Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myles Jack on special teams?

Quote:I'm with you. No way he sniffs special teams...
Yes he will, he's a rookie and not a superstar, ever stars play some ST

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I would question the intelligence of any coach that would allow him to play special teams. Even if didn't have the past knee problem
umm most players play ST, only 48 players dress for games, and your gonna question a coach who puts a rookie LB on ST? LOL 

If people are that worried about his knee then dont even draft him, hes a football player he's knee can go out even if it was 100%

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:umm most players play ST, only 48 players dress for games, and your gonna question a coach who puts a rookie LB on ST? LOL

If people are that worried about his knee then dont even draft him, hes a football player he's knee can go out even if it was 100%

Exactly. If people are worried about his knee going out on the opening kickoff then we got a problem.

I say we not only keep him of ST, let's keep him off the field altogether.

Seeing how Rashean Mathis and Donovin Darius played special teams, I don't think it's too far-fetched to expect the rookie LB to play a little teams.

'02

With all the nonsense posted on this board by numerous trolls, how can anyone be offended that someone thinks their question is dumb...

Quote:Seeing how Rashean Mathis and Donovin Darius played special teams, I don't think it's too far-fetched to expect the rookie LB to play a little teams.
It's about the knee... why bring it any more possibilities of getting blown up?

On punts?

Just ain't feelin it. We finally get some players that might be able to really help this team and people wanna toss em out on gimmick STs plays?

Whatever.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2016, 12:40 PM by Kane.)

Quote:umm most players play ST, only 48 players dress for games, and your gonna question a coach who puts a rookie LB on ST? LOL 

Most players?

You can only line up 11 no matter what

At least 4 are linemen of sorts for any particular STs play.

Most STs players are 4th and 5th and 6th on the depth chart.

So we see an occasional star out there to return kicks because of his speed. Sure.

An occasional star that comes in for a surprise play or a cover guy that is a really good gunner, fine.

Myles Jack and Ramsey specifically for a defense that desperately needs the talent in the starting lineup.... NO.

Who's questioning a coach?

Did our coaches say Jack was gonna do this? Or are we questioning a certain few fans that think a bad idea is a good one?

-shrug-

Quote:It's about the knee... why bring it any more possibilities of getting blown up?

On punts?

Just ain't feelin it. We finally get some players that might be able to really help this team and people wanna toss em out on gimmick STs plays?

Whatever.

The knee could be a hindrance for him playing STs. It would have to be fully cleared, but if it is I can see him being a real menace on teams.

'02

Quote:The knee could be a hindrance for him playing STs. It would have to be fully cleared, but if it is I can see him being a real menace on teams.
I'd rather he just play OTTO on 1st and 2nd, and Mike on 3rd.

I have no doubt he could have a positive effect on STs...

I just don't want him blocking some dude and his knee get rolled on.

And I know it could happen on any play, which is why I'd like the team to limit the chances for it.

Kind of like limiting rookie actions in camp to prevent underwear injuries. Sure these guys could get hurt at any time... but you limit the chances.

I'd like to see Jalen Ramsey and Corey Grant as our gunners.

'02

Lol....

Quote:Lol....

Well, just for a few key plays with Ramsey...not a full-time gunner.

'02

Quote:Well, just for a few key plays with Ramsey...not a full-time gunner.

Lol are you guys serious??? You dont risk key starters on special team... Point Blank. You find other guys who can do that job very well outside of your key defensive guys... Come on guys...

Quote:Lol are you guys serious??? You dont risk key starters on special team... Point Blank. You find other guys who can do that job very well outside of your key defensive guys... Come on guys...
but but richard sherman.....

Again I'm not saying full time but when it's crucial and the game is online i want him out there.

Quote: 

No, just reducing the risk of injury.  

Common sense.

Quote:Again I'm not saying full time but when it's crucial and the game is online i want him out there.

During crucial moments you want the dude that has been practicing special teams over the course of the entire offseason and throughout each game to be out there.

There's more to special teams than raw talent.  One needs to stay disciplined to the gaps that he is assigned.  

Quote:Lol are you guys serious??? You dont risk key starters on special team... Point Blank. You find other guys who can do that job very well outside of your key defensive guys... Come on guys...

This ^^^

Quote:During crucial moments you want the dude that has been practicing special teams over the course of the entire offseason and throughout each game to be out there.

There's more to special teams than raw talent. One needs to stay disciplined to the gaps that he is assigned.
that makes sense but I believe you will see Jack out there when the game is on the line. Just a hunch.

Quote:During crucial moments you want the dude that has been practicing special teams over the course of the entire offseason and throughout each game to be out there.

There's more to special teams than raw talent. One needs to stay disciplined to the gaps that he is assigned.
that makes sense but I believe you will see Jack out there when the game is on the line. Just a hunch.