Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus needs to go immediately

Quote:If this continues into the season, Gus will be gone.

Lol yea right. Your boy Gus just needs 4 more years to make progress. We changed towel boys this year so he needs time to adjust. Maybe he can hire your hero Jean Smiff as assistant head coach next year for some help.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If this continues into the season, Gus will be gone.

Yep...for me, it's just 2 years too late unfortunately...and I'm not sure a new coach can get the train on the right tracks their first season even with our talent.  So, it may not be until the 2018 season that we make the playoffs.

FWIW, I totally hope Gus pans out and proves us wrong.

Quote:I'm starting to hate Gus as much as I hate Corrine Brown..
How about Hilliary?

Quote:Hardly.

If the team looks like this when the games matter, Gus won't finish the season here. It's not that difficult to see that.

Then expect him to be fired by the bye week, because this aint changing.

Quote:It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason.

Hey guys....

It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason.

We have seen this for years now.. an un-prepared, out coached team.....

I'm going to bed, khan you have till week 4 tops to make a damn move.. you and I both know what you have here at head coach

Quote:I'd like to see if we can make the playoffs. We'll know the answer to this by Week 4.

The only thing we'll definitively know the answer to by the end of the pre-season games is who is going to get cut right away. That's pretty much the purpose of these pre-season diversions anyway. Trying to draw anything from them about the team beyond that is simply 'barking up the wrong tree' as they say. Once the regular season starts, we'll know pretty quickly what we've got and what we don't have.

I will say that the grossly exaggerated claims of the prowess of certain players, along with the unrealistic expectations of being 'play-off contenders' right now is only going to fuel fan frustration when those expectations aren't lived up to. Let's set a realistic goal of going at least 8-8 and hope for that this season. Next season we'll be far more ready to contend for the play-offs. At least, that's my opinion.

If we can't reach at least 8-8... well then, it's time for heads to roll.

Quote:Well see at the bye week. But we won't be this bad. We probably needed this game to bring us back to earth a bit

The offense is sputtering. Line change doesn't help, but better to get that worked out in week 3 of the preseason than a month into the regular season. The offense will be fine. The lack of a consistent pass rush hopefully is going to take care of itself with time for the line to gel.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:You are such a homer. Year after year for the last 10 years you say the same things, and you are always WRONG...

Is your screen name based on the character from can't buy me love? If so, that is phenomenal.

Quote:Lol yea right. Your boy Gus just needs 4 more years to make progress. We changed towel boys this year so he needs time to adjust. Maybe he can hire your hero Jean Smiff as assistant head coach next year for some help.

Yawn. The idiocy is just par for the course coming from you.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2016, 09:42 PM by JagsGooner.)

Quote:It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason.

Hey guys....

It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason. It's preseason.
Yeah it's preseason but this is the dress rehearsal for the season. They game plan somewhat for this. This team is not in sync at all tonight. It's really bad.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

We played extremely well the first 2 weeks, then got punched in the mouth today. It happens to every team in the league.

Wow a young team is struggling against a good team and not constantly beating the crap out of opponents. We're doomed. Some of you are completely ridiculous.
Shock the world

Joeckel should just retire. He looks that bad.

Quote:I'd like to see if we can make the playoffs. We'll know the answer to this by Week 4.

Make the playoffs, make the playoffs...................... I'd like to see if they can make a couple of TDs.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Hey guys....

Don't tell the thinkers on the board like Ronster. You have to be wrong.

Quote:Yeah it's preseason but this is the dress rehearsal for the season. They game plan somewhat for this. This team is no in sync at all tonight. It's really bad.

So 2 good games so far and 1 bad one.

That's essentially 2-1 for preseason. A winning record.
Shock the world

I think everyone knows this is a make or break season for Gus. Unfortunately you'll have to wait a little longer than the 3rd PRESEASON game before he gets the boot.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:We played extremely well the first 2 weeks, then got punched in the mouth today. It happens to every team in the league.

Wow a young team is struggling against a good team and not constantly beating the crap out of opponents. We're doomed. Some of you are completely ridiculous.

Exactly. This team is better than what we are seeing tonight.

I DO AGREE HOWEVER that Joeckel needs to step up fast because that was embarrassing for him.
Shock the world

It's only preseason but definitely disappointing.  We look terrible on all fronts.  Offense looks inept.  1st team defense was terrible.  

Cant blame anything on lack of talent.  If we underachieve this year, it's all on the coaching staff.  I hope we do well because I like Gus.  But he may just not be a head coach.

Quote:I DO AGREE HOWEVER that Joeckel needs to step up fast because that was embarrassing for him.

He's going against arguably the best DT in the game. Luke getting showed up shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."