Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack not Starting or atleast playing in Nickel

Quote:He's really a 1st round pick who got taken in the 2nd. He would have been a top 5 pick if not for the knee stuff. You don't sit a top 5 rookie talent unless you don't know what your doing or being stubborn because you like the guy ahead of him because "he's just a nice guy and has heart".

I don't like to project him like that because he wasn't selected that high but yeah I agree with that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Or based on his entire UCLA career and NFL stint so far.
By NFL stint you mean his time with non NFL players in a 4th preseason game?

oh ok... I'm basing my opinion on Skuta not being anything special since we signed him, and Poz not being a good player for us for about 3 years strait... and his ability in the passing game is absolutely trash tier

I agree, I want Myles out there so bad but "learning" Skuta's spot would be his 3rd position to "learn". It is such crap, just put him on the field Gus. 

Poz is a liability to have on the field at all anymore. Teams know he is easily exploited in the passing game and it gets taken advantage of too often.

Quote:I don't like to project him like that because he wasn't selected that high but yeah I agree with that.

Thats fair. I just get frustrated with Gus saying the best players will play then leaving good players on the bench for guys he likes that have no business being on the field. At the very least Jack should be out there on passing downs.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:By NFL stint you mean his time with non NFL players in a 4th preseason game?

oh ok... I'm basing my opinion on Skuta not being anything special since we signed him, and Poz not being a good player for us for about 3 years strait... and his ability in the passing game is absolutely trash tier

If he can't attack downfield and shed blocks against 4th string players, how do you expect him to do so vs. starters?

Quote:If he can't attack downfield and shed blocks against 4th string players, how do you expect him to do so vs. starters?

Because him playing with 4 string D-line players on his team next to him is a great way to tell that he can't play

We are 0-2... are defense is giving up an average of over 30 points a game still, but you want to keep on trucking with the norm.

You sir, are a smart one

Quote:Because him playing with 4 string D-line players on his team next to him is a great way to tell that he can't play

We are 0-2... are defense is giving up an average of over 30 points a game still, but you want to keep on trucking with the norm.

You sir, are a smart one

What does the players around him anything to do with him getting off the block against one single player? 

Newsflash...if he plays MLB or SLB (which is where everyone is calling for him to play) he's going to have to do this on a consistent basis

Gus not playing Jack tells me he doesn't want what's best for the long term for this franchise. The defense made mistake after mistake yesterday... and he's afraid Jack will make mistakes? Playing pullard over Jack is a joke, although I like Pullard.
No commercial messages in sigs

I honestly don't understand how anyone is defending him not playing right now. If this team were 2-0 with a really good defense at the moment then I can understand him not playing because we're obviously doing good. That is not the case and now is the time for him to be on the field getting experience rather than later when we're turning around then he's out there lost and a liability at the worst possible time. The way they're starting his career off is really disheartening, I hope in the end he's not one of those "What could have been" cases because his talent was completely wasted.

When was the last time you saw Poz make a big play?

When was the last time you saw Poz make a big play?