Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our most exciting player?

Quote:i'm 25 y/o and have been a jag fan all my life. wasn't really invested in the team until i got to high school but can honestly say, since i have been a fully committed fan, i have never seen a consistently competitive QB play in this town. at least not one i would keep over almost every other QB in the league, me and my friend talked about this the other day, If i were building a team to make a long term run at the playoffs and SB's, the only other QB i would consider at this point over bortles would be Rodgers and that isnt even a shoe in for me because of age. BB is the man and im stoked we got him over TB every day of the week. we truely have something special brewing here in DaBangEm and im happy to be witnessing it

Great sentiments. However, 2 extremely different types of QBs. The other one already won 11 games in his 2nd year, won a division title, ahead of Green Bay, and experienced playoffs.

We are 'hoping for 8' in year 3. They fit their respective systems. PS: I will respond as such everytime I see a put down of the one who has garnered far more success. Oh yeah, we know, his supporting cast is so much better than ours. Er, not that much.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hurns on Offense

Ramsey on defense

But the most exciting of them all......Rashad Greene

Bortles is so fun to watch but Fowler is the linchpin that will make or break our defense.

I wanted Leonard Williams but I am so excited to see if he can be a 10 sack guy

Quote:Why would Skuta be in for Smith?
he wouldnt, i messed up lol

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016, 04:49 PM by JagsorDie.)

Quote:Great sentiments. However, 2 extremely different types of QBs. The other one already won 11 games in his 2nd year, won a division title, ahead of Green Bay, and experienced playoffs.

We are 'hoping for 8' in year 3. They fit their respective systems. PS: I will respond as such everytime I see a put down of the one who has garnered far more success. Oh yeah, we know, his supporting cast is so much better than ours. Er, not that much.
i get what you are saying but i am not degrading or putting down rodgers. he is one of my favorite QB's and has some of the best credentials and talent in the league. what me and my friend were talking about was if you were a owner/gm of your own team and were building a team, not just to win next year or the following, but many years to come(like lets say 10), who would your QB be? the QB who is 24 or the QB who is 32. i understand your point but i would have a tough time passing on the one who is young, tough, capable of 40+ td's, and 4k yards. plus im a homer for my jags but thats just me. what i said was, rodgers would be the only i would consider but am not completely set on that

Quote:he wouldnt, i messed up lol

You're an honorable man :thumbsup:

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016, 04:46 PM by JagsorDie.)

Quote:You're an honorable man :thumbsup:
Thank you sir. As an FSU fan im a little ashamed thats the one i missed but i'll admit when im wrong lol

Quote:i get what you are saying but i am not degrading or putting down rodgers. he is one of my favorite QB's and has some of the best credentials and talent in the league. what me and my friend were talking about was if you were a owner/gm of your own team and were building a team, not just to win next year or the following, but many years to come(like lets say 10), who would your QB be? the QB who is 24 or the QB who is 32. i understand your point but i would have a tough time passing on the one who is young, tough, capable of 40+ td's, and 4k yards. plus im a homer for my jags but thats just me. what i said was, rodgers would be the only i would consider but am not completely set on that

Son, read my response again. You fully missed the object. Plus, Rodgers did not see the field in year 2.

Follow up on your assertion mate...

Weren't you talking about how stoked you are not to have someone you don't have? The one who won his division last year, and made the playoffs in year 2...

Quote:Holy crap, i just did. i knew we picked up a few but i had no idea we got as many as we did. Here it the list i got, red are the one im sure are gonna make it, blue are rookies and uncolored are the ones im not sure about.

Aaron Colvin-CB
Johnathan Cyprien-S

Davon House-CB

Prince Amukamara-CB

Jalen Ramsey-CB/S

Tashaun Gipson-S

James Sample-S

Briean Boddy-Calhon-CB minnisota

Chance Casey-CB 1 year Bayor

Josh Evans-S

Dwayane Gratz-CB

Mike Hilton-CB misissippi

Josh Johnson-CB 1 year Perdue

Craig Loston-S 3 years louisiana state

Nick Marshall-CB

Demitri McCray-CB

Rashaad Reynolds-CB 2years Oregon state

Peyton Thompson-CB 2 years san jose

Jarood Wilson-S Michigan

Earl Wolff-SS 3 years NC state

i mean thats 13 CB's and 6 Safties. If McCray does make the cut he will have proved it through a gauntlet. all in all i am very happy we have as much competition as we do now.

edit:added if they were rookies and where they came from if they are new to the team. i think the rookie's have a little better odds of making the cut or at least making the practice squad, the others are going to have their work cut out for them.

You're not sure if Colvin is going to make it?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, Yeldon, Thomas, Linder and Cann are all guys that excite me on offense.

Jackson, Fowler, Jack, Ramsey, Gipson, Telvin, House and Colvin are all guys I look forward to watching on defense. I like Odrick too and thought he was a nice addition to the defense last year. Marks coming back is going to be fun to watch as well.

James Sample is my wildcard. I really like what he brings to the table at safety. I can't wait to see if he develops as I expect him to.

Roy Miller doesn't get enough credit in defense for the job he does. We were good at stopping the run and he's a big reason why.

Quote:Just a couple of seasons ago if I'd asked "who is our most exciting player?" we would have had a short list to choose from, but now there are all sorts of potential superstars on our roster....

So, which player are you most excited about watching? Who is going to electrify the cloud with his performances this season and make the plays which make you stand up in your seat?

Before the draft it was always Telvin Smith since he first hit the field as a Jaguar but now I'm going to say Jalen Ramsey... On offense it is still Blake Bortles.. (If only one I pick Blake)

It was for the longest time Maurice Jones-Drew & Fredy T before that..

I think it's amazing that players like Denard Robinson and Julius Thomas (who would have been on most people's list a year ago) are hardly getting a mention - that's a sign of how far this roster has improved!

Quote:Bortles is so fun to watch but Fowler is the linchpin that will make or break our defense.

I wanted Leonard Williams but I am so excited to see if he can be a 10 sack guy
Exactly this.

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~