Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley presser

Quote:There are any number of reasons for teams performing poorly in preseason besides players rejecting a coach's philosophy and coaches not being able to get talented players to do things properly.

T.J. Yeldon fumbled on the first drive of the first quarter, but did not fumble at any time afterward. Could Bradley not get him to hold onto the ball after the fumble?

Mike Fox has taken two different teams to the Super Bowl, and his Bears have been shut out and held to 7 points in successive weeks. Are they not well coached?

No we could not stop the run this week and against the Jets, but did a decent job against the Bucs this year and most of the season last year.

Again, I never said this was a well coached team. I just asked you for specifics in the two specific and unusual critiques you cited.
You mean Jon fox right?
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You mean Jon fox right?
Yes...John Fox.

I said Mike?

Mea culpa.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Shhh... the pitchforkers need something to wring hands over in the preseason.

We looked like complete crap out there. But to those saying this just shows how poor a coach Gus is don't really know football.

Don't tell me we weren't prepared. First drive we're moving along OK, Yeldon fumbles. (That ain't on Gus)

Bortles and Linder false starting? Not on Gus.

Let me know when Gus made a boneheaded decision during the game. (Maybe he should have let Bortles go out and score against 2's?)

-shrug- same ol same from the MB crowd though. Gotta be super mad and gotta fire someone.

They look that bad to start the regular season, with real game planning and the actual starting order going... I'll get a lil hot under the collar. Until then, people should relax a bit.

How about the TD called bk? Or horrible playcalling? And horrible player management? The teams performance is a direct reflection of the head coach..

I really don't see how it is Gus's fault that Pullard did not report on the TD.  At what point does the player take responsibility?  I am sure he's been told 100 times to report when he comes in as a FB.

Anyone expecting the offensive line to look perfect last night with significant changes at LT and LG is fooling themselves, especially against a stout D-Line like Cinci's.

I just looked outside, and contrary to public opinion, the sky is not falling.

"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Quote:I really don't see how it is Gus's fault that Pullard did not report on the TD.  At what point does the player take responsibility?  I am sure he's been told 100 times to report when he comes in as a FB.

Anyone expecting the offensive line to look perfect last night with significant changes at LT and LG is fooling themselves, especially against a stout D-Line like Cinci's.

Well, during his post game, Bradley took responsibility for the Pullard penalty, and said twice that the team got punched in the mouth.

But all anyone heard was ice cream and sprinkles.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Shhh... the pitchforkers need something to wring hands over in the preseason.

We looked like complete crap out there. But to those saying this just shows how poor a coach Gus is don't really know football.

Don't tell me we weren't prepared. First drive we're moving along OK, Yeldon fumbles. (That ain't on Gus)

Bortles and Linder false starting? Not on Gus.

Let me know when Gus made a boneheaded decision during the game. (Maybe he should have let Bortles go out and score against 2's?)

-shrug- same ol same from the MB crowd though. Gotta be super mad and gotta fire someone.

They look that bad to start the regular season, with real game planning and the actual starting order going... I'll get a lil hot under the collar. Until then, people should relax a bit.

Same ol stuff since Bradley stepped into the building. This team has looked undisciplined and unprepared week after week. It starts at the top

Quote:How about the TD called bk? Or horrible playcalling? And horrible player management? The teams performance is a direct reflection of the head coach..
ZZZZZ

Quote:How about the TD called bk? Or horrible playcalling? And horrible player management? The teams performance is a direct reflection of the head coach..
The TD where the LB didn't check in as eligible? That's on the LB. But I'll give ya that one since Gus even took the hit himself. 

Horrible player management? Like what? Trying to see if Joker can play LG while starting Beachum at LT? Having Miller off? Did he bench House for Gratz or trying our superstar brand new toy out?

When you play like crap as a player, sometimes it just means you played like crap.

Gussy-poo sure had them ready the first 2 games?

No? They played well in spite of him.

Rinse. Repeat.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote:Same ol stuff since Bradley stepped into the building. This team has looked undisciplined and unprepared week after week. It starts at the top
But they looked pretty good in the other two games, so....

Maybe since it is starting at the top, maybe we should blame Caldwell?

Or Khan?

At some point you guys need to realize a notion long forgotten by millennials. Responsibility for one's self. Gus didn't make Yeldon fumble. He wasn't the reason Joker got manhandled. He isn't the reason Bortles was throwing a bit off.

Sorry guys...

don't worry though... hope for enough loses and Gus will be gone and then you can move on to complaining and firing the next one.

Wallbash

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 10:56 AM by Ronster.)

I like Gus, I want Gus to succeed. IDK, is too much to ask for good players to execute fundamental football basics? They looked really bad against a good team, on both sides of the ball, especially at the line. They got man handled. LOL, Luke got knocked on his butt TWICE last night, both at Tackle and Guard.  

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 11:01 AM by The_Anchorman.)

When you're in a practice where execution isn't harped on, you get lackadaisical effort and Sloppy technically...

Hense, the LBer not checking in as eligible is one of many examples of how Gus' coaching style is doing a disservice to the players.

Quote:I really don't see how it is Gus's fault that Pullard did not report on the TD.  At what point does the player take responsibility?  I am sure he's been told 100 times to report when he comes in as a FB.

It is 100% the player's responsibility to report himself eligible for the next play after the coach tells him to line up as a fullback. Gus Bradley took responsibility because that is what head coaches do.

I thought it looked weird seeing #52 on both offense and defense.

Quote:When you're in a practice where execution isn't harped on, you get lackadaisical effort and Sloppy technically...

Hense, the LBer not checking in as eligible is one of many examples of how Gus' coaching style is doing a disservice to the players.

What does Bradley's coaching style have to do with Pullard not reporting himself?

It's not. He's covering for him.

The offense was off. I don't see where that was on Gus. Joeckel at guard was a disaster. The run blocking in general failed, so all those run plays and screen passes killed the drives. This is preseason, and the team was practicing plays. In a real game there is more urgency to go with what you know will work.

The defense is a different story. The offense decides the play, the defense has to respond. There is no "practicing plays" excuse there.

Look at the DBs who have been drafted. Not a single one has improved over his rookie play. Same with Telvin; he looked just as good if not better in his very first preseason game in 2014. Where was the player development? This is 100% on Gus, and it's not just this game. It has been evident in the real games in previous years.

The DL doesn't have any drafted rookies in previous seasons to have failed in development yet, and Abry Jones has clearly developed, so I see no problem with that facet of the defense ... yet. I'm not sure how much the DL was responsible for the failure of the run defense; a lot of it was on the LBs and SS.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Now that linebackers are allowed to wear 40s numbers, in hindsight I think maybe Pullard is wearing the wrong number. Give him 42 and someone else 52.

Whatever Gus did before that home game against the Colts last year, he needs to do that every single day before every game

I wonder if Gus had another locker room dance party to celebrate the victory.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I wonder if Gus had another locker room dance party to celebrate the victory.
I wonder... if you have ANY other jokes?

Even if they are equally as unfunny, at least switch it up.

Your vanilla schtick is getting crusty bro

Quote:ICE CREAM CONES AND SUNDAES WITH SPRINKLES FOR EVERY BODY!!!

Sprinkles are for winners...

Although technically they did win

Quote:Sprinkles are for winners...

Although technically they did win
Yep.

First two games, 1st team was hot 

this board - we never win, waaaah

3rd game, 1st team was crap but we win

this board - fire bradley!!! ice cream, pizza, weiners!!!

Quote:Yep.

First two games, 1st team was hot

this board - we never win, waaaah

3rd game, 1st team was crap but we win

this board - fire bradley!!! ice cream, pizza, weiners!!!

Kane you sound upset that people are bashing Gus?? Where do you think the blame suppose to go after 4 years of the same stuff.. Nobody wants to see the same undisciplined,unfocused, crap! From Joeckel getting put on the dirt all night, to a defense that cant get off the field on third downs..

The penalties yeah they are the players fault but its the coach fault if you dont set an example for what happens when you get penalized,or what happens when you fumble,or what happens when you get put on your butt all night.

Is Gus setting an example?? No!!