Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
9ers talk. What’s the game plan?

Niners just got chase young. Him and bosa is going to be scary. Pray for trevor.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-31-2023, 02:38 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Niners just got chase young. Him and bosa is going to be scary. Pray for trevor.

Meh. Maybe. 49ers should be more concerned with Purdy and their offense Vs. our defense in my opinion. We already went through Buffalo and Pittsburgh recently. 49ers defense has been below expectations this year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Hopefully he won’t be up to speed with their system yet.

I don't care if he is or isn't up to speed. We'll ultimately outscore the 49ers because Lawrence >>>>>>>>>>> Purdy.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-31-2023, 02:38 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Niners just got chase young. Him and bosa is going to be scary. Pray for trevor.

I’ll just keep reminding myself that Chase Young and Nick Bosa have less sacks combined than Josh Allen this season.

Lost in the Ezra shuffle was no announcement of a flex. 1pm it is.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(10-31-2023, 12:32 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(10-31-2023, 12:02 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: I definitely get where your coming from and the New York market will always be popular with SNF. My only real complaint is SNF is meant to be the game of the week, the one most people want to watch and Jets-Raiders isn't it. Don't SNF get a limit of how many games they can flex so maybe they just hold out so have options towards the end of the year.

Also, that Ravens Browns game is compelling.  If they do flex, it might be to that over us.  

There has been a bias against our market with prime time games and commercial breaks during the draft for a loooong time. I’ll believe we get flexed in to prime time when I see it.

There was talk on Twitter that Fox protected Jax-SF so that it couldn't get flexed.  No idea if that means that NBC wanted to flex and Fox blocked it or if Fox declared it protected and NBC never got a chance to make a decision one way or the other.

Also, along with the NY market, the Jets were supposed to be rolling with Rodgers this season.  Both of those are pretty big reasons for them getting as many PT games as they did.

(10-31-2023, 05:39 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Lost in the Ezra shuffle was no announcement of a flex. 1pm it is.

I do think this should have been the SNF, but I'm very happy it's a 1pm game. Plenty of west coast teams struggle with the early start and with them coming off the bye it may be something that can give us the edge.

(10-31-2023, 05:54 PM)empty Wrote:
(10-31-2023, 12:32 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Also, that Ravens Browns game is compelling.  If they do flex, it might be to that over us.  

There has been a bias against our market with prime time games and commercial breaks during the draft for a loooong time. I’ll believe we get flexed in to prime time when I see it.

There was talk on Twitter that Fox protected Jax-SF so that it couldn't get flexed.  No idea if that means that NBC wanted to flex and Fox blocked it or if Fox declared it protected and NBC never got a chance to make a decision one way or the other.

Also, along with the NY market, the Jets were supposed to be rolling with Rodgers this season.  Both of those are pretty big reasons for them getting as many PT games as they did.
FOX has to protect it first. Generally the 4pm game would be protected but I guess they knew NBC wouldn't want that game. It is weird that the NFL wouldn't force the game to 4pm then.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(10-30-2023, 06:53 PM)Jagulars Wrote: McCaffrey destroyed the Jaguars defense on the last meet when he was in Carolina. Stop him and this game should go to the Jaguars.

That was the game where they ran the same running play like 9 times in a row and we had no answer

(11-01-2023, 04:02 AM)Kane Wrote:
(10-30-2023, 06:53 PM)Jagulars Wrote: McCaffrey destroyed the Jaguars defense on the last meet when he was in Carolina. Stop him and this game should go to the Jaguars.

That was the game where they ran the same running play like 9 times in a row and we had no answer

Yeah drove me crazy watching that. But that was a different defense. We’re really strong against the run this year.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I feel like this will be a really tough game, but if we play our best ball, we can beat anyone

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2023, 09:28 AM by Mikey.)

Get turnovers and keep their D on the field. Wear them down into fine powder.

(10-31-2023, 05:54 PM)empty Wrote:
(10-31-2023, 12:32 AM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Also, that Ravens Browns game is compelling.  If they do flex, it might be to that over us.  

Crap. Fawks means TLH will be subjected to the fargin' failcons game.

Guess I spend Sunday at the bar!

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2023, 09:51 AM by NewJagsCity. Edited 2 times in total.)

(10-31-2023, 03:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Meh. Maybe. 49ers should be more concerned with Purdy and their offense Vs. our defense in my opinion. We already went through Buffalo and Pittsburgh recently. 49ers defense has been below expectations this year.

Yep. Read the 9ers and Commodes message boards, and you'll find that A) DC Wilkes is the problem in SF, and B) Young is injury prone and washed already at age 24. Right now, I believe all of A and some of B. SF already has big names on that DL and they are being schemed into ineffectiveness.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

I expect Shannahan to be in his bag coming out of a BYE week and having lost 3 in a row.

This will be a huge test for our DLine and OLine.

(11-01-2023, 10:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I expect Shannahan to be in his bag coming out of a BYE week and having lost 3 in a row.

Yeah it'd be hard to imagine this Niners team losing 4 straight. They are gonna be very hungry for a win to right their ship. Will be interesting to see how this one goes.

(11-01-2023, 11:28 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(11-01-2023, 10:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I expect Shannahan to be in his bag coming out of a BYE week and having lost 3 in a row.

Yeah it'd be hard to imagine this Niners team losing 4 straight. They are gonna be very hungry for a win to right their ship. Will be interesting to see how this one goes.

We're going to win by 14+.

Early line has SF as 2.5 point favorites in our house. So they're saying they are 5.5 points better than us on a neutral feild. That seems a little disrespectful to me.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2023, 01:03 PM by Caldrac. Edited 3 times in total.)

(11-01-2023, 12:36 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Early line has SF as 2.5 point favorites in our house. So they're saying they are 5.5 points better than us on a neutral feild. That seems a little disrespectful to me.

Because it is disrespectful. Especially when you consider we're on a 5 game winning streak and they're on a 3 game losing streak. Our defense is better. Our QB is better. Our skill position group is better. 

I wouldn't be shocked at all coming out of this bye week with our team thumping them by 14+. I expect them to mop the floor with them now. Looking for Walker's breakout game of 2023 in this one in particular. 

Purdy continues to show issues with ball security and if you take McCaffrey out of the equation he turns into a duck on water and a mistake or two just waiting to happen.

I expect them to try and do exactly what the Saints did. Quick hitters, easy routes over the middle, isolation attempts with McCaffrey on our linebacking core and an occasional shot or two taken deep for Aiyuk or Samuel.

I bet we'll stay disciplined like we always have this year on defense and our zone coverage looks will result in at least two interceptions off of Purdy.

He's been bad about reading zone coverages over the middle. It showed in their losses to the Vikings and Bengals. Something Oluokon and Lloyd have been excelling at this year.

(11-01-2023, 09:49 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(10-31-2023, 03:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Meh. Maybe. 49ers should be more concerned with Purdy and their offense Vs. our defense in my opinion. We already went through Buffalo and Pittsburgh recently. 49ers defense has been below expectations this year.

Yep. Read the 9ers and Commodes message boards, and you'll find that A) DC Wilkes is the problem in SF, and B) Young is injury prone and washed already at age 24. Right now, I believe all of A and some of B. SF already has big names on that DL and they are being schemed into ineffectiveness.

He's no doubt been injury prone but he's having probably his best season to date, at least pass rushing wise.  NextGenStats has him at his best pressure rate ever (~17%) and 5th in the NFL in total pressure at 40 (8 behind the league leading Josh Allen).  PFF also ranks him incredibly highly in his pass rushing stats.  He's generally rated as a top 5ish pass rusher in any pressure rate and win rate stat.