Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We Love Our 2nd Amendment People, Don't We Folks?

Hillary has said that the SCOTUS got the Heller decision wrong.  I assume she meant the ruling that the 2nd Amendment was an individual right.  Suppose Hillary wins, packs the SC with anti-gun judges, and they rule that only members of the National Guard (militia) have a right to keep and bear arms. 

That would be a problem.  Rounding up 300 million individually owned arms would result in "gun violence" on a massive scale.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Who cares if that's what he said? He's right. If the government oversteps its bounds then it is the People who returns it to its place, and the Second exists for EXACTLY that reason.

Why, it's like the Media and the Left (BIRM) have willful ignorance on why the Bill of Rights was written. But they would neeeeeeever distort history for their own gain, right? Rolleyes

Sic semper tyrannis, huh?

This is why I've always respected you, flsprt. At least you can see and confirm the reality of things.

With that said, it's interesting to see the party of Lincoln become the party of John Wilkes Booth

Quote:Sic semper tyrannis, huh?

This is why I've always respected you, flsprt. At least you can see and confirm the reality of things.

With that said, it's interesting to see the party of Lincoln become the party of John Wilkes Booth

I'm the party of Jefferson.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:He said that IF Hillary Clinton is elected, there's nothing we can do...  Well, maybe the 2nd Amendment people could stop it...  

Hmm...  I wonder what he meant by that?  I wonder who he was speaking to?
Hmmm...  I wonder if this is what you really meant?

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Gun ownership is not a liberal vs. conservative issue.  I know plenty of Democrats who own guns, compete in matches, hunt, etc.  Women and minorities are the fastest growing segments of gun owners and concealed carriers.  Bottom line, everyone has a right to self defense and defense of home and property.   

It was a bad joke, but anyone saying the joke was about the NRA or other 2nd amendment advocates political power is either dishonest or deaf to anything the man says. He was joking about someone threatening or shooting Clinton to prevent her from appointing Supreme Court justices.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Hmmm... I wonder if this is what you really meant?

Durrrrr... He's a winner.. durrrrrr.. get it?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I was not personally referring to you as desperate, more so the  left in general and the left leaning main stream media.

IMO it is story line draped with desperation. I simply don't believe that most folks writing/reading about it actually believe that was a call to kill Clinton. I mean really, do you actually believe that Trump was calling for Clinton to be killed?
I didn't. I saw it as someone else pointed out I thought NRA first and voter's getting out there and voting for him in numbers enough to win. We are members of the NRA and we are getting stuff from them weekly about how Clinton wants 2A gone or modified and we must vote to protect our 2A rights. So yeah, that's how I saw it. Voters voting and NRA doing their thing, not some indirect threat to kill Clinton.

As much as I loathe the woman that is not something I wish for anyway and no one else should either. She should pay for her many misdeeds, but not at the hand of Joe or Jane American. Could you imagine the hate and discontent from the left that would rain down on this country if that were to happen? Especially with a gun? I'd leave the country for an extended vacation or disappear into the Smokey Mountains. 

Quote:I'm the party of Jefferson.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Bingo.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:It was a bad joke, but anyone saying the joke was about the NRA or other 2nd amendment advocates political power is either dishonest or deaf to anything the man says. He was joking about someone threatening or shooting Clinton to prevent her from appointing Supreme Court justices.
I guess hearing/seeing it being said as opposed to reading it makes a difference. Kind of like I can say something to you in person and what you hear is determined by my facial expression, body language, tone of voice, etc. But if I say the same thing here or in a text, you would possibly read (hear) it a completely different way because there is nothing except words.

So in only reading it I took it as exactly what I bolded in your statement. I suppose seeing and hearing him may have had a different impact for me. I am not a fan of the man, at all. But I also don't try to make a big deal out of the stuff the media thinks should be a big deal. He actually does a good job of making himself look like an idiot as much as Clinton makes herself out to be a pathological liar every time she opens her mouth. They are what they are.

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016, 12:02 PM by Kotite.)

Quote:Bingo.

We are a few decades overdue for a revolution and none of these 2nd amendment obsessors are using arms to combat tyranny. As lazy as we have become as a nation, Jefferson's words fall on deaf and incapable ears. The Tree of Liberty is dying of thirst.

So an elected president that is nominating justices that you disagree with is worthy of the 2nd amendment option, huh?

That seems a tad extreme, no?

i don't get it. saying "maybe the second amendment people can do something. I dont know." is a death threat?  we have literally stepped into a twilight zone where reporters say down is up, up is down and everybody agrees. 

Quote:i don't get it. saying "maybe the second amendment people can do something. I dont know." is a death threat? we have literally stepped into a twilight zone where reporters say down is up, up is down and everybody agrees.

Well, yeah. If you just cherry pick one sentence it doesn't sound that bad.

But you listen to the entire statement, and it's clear what he's saying.

Quote:I'm the party of Jefferson.

Didn't realize they had AR-15's during the Jefferson era.  Anyway, I think there is a happy medium.  I'm quite ok with people owning certain rifles and handguns but don't think anyone other than law enforcement and authorized shooting gallaries should own assault rifles.

Quote:So it'll be a sad day when the Senate votes? Cuz that's what he said right after.

Dude, you realize that trying to defend his stupid comment just makes you look ridiculous, right?

You won't be able to stop it, well maybe the second amendment people will be able to stop it, but that will be a sad day...

The sad day is the confirmation of a justice that would condone the erosion of the second amendment.

Basic comprehension isn't ridiculous.

Press: senator Clinton, wouldn't it be prudent to drop out now and unify the party?

Senator Clinton: You know between the press and my opponent (Obama) there is this urgency out there to end this. My Husband didn't wrap up his nomination until June. Bobby Kennedy was ASSASSINATED in JUNE!

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016, 01:09 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:You won't be able to stop it, well maybe the second amendment people will be able to stop it, but that will be a sad day...

The sad day is the confirmation of a justice that would condone the erosion of the second amendment.

Press: senator Clinton, wouldn't it be prudent to drop out now and unify the party?

Senator Clinton: You know between the press and my opponent (Obama) there is this urgency out there to end this. My Husband didn't wrap up his nomination until June. Bobby Kennedy was ASSASSINATED in JUNE!
And she was condemned for that incessantly for weeks by the left and subsequently lost the primary.

Back to trump, so if the second amendment people would be able to stop it, why would it be sad day? If the second amendment people stopped it in the Senate, wouldn't that be a happy day? His words are clear.

And if he's referring to conned-servative republicans in the Senate, why didn't he just say that?

When you mention the 2nd amendment option, as flsprt points out, you're taking about feeding the tree of liberty with the blood of the tyrannical.

Now, that's all well and good-- Except that no matter what you think of the Clintons, tyrants they are not.

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016, 01:16 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:I guess hearing/seeing it being said as opposed to reading it makes a difference. Kind of like I can say something to you in person and what you hear is determined by my facial expression, body language, tone of voice, etc. But if I say the same thing here or in a text, you would possibly read (hear) it a completely different way because there is nothing except words.

So in only reading it I took it as exactly what I bolded in your statement. I suppose seeing and hearing him may have had a different impact for me. I am not a fan of the man, at all. But I also don't try to make a big deal out of the stuff the media thinks should be a big deal. He actually does a good job of making himself look like an idiot as much as Clinton makes herself out to be a pathological liar every time she opens her mouth. They are what they are.

I don't think it's a big deal, but my interpretation was he was talking about there being no options after she is elected, after the voting is over, except for maybe "2nd amendment folks". It's a joke people make in casual situations, over beers among friends, not a candidate for POTUS, but I understand this is part of his appeal.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:You won't be able to stop it, well maybe the second amendment people will be able to stop it, but that will be a sad day...

The NRA has been selling that line of bull the entire Obama presidency. Sandy Hook was the litmus test. So far, zero guns taken. Zero laws passed to prevent people on terrorist watch lists or who have been diagnosed with mental disorders from getting AR-15s in under an hour. But the sky is falling. They're coming for our guns!!! (As record profits to the gun industry roll in.) "You won't be able to stop it." Please. There are more known guns, forgotten guns and ghost guns in America than any ten governments could ever try to reclaim. It will be a sad day when you realize how stupid you are for buying into this absurd theory.

Joe Biden threatens Obama:  “I’ve got two [guns], and if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem. I like that over and under and I'm pretty good with it.”