Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Devastating Comparison Between Obama’s Baton Rouge Flood Response And Bush’s Response To Katrina Speaks Volumes

Quote:I don't think people were mad at Bush because he didn't visit.  No one wanted him to visit.  That would have done more harm than good. They were mad because he didn't seem to be doing anything or getting anything done about it. 

As for Obama, I don't know what good would come from him touring flood areas.   It'd probably just cause further chaos from the heightened security requirements of a Presidential visit. 

So, not a good comparison.
You mean the same security requirements the Secret a Service had to go through when Trump went there today?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You mean the same security requirements the Secret a Service had to go through when Trump went there today?

Exactly why the Governor requested they stay out.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 05:01 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:You mean the same security requirements the Secret a Service had to go through when Trump went there today?

It's not just Secret Service, but local public safety personnel better used elsewhere. But it's worth it for a photo-op, right?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:It's not just Secret Service, but local public safety personnel better used elsewhere. But it's worth it for a photo-op, right?

The Trump campaign Is grasping at straws. Reminds me of the MCain suspension of his campaign to go to work.

Quote:The 0bama/Clinton apologists are grasping at straws.  How dare he actually try to lend a hand, especially since my heroes aren't doing anything to help whatsoever.

Fixed it for you.

D Mary Landreiu agrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHM7m1K4Oos

She admits the net of his visit was positive, much to the chagrin of the D governor who was angry that visit would reflect well on Trump.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:It's not just Secret Service, but local public safety personnel better used elsewhere. But it's worth it for a photo-op, right?
I'd like to think he cares more about the 13 dead and countless people who've lost all their Worley possessions tha the POTUS or Hillary.

No, I don't buy that, but yes, it's worth it to him for the photo op.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 06:41 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:I'd like to think he cares more about the 13 dead and countless people who've lost all their Worley possessions tha the POTUS or Hillary.

No, I don't buy that, but yes, it's worth it to him for the photo op.

Do you really think the reason Obama isn't there is because he doesn't care if people died, and the reason Trump is there is because he does?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:It seems that nobody got the memo that The Messiah can't be interrupted from his Martha's Vineyard golf vacation to actually deal with the people that he <del>serves</del> <del>leads</del> rules.

Why do you call him the messiah?

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2016, 07:11 PM by Jags.)

Quote:Do you really think the reason Obama isn't there is because he doesn't care if people died, and the reason Trump is there is because he does?
Didn't I answer that in the post you quoted?

Edit: what I meant in that post was its worth it to trump to gain the support of whoever sees that sees it and and says "oh wow, he really cares". Like I said, I'm not buying it, buts it's still good PR for him.

Let's not pretend if Hillary was there today rather than trump that the lefties wouldn't be using that in their behalf.

Quote:Our caring dear leader.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/19/obama-offends-louisiana-flood-victims-me/'>Obama irks La. flood victims with memo warning them not to discriminate</a>
Wow. Only the left can make a flood into a racial issue.

Quote:Why do you call him the messiah?

There are plenty of reasons an anonymous internet poster that has no accountability would  call our President that.  Don't expect to get a response though.

Quote:There are plenty of reasons an anonymous internet poster that has no accountability would call our President that. Don't expect to get a response though.

I find it funny. It's not like I'm hurling insults, it's just a straightforward question.

Quote:I find it funny. It's not like I'm hurling insults, it's just a straightforward question.

Probably because of all the people that thought voting for him was going to somehow "save us", as if he was something other than a typical politician. That's my best guess...lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Probably because of all the people that thought voting for him was going to somehow "save us", as if he was something other than a typical politician. That's my best guess...lol

Fair point. I appreciate you responding. Going into that election, I think it's fair to say ppl we're looking to go in a different direction regardless. Hillary easily would have won had she been given the nomination. I still want to hear from JIB

Quote:Still not sure why people are mad about that.
People were mad about that? What was he going to do, land on the roof of an underwater Walmart and have Cheney swim over to sporting goods to bring back a canoe?

Quote:Why do you call him the messiah?

Because many on the left thought that he was going to be their savior up to the point of the far left media calling him "sort of god".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Because many on the left thought that he was going to be their savior up to the point of the <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37B_nOdRTAA'>far left media calling him "sort of god"</a>.

C'mon, if they really don't understand that reference them nothing they say in these threads is worth a serious response. If they play that game with you they REALLY aren't worth a response. You just give them the Obama Tingle Up My Leg by playing along.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Do you really think the reason Obama isn't there is because he doesn't care if people died, and the reason Trump is there is because he does?

Yes. This is a man who voted to kill a fully born child that survives an abortion.