Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Arizona’s chief election officer And Dem Candidate for Governor, Something is fishy

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2022, 08:09 AM by mikesez.)

(11-15-2022, 04:30 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Trump did this.

If only there were people warning you that Trump was hurting our party's chances...
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trump doesn't exist in a bubble. If he had the power of the media and establishment behind him, he would be unstoppable.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2022, 09:08 AM by The Real Marty. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-15-2022, 08:59 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Trump doesn't exist in a bubble. If he had the power of the media and establishment behind him, he would be unstoppable.

Then thank God he doesn't.

(11-15-2022, 04:20 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 08:52 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: And let me be clear. I am not a fan of Kari Lake. I think she's the wrong kind of candidate. I am tired of people overlooking the obvious because they are afraid of being labeled something.

Please elaborate.

Those sentences are two different trains of thought. They shouldn't be next to each other. I am not a fan of Kari Lake for AZ, and I will say why in the following paragraph. I am also tired of moderates overlooking the appearance of impropriety because they feel like they will be labeled something. You cannot have the appearance of impropriety in elections. 

Personally, I don't like Kari Lake, because I feel like she's too quick to invoke the name of God. It might be genuine. It might be fake. Not my call to make. Arizona is not a highly religious state, and I think it comes across as manufactured, which is bad business if you're considered a Trump candidate. I don't mind a prayer to open public meetings, but, for the most part, I think it's important for candidates to separate church and state, or at least give the appearance of it. In this, I think she has potential to turn off moderates. Only 39% of adults are protestant in AZ.

(11-15-2022, 09:22 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 04:20 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Please elaborate.

Those sentences are two different trains of thought. They shouldn't be next to each other. I am not a fan of Kari Lake for AZ, and I will say why in the following paragraph. I am also tired of moderates overlooking the appearance of impropriety because they feel like they will be labeled something. You cannot have the appearance of impropriety in elections. 

Personally, I don't like Kari Lake, because I feel like she's too quick to invoke the name of God. It might be genuine. It might be fake. Not my call to make. Arizona is not a highly religious state, and I think it comes across as manufactured, which is bad business if you're considered a Trump candidate. I don't mind a prayer to open public meetings, but, for the most part, I think it's important for candidates to separate church and state, or at least give the appearance of it. In this, I think she has potential to turn off moderates. Only 39% of adults are protestant in AZ.

If we are saying that AZ needs to tweak their system so that each county gets all of its vote counting done faster, I agree.

And I completely agree that it is usually good to pray and invoke God if you are in office, and usually bad to do so if you are campaigning.  It's good to connect the government's day to day activities to a higher purpose.  It's bad to imply that your opponent and the people who support your opponent are going to hell.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-15-2022, 10:16 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 09:22 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Those sentences are two different trains of thought. They shouldn't be next to each other. I am not a fan of Kari Lake for AZ, and I will say why in the following paragraph. I am also tired of moderates overlooking the appearance of impropriety because they feel like they will be labeled something. You cannot have the appearance of impropriety in elections. 

If we are saying that AZ needs to tweak their system so that each county gets all of its vote counting done faster, I agree.

And I completely agree that it is usually good to pray and invoke God if you are in office, and usually bad to do so if you are campaigning.  It's good to connect the government's day to day activities to a higher purpose.  It's bad to imply that your opponent and the people who support your opponent are going to hell.

Some of these states are not allowed to count their mail in ballots until election day.  Pennsylvania is that way.  Florida counts mail in ballots when they get them.  So even though Florida probably gets a lot of mail in ballots on election day, they are able to count enough of them in advance to be able to project a winner on election night.

(11-15-2022, 09:22 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 04:20 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Please elaborate.

In your eyes, is there an appearance of impropriety in this AZ election?  If so, what is it?

Election fraud was already a concern for the base of the Republican party in this election. The Republican legislature passed legislation to refine the voting process, but the outgoing Republican governor vetoed it, which made the situation even more suspect. Kari Lake basically ran on cleaning up election fraud.

Her opponent barely campaigned in comparison to Lake. She wouldn't debate Kari Lake. The polls, which notoriously underrepresent Republicans, predicted a win for Lake. On the day of elections, voting machines go out disproportionately affecting 10's of thousands of Republican voters who are told to put their ballots in a box to be removed from site and counted at a different location. That failure resulted in ridiculous wait times (which if you recall, is voter disenfranchisement, according to Dems), and a judge ruled that the polls couldn't stay open longer.

3 days after election day, AZ had only counted 70% of the votes. That's absurd. The request that Hobbs recuse herself from overseeing the election is denied, which, all by itself creates the appearance of impropriety.

Here's some interesting numbers: 200,000 more people voted in this election than last one in Maricopa County alone. Coincidentally, Hobbs got all 200k of those votes. Lake slightly underperformed Doucey, but their numbers were basically the same. Just so we're clear, that means only Democrats turned out in higher numbers? Lol, ok. The population in that county has only grown by 200k since 2018, so it's not like it's just Californians moving there.

Every time you get into the numbers you start seeing shady stuff like this. It would be one thing if you saw Lake taking massive dives in numbers from the previous year, but you don't. And, I know you want to believe everything you're told, but normally if you see a bump in voting numbers, the entirety of that bump doesn't go to one party. It just doesn't.... at least not without some sort of explanation (like Hispanics turning in FL).

(11-15-2022, 04:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Election fraud was already a concern for the base of the Republican party in this election. The Republican legislature passed legislation to refine the voting process, but the outgoing Republican governor vetoed it, which made the situation even more suspect. Kari Lake basically ran on cleaning up election fraud.

Her opponent barely campaigned in comparison to Lake. She wouldn't debate Kari Lake. The polls, which notoriously underrepresent Republicans, predicted a win for Lake. On the day of elections, voting machines go out disproportionately affecting 10's of thousands of Republican voters who are told to put their ballots in a box to be removed from site and counted at a different location. That failure resulted in ridiculous wait times (which if you recall, is voter disenfranchisement, according to Dems), and a judge ruled that the polls couldn't stay open longer.

3 days after election day, AZ had only counted 70% of the votes. That's absurd. The request that Hobbs recuse herself from overseeing the election is denied, which, all by itself creates the appearance of impropriety.

Here's some interesting numbers: 200,000 more people voted in this election than last one in Maricopa County alone. Coincidentally, Hobbs got all 200k of those votes. Lake slightly underperformed Doucey, but their numbers were basically the same. Just so we're clear, that means only Democrats turned out in higher numbers? Lol, ok. The population in that county has only grown by 200k since 2018, so it's not like it's just Californians moving there.

Every time you get into the numbers you start seeing shady stuff like this. It would be one thing if you saw Lake taking massive dives in numbers from the previous year, but you don't. And, I know you want to believe everything you're told, but normally if you see a bump in voting numbers, the entirety of that bump doesn't go to one party. It just doesn't.... at least not without some sort of explanation (like Hispanics turning in FL).

1) The voting machines went down in Maricopa County, where the voting is run by Republicans.  Did the Republicans in Maricopa County conspire to torpedo their own candidate?  

2) You don't know that the voting machine outage disproportionately affected Republicans.  You have no way of knowing how many Republicans or Democrats were standing in line when that happened.  Maricopa County is about 50-50 Dems vs Republicans.  And by the way, voting machine malfunctions happen every election day all over the country.  It's not unusual.  

3) The counting process is being slowed down because of an unusually large number of mail in ballots were dropped off at election headquarters on election day by people who didn't want to use the drop boxes.  No one knows why.  Maybe they were intimidated by the armed men at the drop boxes.  And all those ballots that were dropped off on election day have to go through signature verification.  

4) Only Democrats turned out in higher numbers?  You have no way of knowing that.  You assume that because someone voted for Hobbs, that means they are a Democrat.  It could be that both parties turned out in higher numbers, and more of them voted for Hobbs than voted for Lake.  And what if Democrats did turn out in higher numbers?  So what?  

5) "...normally if you see a bump in voting numbers, the entirety of that bump doesn't go to one party."  Why not?  Maybe a bunch of people who hadn't voted before came out to vote against Kari Lake.  

6) "200,000 more people voted in this election than last one in Maricopa County alone. Coincidentally, Hobbs got all 200k of those votes."  IF it is true that 200,000 new voters voted, you cannot know that the 200,000 new voters all voted for Hobbs.  I'm sure you're smart enough to understand that.  

Look, anyone can cherry-pick facts and make up some sort of theory.  I think that's what you've done in this case.

Anyone can also explain away facts and make up some sort of story. I think that's what YOU'VE done in this case. See how that works?

Look dude, anyone can speculate. This is the problem and the main reason I am saying we need to make sure our elections are above reproach. You explaining away facts is literally just a different way of interpreting data. Why don't you get that? I could waste my time actually disputing why half of what you posted above is incorrect historically and how that is how we build statistical models, but that would be a waste of time, especially since that's not really my concern.

I CAN'T PROVE THEY ARE CHEATING. I freely admit that. Nothing I posted above is PROOF of anything. Just like none of your rebuttals prove anything. However, that doesn't matter, because I am not concerned with one election. I want moderates and progressives and conservatives alike to agree that we shouldn't be interpreting data. It should be unquestionably clear. We have the capacity to do that, but we don't. Why not? Why is this not one of the MOST important issues? Oh, that's right, because you're told it doesn't matter... even though many, many people feel disenfranchised. That last part? That's really important.

(11-15-2022, 05:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 04:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Election fraud was already a concern for the base of the Republican party in this election. The Republican legislature passed legislation to refine the voting process, but the outgoing Republican governor vetoed it, which made the situation even more suspect. Kari Lake basically ran on cleaning up election fraud.

1) The voting machines went down in Maricopa County, where the voting is run by Republicans.  Did the Republicans in Maricopa County conspire to torpedo their own candidate?  

2) You don't know that the voting machine outage disproportionately affected Republicans.  You have no way of knowing how many Republicans or Democrats were standing in line when that happened.  Maricopa County is about 50-50 Dems vs Republicans.  And by the way, voting machine malfunctions happen every election day all over the country.  It's not unusual.  

3) The counting process is being slowed down because of an unusually large number of mail in ballots were dropped off at election headquarters on election day by people who didn't want to use the drop boxes.  No one knows why.  Maybe they were intimidated by the armed men at the drop boxes.  And all those ballots that were dropped off on election day have to go through signature verification.  

4) Only Democrats turned out in higher numbers?  You have no way of knowing that.  You assume that because someone voted for Hobbs, that means they are a Democrat.  It could be that both parties turned out in higher numbers, and more of them voted for Hobbs than voted for Lake.  And what if Democrats did turn out in higher numbers?  So what?  

5) "...normally if you see a bump in voting numbers, the entirety of that bump doesn't go to one party."  Why not?  Maybe a bunch of people who hadn't voted before came out to vote against Kari Lake.  

6) "200,000 more people voted in this election than last one in Maricopa County alone. Coincidentally, Hobbs got all 200k of those votes."  IF it is true that 200,000 new voters voted, you cannot know that the 200,000 new voters all voted for Hobbs.  I'm sure you're smart enough to understand that.  

Look, anyone can cherry-pick facts and make up some sort of theory.  I think that's what you've done in this case.

1,2, and 3 are all caused by democrats.

1) Definitely. He is a liberal [BLEEP], that has donated money to leftists extreme groups. He also looks like a pedo so they may be using dirt on him or he is just a RINO.

2) 30% of the county had issues. Only 17% of voters who checked in were democrats on election day.

3) The counting process is slowed down because they use a 3rd party company to "prescan" the ballots to supposedly verify the signatures. The issue is they have no traceability, no tracking, and no chain of custody on the ballots. They supposedly know how many ballots went into that building but they have no clue that the actual ballots that were sent in came out. It's how they can cheat and have ballots match for a hand recount.

The rest are all proven false and mathematically impossible.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk