Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Malik Jackson benched?

Hes a 3-4 d-end, so is odrick

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I bet Jack is thinking he should be playing too. He has to be losing confidence in these guys.

Not good.

Malik got some good pressure along with ngakoue and fowler. Not sure what is up with all the hate here.

Quote:I almost have to beleive he was benched for a non-performance reason, perhaps as mentioned, telling Walsh he sucks.

Malik was in the backfield creating pressure multiple times.

It's really stsrting to look like coaches losing the team...

Agreed.

Quote:Malik got some good pressure along with ngakoue and fowler. Not sure what is up with all the hate here.

He had 1 tackle in a game where the defense gave up 150 yards rushing. Roy Miller finished the game with 5 tackles. He's underperforming.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:He had 1 tackle in a game where the defense gave up 150 yards rushing. Roy Miller finished the game with 5 tackles. He's underperforming.

Tackles has no correlation to performance. If thats the case than Poz is basically our best player on defense every year.

He got plenty of pressute when i saw him. Our team had a terrible game, but I dont see why people are pointing the finger at him of all people.

Jackson had five pressures today. I didn't watch him closely, but based on that it appears he played pretty well in pass-rushing situations.

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast." - Alexander Pope

Quote:Jackson had five pressures today. I didn't watch him closely, but based on that it appears he played pretty well in pass-rushing situations.

It absolutely showed up even in casual observation. Malik played well. This had to be non-performance related.

Which is what I'd expext from this staff. Bench a player who is playing well while still defending Cyprien.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:It absolutely showed up even in casual observation. Malik played well. This had to be non-performance related.

Which is what I'd expext from this staff. Bench a player who is playing well while still defending Cyprien.
Yea, this guy clearly doesn't have an agenda with his Cyp hate....

Quote:Yea, this guy clearly doesn't have an agenda with his Cyp hate....

Agenda?

No agenda.

I have an opinion, though. Cyprien is terrible.

He showed that yet again today.
PA Jags Fan
;

Quote:Agenda?

No agenda.

Yea, your opinion, which is an agenda of obvious dislike towards Cyprien, no matter what.

If you think Cyprien was even close to the reason this team got smoked today, you have no clue what you're watching dude. He was one of the farthest away from the problem today.

Quote:Yea, your opinion, which is an agenda of obvious dislike towards Cyprien, no matter what.

If you think Cyprien was even close to the reason this team got smoked today, you have no clue what you're watching dude. He was one of the farthest away from the problem today.

I think you need to go look up what an agenda is.

To your point, no. Cyp was NOT the furthest thing. He was up to his normal bad angles, non tackling bad play as always.

He wasnt the only reason. He wasn't even the main reason. But his play was definitely a contributing factor to both losses so far.

Hes simply not good. He's a liability and it shows.

He's been one of Gus's favorites though for reasons I don't get... Except,well.. it's Gus.

He will be replaced next season.
PA Jags Fan
;

Quote:I think you need to go look up what an agenda is.

To your point, no. Cyp was NOT the furthest thing. He was up to his normal bad angles, non tackling bad play as always.

He wasnt the only reason. He wasn't even the main reason. But his play was definitely a contributing factor to both losses so far.

Hes simply not good. He's a liability and it shows.

He's been one of Gus's favorites though for reasons I don't get... Except,well.. it's Gus.

He will be replaced next season.
You have an agenda of hate against Cyprien and it's clear.

You can try and use Cyprien as part of the ploy all you want, but what screwed us today was this coaching staff thinking Skuta and Poz could cover/trail WRs across the middle in a wide open zone.

They're the ones who got lit up over and over again for big plays.

House had his own blunders and got smoked, but Rivers abused Poz and Skuta all game long over the middle.

Quote:You have an agenda of hate against Cyprien and it's clear.

You can try and use Cyprien as part of the ploy all you want, but what screwed us today was this coaching staff thinking Skuta and Poz could cover/trail WRs across the middle in a wide open zone.

House had his own blunders and got smoked, but Rivers abused Poz and Skuta all game long over the middle.

Again... Look up agenda. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Ploy? What ploy? Where have I gave any indication that there was not a glaring problem with play calling, scheme, other players failing to perform?

These things are not mutually exclusive. The scheme can suck and House can get beat and Cyp can be terrible all at the same time.

What's lost on you was the original point. Malik played well and was benched. Cyp is simply an example of a player who has repeatedly played poorly and has NOT been sat down for it.

Did you SEE the terrible body throw into the back of the receiver? Or the run up straight into the pile of 3 blockers while the runner ran 5 yards to the right of him?

Defend him all you like. Tape doesnt lie.
PA Jags Fan
;

Quote:Agenda?

No agenda.

I agree Cyprien is terrible

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:You have an agenda of hate against Cyprien and it's clear.

Doesn't matter.  It does not change he sucks.  He constantly misses tackles and horrible in coverage.  Cyprien is a liability.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

That TD when he and Gratz missed on the same tackle was hilarious. They are the whiff brothers.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:He's just on vacation collecting his pay check like everyone else on the team.

Who was that CB, Aaron Ross, that said that?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Again... Look up agenda. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Ploy? What ploy? Where have I gave any indication that there was not a glaring problem with play calling, scheme, other players failing to perform?

These things are not mutually exclusive. The scheme can suck and House can get beat and Cyp can be terrible all at the same time.

What's lost on you was the original point. Malik played well and was benched. Cyp is simply an example of a player who has repeatedly played poorly and has NOT been sat down for it.

Did you SEE the terrible body throw into the back of the receiver? Or the run up straight into the pile of 3 blockers while the runner ran 5 yards to the right of him?

Defend him all you like. Tape doesnt lie.
Cyp is going to be terrible in your eyes regardless of what happens. That's clear.

There's been nothing but assumptions and speculation on why Malik was benched.

Yea I seen the attempted shoulder/body tackle from Cyp, at like the 3 yard line. He was coming in for clean up duty on a play that was absolutely not his fault at all... He threw a shoulder into the WR, instead of wrapping up (yea not wrapping up was awful on his part), but at the same time Gratz was hitting said WR from the other side which kept him up right and able to end up in the end zone. That play was because of garbage LB play and it wasn't Cyp's fault at all.

I also remember seeing Cyp closing up into his gap, while Yannick didn't hold his edge on that run. Yannick moved up the field into the same spot that Cyp was coming down hill to fill his gap. Gordon then broke outside where Yannick would have been if he stayed on his spot.

Hate on him all you like. Tape doesn't lie.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2016, 11:45 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Yea, your opinion, which is an agenda of obvious dislike towards Cyprien, no matter what.

He definitely wasn't "one of the farthest away from the problem". That "tackle" on Tyrell Williams is about as Cyprian-ish as it gets.