Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looking into the crystal ball - 1st quarter

Quote:I can see 3-1 with the lone loss to the Packers. A couple weeks ago I liked the Jaguars chances in this game, but now the Packers just appear all around too solid for this team to handle, and Lacy will probably massacre our new defense. I'm hoping the loss ignites a fire under them, and that they take out their frustrations in San Diego with a win. This is also a revenge game from last year when the two teams looked identical aside from the Rivers scoring TDs in the red zone while the Jaguars kept having to kick FGs.

With the win, a little confidence should go a long ways. I like their chances to beat the Ravens and Colts, but by no means do I think either game will be "easy." I expect them to brawl, scratch and claw their way to victory. The Ravens run game scares me a tad, but I see Bortles and the Allens out-scoring them. As for the Colts, I'm hoping for a big win with the Jaguars starting to prove we have their number, but chances are it comes down to the wire.

I am very worried about the Chargers. We always suck on the West Coast as if it was a curse on the team. They will have Joey Bosa, who is a wild card because of his long holdout. Keenan Allen is back. Even at home we don't play well against the Chargers. We have seen many times revenge does not help us beat them when Philip Rivers is the quarterback. Well, except for Malik Jackson, of course.

Never underrate the Packers. I don't know why anybody would look at their 2015 season and say they are regressing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

aaron rodgers is gonna TORCH this soft defense

they will fail to get any kind of pressure on him all game long, he pushes for 400 yards and 4 TDs in an embarrassingly easy win

we will beat the colts

lose to the ravens

and a close loss to the chargers who own the jaguars

It is too early to call our defense soft. Aaron Rodgers will torch us because he is Aaron Rodgers.

Why are you worried about the Ravens?

Quote:I can see 3-1 with the lone loss to the Packers. A couple weeks ago I liked the Jaguars chances in this game, but now the Packers just appear all around too solid for this team to handle, and Lacy will probably massacre our new defense. I'm hoping the loss ignites a fire under them, and that they take out their frustrations in San Diego with a win. This is also a revenge game from last year when the two teams looked identical aside from the Rivers scoring TDs in the red zone while the Jaguars kept having to kick FGs.

With the win, a little confidence should go a long ways. I like their chances to beat the Ravens and Colts, but by no means do I think either game will be "easy." I expect them to brawl, scratch and claw their way to victory. The Ravens run game scares me a tad, but I see Bortles and the Allens out-scoring them. As for the Colts, I'm hoping for a big win with the Jaguars starting to prove we have their number, but chances are it comes down to the wire.

We've been hoping that each loss will light a fire under them for years now...

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 09:03 PM by paksat.)

Quote:It is too early to call our defense soft. Aaron Rodgers will torch us because he is Aaron Rodgers.

Why are you worried about the Ravens?

I know a gus bradly defense and team when I see it

and in prime time with everyone watching, we got to see it in it's disgusting beauty

I've watched almost 4 years of this, this.. this "trend"

There WILL be mental mistakes, untimely penalties, head scratching penalties... and a will to lose

They will FIND A WAY to lose no matter what the cost

Joe Flacco is the QB of the ravens, a winner, and we can't put him on his hind end.. that's why we will lose

I think the Colts and Chargers will be bad this year.  Thus I have those 2 games as wins.  I am not sure about the Ravens since they were so injured last year.  The Packers will probably be a loss but the their D is not that good and so the Jags should be able to keep the game close.  I think they need to go at least 2-2 but 3-1 is possible. 

Paksat, nobody knows the 2016 Jaguars defense yet - not even Dave Caldwell, the man who must decide who to cut before September 4. Until everyone knows all defensive players on the final roster nobody can say they know the defense.

Quote:I think the Colts and Chargers will be bad this year.  Thus I have those 2 games as wins.  I am not sure about the Ravens since they were so injured last year.  The Packers will probably be a loss but the their D is not that good and so the Jags should be able to keep the game close.  I think they need to go at least 2-2 but 3-1 is possible. 

The Chargers were bad last year and killed us. The Ravens have a lot of injuries this year too. I will be very surprised if the Jaguars can catch up with Aaron Rodgers on offense.

Quote:Paksat, nobody knows the 2016 Jaguars defense yet - not even Dave Caldwell, the man who must decide who to cut before September 4. Until everyone knows all defensive players on the final roster nobody can say they know the defense.

I look at who is coaching them and I know what I'm looking at

for instance, how much QB pressure have you seen from this group this entire preseason?

Quote:I look at who is coaching them and I know what I'm looking at

for instance, how much QB pressure have you seen from this group this entire preseason?

You have no idea what "players, not plays" means, obviously.

September 11 - Jacksonville vs. Green Bay - A lot of things need to go right for us to win this one. Great first test for this team, and this is the game where the 90 million dollar man, Malik, needs to show out. I like how our secondary matches up with the Packer WRs, but if we don't hurry Rogers, he's going to nickel and dime us to death. Offensively, we need to have long sustained drives with success in the running game. Because our offensive line is so questionable, it's hard to predict a win against a good Packers team. Plus, we haven't beat an elite qb in many, many years.

September 18 - Jacksonville @ San Diego - Although we struggle on the west coast, this one is winnable just because we have more talent than San Diego does.

September 25 - Jacksonville vs. Baltimore - the Ravens are well-coached, and last season was a fluke. This one will be a tough game to win.

October 2 - *Jacksonville vs. Indianapolis - We honestly should dominate this one. We have the horses to win the LOS on both sides of the ball, and we have the defensive backs to cover Hilton, Moncrief, and Dorsett. Dwayne Allen worries me, so hopefully, we are improved against the TE. Our offensive line is questionable, but they should start getting into a little groove by this game, and we should have success running the ball.

I'd say 2-2. Anything worse and I'll be heavily disappointed going into the bye week. 2 and a half home games, we should atleast win 2.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:With a pretty young team, the Jaguars should get better as the season moves on as long as injuries don't get out of control. As the team is finding it's way, I think a 2-2 or 1-3 start are the most likely outcomes. I'll currently go with 2-2, with one of the wins coming against the Colts in London. The familiarity the Jags have in playing in London should help them against a Colts team that's currently dealing with numerous injuries. One thing for sure, Gus Bradley can't afford an 0-4 start. Even with the team having plenty of youth, the talent on the team seems too good to have a 4 game losing streak providing Blake Bortles remains relatively healthy.

As a voice of control and patience, I'm curious, if you are Jags brass, would you fire Gus if he starts 0-4? Considering talent volume and the potential to make the season respectable.

***I know we are starting 9-0, Omaha confirmed that much, just your take hypothetically.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:As a voice of control and patience, I'm curious, if you are Jags brass, would you fire Gus if he starts 0-4? Considering talent volume and the potential to make the season respectable.

***I know we are starting 9-0, Omaha confirmed that much, just your take hypothetically.

Of course you don't fire him after only four games. Even thinking about that would be stupid.

If this team starts 0-4, Gus will be gone.

Quote:If this team starts 0-4, Gus will be gone.

Definitely not. Shad Khan  has made it very clear he will not fired Gus before this season is over.

Thank you for your astute input, JW. The question was contextually posed to a particular poster - as a follow up to HIS response. I'm sorry, we don't have a private, in-thread conversation feature.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Thank you for your astute input, JW. The question was contextually posed to a particular poster - as a follow up to HIS response. I'm sorry, we don't have a private, in-thread conversation feature.

That is why we do have a private message system in forum member profiles.

In this thread I learned that unless my team goes 16-0 I'm not allowed to be happy. Performing better than expected in a game I expected them to lose isn't something I'm allowed to be happy about. Outstanding individual performances can't make me happy. Only a win. Which is why the week three preseason game was the best one we had.

I can't see this team going out and beating a seasoned GB team that is a perennial playoff contender. Probable loss.

SD, Balt, and Indy are toss ups but need to find a way to go 2-1.

This team will get better and better as the year goes on so if we can stay at 500 through the first half of the season, playoffs aren't out of the picture.

If we start 2-2 I would be ecstatic...