Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looking back on last night

Quote:I don't even know why I watched the entire game. Perhaps I was hoping for some semblance of a professional team, that never happened
I sat there counting how many points we needed to score. Like a mad man I was actually waiting for it to happen, it never did.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You guys are the real heroes. Bravo to all you that have contributed to this thread. Really grate stuff here! Keep it coming!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 06:06 PM by Mowerguy.)

Thanks for all the breakdowns and analysis BJ....and contributions from everyone.

Be interesting to see what "Jaguars All Access" has to say tonite....wouldn't surprise if Laggs jsut says...heck with it...there's nothing to say.  :thumbsup:

@Brett - I know the feeling....most of the times I drove back to Fernandina the last four years.  Wallbash

More often than not.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Screenshots don't do full justice...but. It's 3rd and 4 on the San Diego 35. Yeldon has the ball and the corner is *just* coming off the WR. So while the picture looks like 4 guys to beat, technically...it's just one guy..#57 in front of TJ. Now, tell me what TJ did when he caught the ball.

Quote:Next drive we're 3rd and 4 again but this time on the San Diego 35. We're in FG range but we decided to pass it behind the line of scrimmage. This is the scene when Yeldon gets the ball:

[Image: hOVe0QF.png]

So Yeldon receives the ball TEN yards behind the 1st down marker and he has FOUR guys unblocked. Can Blake read the defense? Why are we throwing it 6 yards backwards on a 3rd down attempt? I know you want the get the ball in your playmakers hands but expecting Yeldon to beat a lineman, 2 linebackers and a corner by himself is ridiculous.

Quote:Screenshots don't do full justice...but. It's 3rd and 4 on the San Diego 35. Yeldon has the ball and the corner is *just* coming off the WR. So while the picture looks like 4 guys to beat, technically...it's just one guy..#57 in front of TJ. Now, tell me what TJ did when he caught the ball.

No Gus, it's four.

Great post. Bortles hasn't been great this year so far but I haven't seen much, if any separation from these WRs. Allen Robinson is a #1, don't get me wrong but as far as other #1's go, he doesn't get much separation. We need to run more creative passing plays to get these guys open. Heck, the Patriots run 5 yards slants and pick plays all days with 2nd and 3rd string QBs. 

Quote:No Gus, it's four.

Answer the question.

What did TJ Yeldon do when he caught the ball?

Damn good stuff, British

looking back... I guess I'm glad we're still undefeated inside the division.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Screenshots don't do full justice...but. It's 3rd and 4 on the San Diego 35. Yeldon has the ball and the corner is *just* coming off the WR. So while the picture looks like 4 guys to beat, technically...it's just one guy..#57 in front of TJ. Now, tell me what TJ did when he caught the ball.
He's got one guy to beat to get back to the line of scrimmage but those 3 other guys have all shed blocks so all angles are covered to get to the first down marker. It's 3rd down, you need to get to the first down marker not the line of scrimmage. If he beats #57 he's got at least 2 more guys coming at him...

Quote:The only way anyone would get me to move back to FL is if I made a salary similar to a HC. That state is the worst. Jax is cool, but FL in general sucks.
Dude, you live in the armpit of the US. I lived in that area. Worst years of my life. I have traveled the world. Seen a great many places, and there is no place I would rather be than right here in good old Jacksonville.

It is the finest place on this planet.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Dude, you live in the armpit of the US. I lived in that area. Worst years of my life. I have traveled the world. Seen a great many places, and there is no place I would rather be than right here in good old Jacksonville.

It is the finest place on this planet.
I can't attest for living in Jax, but I've lived in Rochester NY, Tampa, and Orlando before coming to Bristol. I'd take Bristol over my FL experiences any day. I'd pick NY over here but I just can't do the FL thing. Jax is a cool city, and probably the only place in FL I would consider going to, but I can't live in that heat.

I'm still trying to convince my wife to go to the Northwest.

Give me mountains and snow over the beach any day
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2016, 01:32 AM by Predator.)

Quote:More execution than scheme, yes, but the scheme leaves plenty of weakness to be picked upon.  And yes, hard to think that's not on Cyp. 

Here's another one.  The wideout at top of the screen just waits for the TE to clear the way and then comes across giving House no lane to pursue. 

Ideally, there's a nickel there (Gratz in this case) but they caught the Jags thinking run and instead it's Dan Skuta trying to pick up the receiver. 

Easy touchdown and the TE was wide open too. 

They make it look pretty easy to get this defense out of position and mismatched with the pesudo-pick plays. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
In this play, Poz is playing man and Telvin is playing zone.

I have no idea who was in the right coverage, but they double cover the RB going out to the flat and leave the crossing routes uncovered.

Quote:I can't attest for living in Jax, but I've lived in Rochester NY, Tampa, and Orlando before coming to Bristol. I'd take Bristol over my FL experiences any day. I'd pick NY over here but I just can't do the FL thing. Jax is a cool city, and probably the only place in FL I would consider going to, but I can't live in that heat.

I'm still trying to convince my wife to go to the Northwest.

Give me mountains and snow over the beach any day
I lived in kingsport/Tazewell TN for most of last year. I wouldn't take it over Florida. You must like small mountain roads in the winter.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:He's got one guy to beat to get back to the line of scrimmage but those 3 other guys have all shed blocks so all angles are covered to get to the first down marker. It's 3rd down, you need to get to the first down marker not the line of scrimmage. If he beats #57 he's got at least 2 more guys coming at him...

I understand that. But like you said, if he runs forward, at worst we get back to the LOS. If the block is made on the CB, he might have a chance at the 1st down. But as often the case with TJ, he doesn't run forward. He dances and waits for all four defenders to converge on him and losses yardage. We can agree it wasn't a great play call. And maybe as the OC you should know TJ's tendencies (I'd rather have Denard attempt this play, as long as he doesn't fumble it). But as a player, you should know situational football. 

Make the catch, move forward, and take whatever yards you can get so we can kick instead of dancing and losing yardage.

Quote:I lived in kingsport/Tazewell TN for most of last year. I wouldn't take it over Florida. You must like small mountain roads in the winter.

I love winter and snow. And these roads in the winter are nothing compared to what I used to have to drive back in NY. I'll take it all day every day over FL's heat. 80 degrees + and myself don't get along well.

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS