Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars projected 53 man roster after week 1 of preseason according to Big Cat Country..

Quote:I'll give it a stab.

QB - B.Bortles, C.Henne, B.Allen (PS) - 2

Once teams get a look at the draft pick, there's no chance Allen lasts on the PS. At QB it will either bet Bortles, Henne, Allen or Bortles, Allen. Allen is a strong armed, young QB worth developing. Henne is a miserable backup QB who should retire already.

RB - T.Yeldon, C.Ivory, D.Robinson, C.Grant (KR) - 4

WR - A.Robinson, A.Benn, B.Walters, T. Washington (PS) - 3

WR - A.Hurns, M.Lee, R.Greene (PR) - 3

TE - J.Thomas, B.Bowman, N.Sterling (PS) - 2

TE - M.Lewis, N.Jacobs - 2

LT - K.Beachum, J.Wells(IR), J.Linkenbach - 2

LG - L.Joeckel, C.Reed - 2

C - B.Linder, L.Bowanko (PUP), T.Shatley - 2

RG - A.Cann - 1

RT - J.Parnell, P.Omaheh, R.Hill (PS) - 2 (Probably will pick up an OT in the waiver wire)

I see Wells making it over either Omameh or Linkenbach. I can only see him going on IR if the team actually does sign Beatty. 

Total - 25

LEO - D.Fowler, Y.Ngakoue, T.Holmes (PS) - 2

DT - M.Jackson, S.Marks, S.Day, M.Bennett - 4

NT - R.Miller, A.Jones, R.Ash (PS) - 2

DE - J.Odrik, T.Alualu, J.Woodard (PUP)

I'm still really not sold on Bennett as a 6th DT, but I noticed the O-man agrees with you here.

WLB - T.Smith, J.Tripp - 2

MLB - P.Poz, M.Jack - 2

OTTO -D.Skuta, R.Davis - 2

CB - D.House, P.Amukamara, D.Gratz, M.Hilton (PS) - 3

Gratz? Really?  ...personally I'm stil in DMac's corner

FS - T.Gipson, P.Thompson, J.Wilson (PS) - 2

SS - J.Cyprien, J.Sample - 2

CB - J.Ramsey, A.Colvin (SUS), N.Marshall - 2

Total - 25

K - J.Myers

P - B.Nortman

LS - C.Tinker

Great stuff. I can even agree with your PS for the most part. There are now 10 PS spots. I'm thinking...

WR Tony Washington <--I didn't think he was even eligible, but he is

WR Jamal Robinson <--should we call him JRob?

TE Neal Sterling <--give him more time to develop at his new position

TE Ben Koyack <--he's starting to develop, but needs more polishing

OL Pearce Slater <--at this point I like him over Rashod Hill, but it's too early to know

LEO/OTTO Tyrone Holmes <--I might even keep him on the roster as a DL over Bennett. He's at least making the PS.

LB Hayes Pullard <--jar on the shelf

CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun <--at this point I prefer him to the diminutive Mike Hilton

FS Jarrod Wilson <--that is, unless he does beat out Peyton Thompson for the backup FS spot

WR Rashad Lawrence <--last spot goes to the best remaining overall player

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Almost identical to my PS prediction. I think they will keep it similar to previous seasons, at least to start. 5 Off/5 Def. Of course that could change if they keep a heavy position on the active roster.

I think they keep a RB over Sterling..They tried to shift him to TE, IMO he hasnt looked the part. At RB, they will have Grant and Gray to choose from. I believe Gray is still eligible based on the PS rule changes this year.

On D, I have Armbrister and Bennett, assuming they don't make the active roster being placed on the PS, although I'd be willing to bet one or both of them gets snatched up by another team.Next in line probably Pullard and Josh Johnson who have looked like descent ST players with some upside potential on D.

Quote:Great stuff. I can even agree with your PS for the most part. There are now 10 PS spots. I'm thinking...

WR Tony Washington <--I didn't think he was even eligible, but he is

WR Jamal Robinson <--should we call him JRob?

TE Neal Sterling <--give him more time to develop at his new position

TE Ben Koyack <--he's starting to develop, but needs more polishing

OL Pearce Slater <--at this point I like him over Rashod Hill, but it's too early to know

LEO/OTTO Tyrone Holmes <--I might even keep him on the roster as a DL over Bennett. He's at least making the PS.

LB Hayes Pullard <--jar on the shelf

CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun <--at this point I prefer him to the diminutive Mike Hilton

FS Jarrod Wilson <--that is, unless he does beat out Peyton Thompson for the backup FS spot

WR Rashad Lawrence <--last spot goes to the best remaining overall player

Just updated the depth chart JAGS02..  Added a couple pieces including 53 men LOL instead of 54..

Quote:Just updated the depth chart JAGS02..  Added a couple pieces including 53 men LOL instead of 54..

I'm liking it, or at least I can say that I could live with this roster. The only real question I have is one that may still need sorting out, and that's at TE, as in... Koyack vs Jacobs. With Bowman looking so gifted in the receiving department behind Julius, I'm leaning toward Jacobs as a blocking TE behind Marcedes with Koyack joining Sterling on the PS.

'02

question jags02 with the mcclendon signing who starts at backup right guard mcclendon or slater.. seems with chris reed blooming now he stays at backup left guard.. i think mcclendon beats slater for backup right guard what do u think..

Quote:question jags02 with the mcclendon signing who starts at backup right guard mcclendon or slater.. seems with chris reed blooming now he stays at backup left guard.. i think mcclendon beats slater for backup right guard what do u think..

How does one start at backup RG?

Quote:question jags02 with the mcclendon signing who starts at backup right guard mcclendon or slater.. seems with chris reed blooming now he stays at backup left guard.. i think mcclendon beats slater for backup right guard what do u think..
Back-up guards are often expected to be ready to step in on either side as needed.

Though many of them have a side where they perform better.

Lack of this type of flexibility is a big factor come cut time.

Noooo not Jacques Mcclendon! He scares me. Also, mind if I'm not as updated on personnel, I should check, you mean Shatley?
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:How does one start at backup RG?

[Image: photo-22253.jpg?_r=1440730469]

;

;

Quote:[Image: photo-22253.jpg?_r=1440730469]
DUECES! 

Quote:How does one start at backup RG?

The #3 RG wins the job over the backup RG, not in a game, but in practice.  Thus, when the next game starts, he is the backup and since he was the backup at the start of the game, he is the starting backup.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I merely had Slater making the PS as it is.

McClendon makes things interesting. Let's say the four backups before he arrived were Reed (or Bernadeau), Shatley, Wells and Omameh (or Linkenbach). McClendon plays G and C much like Shatley, and Shatley has not looked as good there as they were hoping, so it's my guess he's there to possibly replace Shatley.

'02

(This post was last modified: 08-18-2016, 01:07 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:The #3 RG wins the job over the backup RG, not in a game, but in practice. Thus, when the next game starts, he is the backup and since he was the backup at the start of the game, he is the starting backup.

I wonder if McClendon's agent used that on Dave?

"Mr. Caldwell, ifyou want McClendon to sign here, it will cost you. My client started 16 games at backup RG last season."

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2016, 09:13 AM by HolsterHusto.)

My projection based off last night:

QB : B.Bortles, C.Henne, B.Allen (PS) Total - 2

RB : T.Yeldon, C.Ivory, D.Robinson, C.Grant Total - 4

TE1 : J.Thomas, N.Sterling, B.Bowman (PS) Total - 2

TE2 : M.Lewis, N.Jacobs Total - 2

WR1 : A.Robinson, B.Walters, T.Washington (PS) Total - 2

WR2 : A.Hurns, M.Lee, R.Greene Total - 3

LT : K.Beachum, L.Joeckel Total - 2

LG : M.Bernadeau, C.Reed Total - 2 (Yuck)

C : B.Linder, L.Bowanko (PUP) Total - 1

RG : A.Cann, T.Shatley Total - 2

RT : J.Parnell, J.Wells, R.Hill (PS) Total - 2

LEO : D.Fowler, Y.Ngakoue, T.Holmes (PS) Total - 2

3T : M.Jackson, S.Marks, M.Bennett, S.Day (IRDR) Total - 3

NT : R.Miller, A.Jones, R.Ash (PS) Total - 2

5T : J.Odrik, T.Alualu, B.Werner/C.Smith, J.Woodard (IR) Total 3

WLB : T.Smith, J.Tripp Total - 2

MLB : P.Poz, M.Jack, H.Pullard Total - 3

OTTO : D.Skuta, R.Davis Total - 2

CB : J.Ramsey, A.Colvin (SUS), N.Marshall Total - 2

FS : T.Gipson, P.Thompson, J.Wilson (PS) Total - 2

SS : J.Cyprien, J.Sample Total - 2 (If Sample gets IRed then J.Evans makes the team)

CB : D.House, P.Amukamara, D.Gratz, J.Johnson (PS) Total - 3

K : J.Myers

P : B.Nortman

LS : C.Tinker

Total - 53