Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More PC Madness

Quote:Also I don't think "This is the way it's been done for years!" is a good argument.  Shouldn't grave markers for honored veterans who died in the war be about the soldiers, and not about the people who make the memorial?  Even if it wasn't done in the past, it's something we should strive to do now.  I'm sure there was no offense intended here, but offense does not have to be intentional.  

Nor does it have to be taken.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2016, 11:28 AM by badger.)

to sum it up, people here are offended at someone who was offended when learning others were offended

Questioning whether all those being memorialized were Christian does not mean the person asking is "offended" by the crosses!! Why is that point being missed? Doesn't fit into the agenda of being outraged?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:to sum it up, people here are offended at someone who was offended when learning others were offended
Careful, you might trigger someone with that sort of talk.

As someone who isn't religious nor has ever been religious, seeing a cross in the ground I never assumed "oh a Christian person died", I just always viewed it as a place marker/tribute.  Then again I'm cool on religion, it crosses my mind nearly zero times a day

Quote:As someone who isn't religious nor has ever been religious, seeing a cross in the ground I never assumed "oh a Christian person died", I just always viewed it as a place marker/tribute.  Then again I'm cool on religion, it crosses my mind nearly zero times a day

That means you're going to hell.

Quote:So the crucifix is now the universal symbol of RIP? Yeah...it's not.

You do know the difference between a cross and a crucifix right?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:You do know the difference between a cross and a crucifix right?

No I don't. Not that it matters.

Almost as much as you seem to know the difference between asking a question and being offended...

Quote:Questioning whether all those being memorialized were Christian does not mean the person asking is "offended" by the crosses!! Why is that point being missed? Doesn't fit into the agenda of being outraged?

Quite a few people are missing the point.  It's about Memorial Day and what the day is about.  To some people, the mere sight of a cross seams to = Christian.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Quite a few people are missing the point.  It's about Memorial Day and what the day is about.  To some people, the mere sight of a cross seams to = Christian.

Maybe it's because, I don't know, they are pretty much stuck on top of, or in front of every church in the country... How dare any one associate it with religion.

Quote:No I don't. Not that it matters.

I PM'ed you the answer to the question to keep religion out of this thread.

Quote:Almost as much as you seem to know the difference between asking a question and being offended...

It's not about asking a question, it's about Memorial Day.  Some people just don't get it.  I could care less if the memorial consisted of a bunch of 6 pointed stars (you know, the Star of David).  In any case, it's a tribute and a memorial for those that made the ultimate sacrifice for us.

Spartacus was crucified.  They could have been saying these guys were warriors like Spartacus.

Quote:Maybe it's because, I don't know, they are pretty much stuck on top of, or in front of every church in the country... How dare any one associate it with religion.

I'm offended that a religion appropriated my prefered method of execution.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Maybe it's because, I don't know, they are pretty much stuck on top of, or in front of every church in the country... How dare any one associate it with religion.

Not true and I'll leave it at that.  If you want to discuss it via PM that's fine with me.

I actually do know the difference.  But let's not act like both aren't symbols of Christianity.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I PM'ed you the answer to the question to keep religion out of this thread.

It's not about asking a question, it's about Memorial Day.  Some people just don't get it.  I could care less if the memorial consisted of a bunch of 6 pointed stars (you know, the Star of David).  In any case, it's a tribute and a memorial for those that made the ultimate sacrifice for us.
If it's really about Memorial Day, shouldn't you be complaining about them not taking advantage of the offer that person made to pay for a new memorial and not about Political Correctness??

Quote:Not true and I'll leave it at that. If you want to discuss it via PM that's fine with me.

Pretty much means "mostly", but I'm sure you know that already. And I don't need any religion lessons from you, private or otherwise, thank you very kindly.

Quote:I'm offended that a religion appropriated my prefered method of execution.
I always took you for more of a brazen bull type.

Quote:Quite a few people are missing the point. It's about Memorial Day and what the day is about. To some people, the mere sight of a cross seams to = Christian.
I don't understand what the apples you're trying to make a point with have to do with the oranges I'm staring at.