Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rourke deserves to get a shot at the 2s after that performance.

I think Trevor feels more comfortable with CJ holding the clipboard. Don’t think their ever was a competition for the #2. The question has become does the team carry three QB’s and if so who gets cut to make room??

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-20-2023, 08:21 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-19-2023, 09:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Just don't be surprised when CJ is still on the 53 come cut day.

Never said he wouldn’t.  I said IF they only keep two that Rourke should be the backup.

CJ referred to Trevor as his "best friend", they're close. Doug has said multiple times he wants to keep as much consistency around Trevor as possible. Getting rid of CJ would go completely against that.

Put Rourke on the PS. Don't waste the roster spot keeping 3 QBs on the 53. If a team snatches him up in waivers, or off the PS, so be it. Wont be a big loss. Y'all putting way too much stock in somebody who played a preseason game against guys who will be selling used cars soon.

(08-20-2023, 04:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 08:21 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Never said he wouldn’t.  I said IF they only keep two that Rourke should be the backup.

CJ referred to Trevor as his "best friend", they're close. Doug has said multiple times he wants to keep as much consistency around Trevor as possible. Getting rid of CJ would go completely against that.

Put Rourke on the PS. Don't waste the roster spot keeping 3 QBs on the 53. If a team snatches him up in waivers, or off the PS, so be it. Wont be a big loss. Y'all putting way too much stock in somebody who played a preseason game against guys who will be selling used cars soon.

No way he stays on the practice squad.  They try that and he's gone.

LOL.  And Beathard has been playing against scrubs too and doesn't look near as good.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-20-2023, 05:17 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 04:24 PM)Eric1 Wrote: CJ referred to Trevor as his "best friend", they're close. Doug has said multiple times he wants to keep as much consistency around Trevor as possible. Getting rid of CJ would go completely against that.

No way he stays on the practice squad.  They try that and he's gone.

LOL.  And Beathard has been playing against scrubs too and doesn't look near as good.

So then he'd be gone, not a big loss.

It doesn't matter who the back up QB is at the end of the day. If Trevor goes down we're screwed, so who cares. Keep whoever he's most comfortable with and that's CJ.

(08-20-2023, 05:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 05:17 PM)RicoTx Wrote: No way he stays on the practice squad.  They try that and he's gone.

So then he'd be gone, not a big loss.

It doesn't matter who the back up QB is at the end of the day. If Trevor goes down we're screwed, so who cares. Keep whoever he's most comfortable with and that's CJ.

So ‘keep who he’s comfortable with’ rather than the better player.  Makes perfect sense.

(08-20-2023, 09:59 AM)wg171 Wrote: I think Trevor feels more comfortable with CJ holding the clipboard. Don’t think their ever was a competition for the #2. The question has become does the team carry three QB’s and if so who gets cut to make room??

Why would he feel more comfortable? Does a starting QB really care much who the backup is? 
Honest questions. I’m not trying to be provocative.

(08-20-2023, 05:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 09:59 AM)wg171 Wrote: I think Trevor feels more comfortable with CJ holding the clipboard. Don’t think their ever was a competition for the #2. The question has become does the team carry three QB’s and if so who gets cut to make room??

Why would he feel more comfortable? Does a starting QB really care much who the backup is? 

Frankly I find it odd that people think a third year quarterback needs somebody as a security blanket especially when he’s supposed to be the team leader.

(08-20-2023, 05:54 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 05:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why would he feel more comfortable? Does a starting QB really care much who the backup is? 

Frankly I find it odd that people think a third year quarterback needs somebody as a security blanket especially when he’s supposed to be the team leader.

Especially someone with far less talent. 

From what we’ve seen so far, Rourke displays a much better ability of keeping the team afloat should Lawrence get injured.

(08-20-2023, 05:44 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 05:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So then he'd be gone, not a big loss.

So ‘keep who he’s comfortable with’ rather than the better player.  Makes perfect sense.

We don't even know if Rourke is the better player lol. 3 quarters of preseason football isn't enough of a sample size.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2023, 06:16 PM by Eric1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-20-2023, 05:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Apparently they're really good friends off the field as well. They live right by each other, hang out a bunch. CJ has said that they're always over at each others house going over the Offense, film etc etc.

(08-20-2023, 05:44 PM)RicoTx Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 05:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So then he'd be gone, not a big loss.

You have a preference for more athletic players. Fair enough but “more athletic” doesn’t necessarily mean better. Go listen to what Pederson has to say about Beathard. Rourke is an interesting project but there was a reason the dude was playing in the CFL.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(08-20-2023, 06:24 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 05:44 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So ‘keep who he’s comfortable with’ rather than the better player.  Makes perfect sense.

You have a preference for more athletic players. Fair enough but “more athletic” doesn’t necessarily mean better. Go listen to what Pederson has to say about Beathard. Rourke is an interesting project but there was a reason the dude was playing in the CFL.

Kurt Warner came from AFL because no NFL team would give him a chance. I'm not saying Rourke is Kurt Warner, but let's not assume he isn't talented just because he came from the CFL.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2023, 07:06 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-20-2023, 06:24 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 05:44 PM)RicoTx Wrote: So ‘keep who he’s comfortable with’ rather than the better player.  Makes perfect sense.

There was a reason Kurt Warner was playing in the Arena League…

More athletic player?  How about a much better arm.

(08-20-2023, 06:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

We don't even know if Rourke is the better player lol. 3 quarters of preseason football isn't enough of a sample size.

Sure, but we do know what we are getting with CJ and it's not good.

I would like to see Rourke get more snaps with the first/second team to see what he looks like.

(08-20-2023, 07:03 PM)Charlie Sheen Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 06:24 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: You have a preference for more athletic players. Fair enough but “more athletic” doesn’t necessarily mean better. Go listen to what Pederson has to say about Beathard. Rourke is an interesting project but there was a reason the dude was playing in the CFL.

Kurt Warner came from AFL because no NFL team would give him a chance. I'm not saying Rourke is Kurt Warner, but let's not assume he isn't talented just because he came from the CFL.

LOL 

Was just posting the same.

Let’s not mention the passing records Rourke broke in the CFL. Yes, he has a small body of work here, but it’s clearly visible that he has better mobility and a better arm than Beathard.

Why sign him in the off-season if it’s set in stone that Beathard is the backup?

(08-20-2023, 07:13 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Why sign him in the off-season if it’s set in stone that Beathard is the backup?

You need more than 2 QBs in camp.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2023, 07:22 PM by Eric1.)

Heres Doug's presser from yesterday. At the 2:06 minute mark is where he gets asked if there's a QB competition and then gets asked why he likes CJ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfuPmjg1G0A

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2023, 07:35 PM by RicoTx. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-20-2023, 07:15 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-20-2023, 07:13 PM)RicoTx Wrote: Why sign him in the off-season if it’s set in stone that Beathard is the backup?

You need more than 2 QBs in camp.

So sign him to a two year contract because you need more than two QBs in camp rather than bringing in some scrub that would come in for next to nothing for one year.