Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Luke Bowanko needs hip surgery

Quote:This is starting to take the [BAD WORD REMOVED] now

This is when the filter becomes a pain in the patookus. I think that all of our non-American fans should have the filter removed just so I may have access to non-American wit.

Come on, there is some high quality Brit humor buried in there!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Jaguars sign a veteran FA at Center for insurance and depth purposes.   More likely than not someone who can also play Guard,  hence provide more versatility for Game Day roster purposes.  

Yeah, I was hoping maybe they could re-sign Wiz, but I looked him up and he's already signed on with the Eagles. There aren't many options out there, but I can still see someone with actual experience at Center being brought in for depth.

Bowanko might just be a candidate for the real PUP list. Provided he doesn't practice in training camp, he'd be eligible to return I think anywhere from week 6 to week 9.

'02

I don't know the time frame so what are we talking here, mid season?

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:I don't know the time frame so what are we talking here, mid season?

It will be interesting to see what they say, but I think that's probably best case scenario.  My guess is that they probably IR him once the have a good idea on the extent of the injury unless it's something relatively minor.  I did a minimum amount of research on this, but every site I looked at indicated it was a 4-6 month recovery time post-surgery for the patient to return to every day activities.  That doesn't take into account the daily routine for NFL players of his size.  I suspect PUP is just for now, and that it will eventually transition to IR.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that Linder remains healthy this season!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Different player, different position but I believe this is the same injury that Percy Harvin dealt with for the better part of the 2013 season.

Alex Rodriguez had a similar injury back in 2012.  They performed arthroscopic surgery on him that included more than just repairing the torn labrum.  They also shaved the end of his femur down so that it would fit better in the hip joint.  The recovery time for that process was said to be 4-6 months, although A-Rod was suspended for all of 2013, so he had a full year to recover.  The kind of torque a baseball player, particularly a power hitter puts on their hips is incredible, and when he did finally get back into baseball, he was hitting the ball better than ever....at least in 2015.

The team may opt to just leave Bowanko on the PUP unless they have an immediate need for a roster spot, or the depth at OL starts to become an issue during the season.  In theory, he could be back on the field for the last third of the season. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I am not sure there is a significant difference between Bowanko and the other possible center backups on the roster if Linder goes down.  Shatley, Cann, and even Bernadeau could snap if needed.  Bowanko's lack of play last season was telling.