Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Suspension/Bans

Quote:Whatever, snotface.

You're a stupid head.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Booger McBoggerson!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

You handled that well!

Quote:Homebiscuit.... WingerDinger...... I get it

*Bows Graciously*
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I get suspended / banned, more then Justin Blackmon on here... What happen to freedom of Speech? Or is it the moderators that only get that privilege? I'll prolly get suspended for this topic too huh? Lol the trophy for most warnings goes to FBT follow closely by Rollerjag..

[Image: rYlq3TW.gif]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9CKYmiSQWo

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016, 04:06 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:[Image: rYlq3TW.gif]

Is that JW?

I haven't heard from here in a while and thought she might be either suspended/ banned or something.

I could actually see her doing this after seeing some of her posts.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Is that JW?

I haven't heard from here in a while and thought she might be either suspended/ banned or something.

I could actually see her doing this after seeing some of her posts.

She never hangs around during the dead zone...too much silliness for her taste. She usually comes back around the first game or so.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Like when people say they prefer toilet paper in the under position.

Monsters

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016, 12:38 PM by ThunderCat.)

Quote:Monsters

Wise, if child and/or pet owners.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:We all have a responsibility to help moderate this forum. Moderators cannot be expected to read every post, especially those made 5 am on a Saturday morning. There's a reason for the Report function.
In that same breath, posters cannot be expected to read every post, including ones about a kicker's name. 

I also was warned by suggesting a radio show "Kicker's name" and Hicken. It was done so without ever reading such warning/ advisement from DF. 

So, I guess it's just fine if you all don't read every last post, but that doesn't apply to posters. And if this was such an important issue, how did it not make it's way into the COC/TOS?

Something reeks of double standard.  

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:In that same breath, posters cannot be expected to read every post, including ones about a kicker's name. 

I also was warned by suggesting a radio show "Kicker's name" and Hicken. It was done so without ever reading such warning/ advisement from DF. 

So, I guess it's just fine if you all don't read every last post, but that doesn't apply to posters. And if this was such an important issue, how did it not make it's way into the COC/TOS?

Something reeks of double standard.  

Veiled profanity has always been a breach of message board rules since the first day they were published. DragonFury merely provided a reminder, one a former moderator shouldn't have needed.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 01:32 PM by Dakota.)

Quote:Veiled profanity has always been a breach of message board rules since the first day they were published. DragonFury merely provided a reminder, one a former moderator shouldn't have needed.
so Ficken & Hicken as a name for a radio show = veiled profanity.

gocha......... :thumbsup:

Am I to assume the annals of of the board are to be swept for any similar references to the likes of Long Ding or Harry Colon? 

I didn't think so.........

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 02:58 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:so Ficken & Hicken as a name for a radio show = veiled profanity.

gocha......... :thumbsup:

Am I to assume the annals of of the board are to be swept for any similar references to the likes of Long Ding or Harry Colon? 

I didn't think so.........

No, it was the first part of your post that drew the warning, "He's [BAD WORD REMOVED] good!". I'll assume you forgot that part and aren't being intentionally dishonest, even though you posted it twice, the first time without the Ficken & Hicken part.

There were posts removed and warnings given when Long Ding was signed, and we posted the same type reminder that DF posted in this thread.

As for Harry Colon, no need to alter his name, it stands on its own.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 04:39 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:No, it was the first part of your post that drew the warning, "He's [BAD WORD REMOVED] good!". I'll assume you forgot that part and aren't being intentionally dishonest, even though you posted it twice, the first time without the Ficken & Hicken part.

There were posts removed and warnings given when Long Ding was signed, and we posted the same type reminder that DF posted in this thread.

As for Harry Colon, no need to alter his name, it stands on its own.
What about former Packers linebacker Mike Hunt?

Quote:What about former Packers linebacker Mike Hunt?

Amazing.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 06:51 PM by Dakota.)

Quote:Veiled profanity has always been a breach of message board rules since the first day they were published. DragonFury merely provided a reminder, one a former moderator shouldn't have needed.
Except he didn't mention veiled profanity. He said making a pun out of his name. One that others (including a current mod) posted without incident. So, he didn't mention a reminder about veiled profanity as you incorrectly suggest. I would venture to say that most took it as a joke, especially given the FBT reference.

Which still doesn't change anything. Ficken is hardly veiled profanity. It can just as easily mean freaking, which would have the exact same meaning as posted, and is not profanity. (Unless you suddenly decide that freaking is now added to the list of veiled profanity, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.)

But hey, if it makes you all feel better, I won't whine about it. I haven't to this point either. I have merely pointed out a multitude of reasons it was mishandled. At least when I was a Mod, I had the guts to stand up and admit when I was wrong. I was the only Mod to ask for and receive a warning because I broke the same rule as a poster and didn't think it was fair that the poster be warned and myself not be warned. As I recall, that discussion went on multiple pages before CowboyBarry stood up and did the right thing and issue me the warning. Not a one of the rest of you would do it. So, that said, I will not hold my breath on anyone of you admitting that it could have been handled differently. It wasn't that way then, and I'm sure nothing has changed since.

Quote:Wise, if child and/or pet owners.

Whatever do you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z9YNmCIscs

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Booger McBoggerson!!

"McBOGGERSON"?!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!