Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Losing Trend!

Quote:Aaron Rodgers understandably said something about that last year when Jordy Nelson tore his ACL. His feelings about that are why Brett Hundley started the first game.

But if there were no preseason games, how would Dave Caldwell make cutting decisions from 90 to 75 and then to 53? How could players compete for jobs and settle into new positions? It is a necessary evil for some players.

The Jordy Nelson torn ACL injury in Pittsburgh certainly came to mind when I wrote my post last night.    The loss of Nelson to the Packers Offense last season adversely affected that entire unit to a degree that very few people expected.  

Pre-season games have benefits as you described.   But even one injury can potentially outweigh all of the benefits combined of a pre-season game.   If this wasn't the case,  starters would play much longer in the pre-season than they do.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pre

Season

Quote:Preseason is a joke.

Nobody in the NFL will say that.

Quote:  The Jordy Nelson torn ACL injury in Pittsburgh certainly came to mind when I wrote my post last night.    The loss of Nelson to the Packers Offense last season adversely affected that entire unit to a degree that very few people expected.  

Pre-season games have benefits as you described.   But even one injury can potentially outweigh all of the benefits combined of a pre-season game.   If this wasn't the case,  starters would play much longer in the pre-season than they do.  

My proposal is sit all of the starters who have zero chance of losing their jobs unless they just got a new coaching staff and playbook.

Quote:Nobody in the NFL will say that.

Yeah, but you can hear them thinking it.

Quote:Yeah, but you can hear them thinking it.

No you can't. Players know preseason is not a joke. It is just unfortunate that injuries like Jordy's ACL tear happen.

I'm not basing this off of preseason play our backups have always looked lost in the preseason but Gus seems like he'll find a way to get the least out of this roster we have.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:I'm not basing this off of preseason play our backups have always looked lost in the preseason but Gus seems like he'll find a way to get the least out of this roster we have.

So what are you basing it on?

Hmmm the trend continuing...

Quote:So what are you basing it on?

3 years of the same show.

No pain, no gain.

accuttly the pre-season games due matter more then you think. I did research on this. only 1 team who went 0-4 in pre-season won the super bowl.  the 1982 redskins.  13 made it to the playoffs which 2 teas lost in the super bowl.  the other teams lost in divisioal round or in AFC/NFC  champtionship games. A majorty of teams that went 0-4 had loseing records in the regluar season with a couple winning just 1 or 2 games. Just some info im passing along from my research.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Forget stats. Seeing is believing. Our 1st team doesn't go out there and try to lose on purpose. They got outplayed, no reason to excuse it by saying it was only preseason. That's Coach talk