/will be a VERY GOOD QB for this team, while also recognizing his contributing mistakes during a game.

That's how I see him. Even with how bad he looked at times yesterday,, there is no way in Hades I would want to see another QB in there (especially Henne).

Blake's good,, but has faults. It happens.

Read the headline of thread. It's embarrassing to be associated with some Jags fans. Guy was 2nd in the NFL in TDs at age 24. Bortles leaves and the Jags won't find a better QB for 30 years

Indy obviously need a new QB because Luck was even worse. Tampa also need a new qb as he threw 4 ints. Seahawks need a new QB as they only scored 3 points. Thought Rodgers wasn't very good either so maybe they should look too

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 05:42 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:By what measure? The Td's and the yards yes, but the TO's definitely not. He had the most INT's and TO's last year. Others might not put up the big TD's and yards, but they also don't put their D in nearly as many bad situations, its hard to argue he is top ten with his passer rating/TO's etc. He has to get better for this team to be able to consistently compete, defense/running game/aside.
Clearly you don't understand statistics. He's been better than Big Ben the past 2 seasons in INT%. When you lead the NFL in passing attempts two years straight, you will throw INTs clown

Jags aren't finding a better QB than Bortles for 30 years. Thread should be shut down for stupidity

lol

So first time Bortles got to throw the ball he was facing 2nd and 16 from the 13 and down a touchdown.

After that 3 and out he got the ball back on the 13 and they ran 2 straight run plays, the interception then came on the 3rd down. He then didn't get the ball again until 14-0 down.

Got to play better around him and give him a chance to get the offence moving early.