Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who would you keep on the roster?
Nick Marshall
Corey Grant
[Show Results]

Have To Keep One: Nick Marshall or Corey Grant?

I picked Corey Grant because when the page loaded it was closer to his name. The end, case closed. We keep Grant. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2016, 12:45 AM by RedRooster28.)

I chose Marshall, but I'm not a big fan of either as NFL contributors. To be frank I'd hope neither sniffs the roster next year. But Marshall changed positions and that takes a lot of work and the staff seems to like his potential, so I gave him the arbitrary nod due to my imagined work ethic on his part. Nothing against either player. I wish them both success.

That being said, we're deep at CB, so I'd probably rather keep a player at a different position.

As a cornerback, Marshall is kind of terrible. I don't see it at all with him.

;

;

Marshall.  I think he still has a learning upside at the CB spot, and may become a good player with patience.  Grant has speed, but is mediocre overall to me without much further upside. 

I chose grant.

Marshall is a conversion whereas Grant is a natural RB. Making the switch from CB to QB is pretty tough especially going to the NFL. Also as much hate as grant seems to get he has made a few nice runs and has made a couple nice catch and runs on screens whereas Marshall has done nothing but look terrible.

I would rather keep rare speed at a position when no other RB we have is that fast vs decent athletics and poor technique at a position we have a lot of.

Id keep Grant he has more upside...

I feel the Nick Marshall experiment is quickly coming to an end.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Marshall.

In my perfect world, Marqise Lee would be returning kicks.

Marshall got abused last preseason game, against scrubs. Grant no question

Quote:I feel the Nick Marshall experiment is quickly coming to an end.

^This.

I chose Grant because he has value as a kick returner. Admittedly the utility of the role decreases every year as the NFL keeps trying to eliminate the kickoff return. But for this year a kick returner can still be useful.

Marshall has shown nothing at CB. He's about 8th on the depth chart, and the only reason he was kept on the roster is that he had the physical ability to play CB. But he has not developed. In fairness to Marshall, the Jags haven't developed any of their young CBs or safeties, As I watch Cyprien, Gratz, Evans, McCray, Harris, Colvin, and Sample, none of them are noticeably better than they were early in their rookie years. So it is likely a coaching failure too. Whatever the reason, it's time to move on.

In reality, I think both will be cut. Greene returned kickoffs in the scrimmage, and did about as well as Grant, and see Teal Curtain's thread about Lee returning kicks. With the quality depth at WR, keeping an extra WR instead of an extra RB and having a WR return kicks would make more sense.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

#DumpChadHenne and keep both.

Quote:If you had to cut one and keep the other, who would you choose?
Marshall has way more upside, Grant at best will be a good KR, which is getting phased out the NFL, where as Marshall can return kicks/punts, play CB maybe S, and Wild cat QB 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Marshall got abused last preseason game, against scrubs. Grant no question
Mike Evans is a scrub? He was the only one abusing him, the other guys did not abuse him one guy made a quick out catch on him

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Marshall has way more upside, Grant at best will be a good KR, which is getting phased out the NFL, where as Marshall can return kicks/punts, play CB maybe S, and Wild cat QB 

Would he suck as badly at those positions as he does CB?  No thanks.

Because teaching him CB is the only reason he's around (and not for much longer judging by his "progress," or lack thereof, at the position.)

Neither

Quote:Mike Evans is a scrub? He was the only one abusing him, the other guys did not abuse him one guy made a quick out catch on him

Evans is definitely no scrub, however, he's often overrated in conversations about WRs.

As for Grant vs Marshall, consider their impact on the team. Grant is their KR and he gives the offense options. A few times we've seen a quick dump off pass to him turn into an explosive play for 20 yards or more even though a couple of them have been called back on penalties. Marshall, on the other hand, occupies a roster spot for the most part. That's really about it.

Also don't forget...

Grant is really, really fast. Marshall is not.

'02

Quote:Neither

That's what I would have chosen were it a selection.

We're not likely talking about a Brandon Marshall or Dan Connolly that's going to get squeezed off the roster and go start or star somewhere else.

Quote:Why did you choose those two players for this type of question?
Why do you derail countless threads with questions what have nothing to do with the topic?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Why do you derail countless threads with questions what have nothing to do with the topic?

Why isn't Harambe included? #forsaken
No commercial messages in sigs

I went with Marshall because he's still developing as a CB after being a QB in college. Grant is a one trick pony (speed).