Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Top 5 needs after FA and the draft

Quote:We have Beachum and Joeckel. LT shouldn't be such a high need for people.

For me, I list it more as an unknown at this point.  We can keep Joke on as depth.  If Beachum can hold down the starting job and not be liability then great!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1. center this position is a huge hole even if everything works out this year

2. OT   joeckel is in the last year of his contract and Beachum is coming off an injury

3. TE  they desperately need another pass catching Tight End

4. Safety - all 3 safeties are coming off injuries. History says at least one will continue to be hurt

5. MLB - Poz needs to be replaced eventually

The Jags should beef up the O-Line... we need to keep Bortles up right... I suspect they will start putting emphasis on this, at least I hope so.  

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2016, 09:46 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Top 5 needs:

1) Stay Healthy

2) Get in sync --- young team will need to communicate and jell together.  I expect some miscommunication on defense this year.

3) DC Tom Wash needs to get up to speed very quick.

4) Need to offer 15 year season ticket holders discounted beer prices.

5) Need to make sure everyone comes in motivated and in-shape.  

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2016, 09:49 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:For me, I list it more as an unknown at this point. We can keep Joke on as depth. If Beachum can hold down the starting job and not be liability then great!

That's fair. I can agree with that.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:We have Beachum and Joeckel. LT shouldn't be such a high need for people.

I wouldn't say that. Joeckel sucks and Beachum coming back from injury.

Why can't Poz play Otto? He can rush. Can't cover. Jack can cover the middle.

Quote:Why can't Poz play Otto? He can rush. Can't cover. Jack can cover the middle.

Too slow. OTTO needs to be able to set the edge on outside runs or make it to the sideline too.

Quote:Actually, while LT depth is really not an issue, the starting LT position remains a need until either Joekel or Beachum proves himself as legit there. I left K out as well because I do like the competition there, but admittedly for the exact same reason it's still a need.

I dont know that I agree.  The contract Beachum signed gives us a lot of leverage... basically designed to release him after the first year of the deal unless he proves he is starting material.  If he doesnt take hold of the starting position this year, I bet he is gone next offseason.... or they restructure.

To me the biggest worry on the team is offensive line.  Hopefully Linder comes back 100%.  I'd love for Bowanko to seize the opportunity at C (but im not holding my breath).  I'd love for Cann to take the next step and become a quality starting G.  And honestly I want either Joeckel or Beachum to grab hold of the LT spot and not let it go for 4 years.  But thats a lot of things I hope to happen.  

Next concern would be the LB spot.... more of a future concern though.  Not worried about next year.  Poz is nearing the end and Jack is still a question until we see him do it.

LT won't matter as much since we shouldn't be playing from behind as much this year. Teams can't just pin their ears back and rush the passer every single play. Joke or Beachum should do just fine. Really, an Oline is at its best with team chemistry. Beadles was such a weak link last year and no Linder really hurt this team.

We should be much much better on D and our run game should be better.

I think Linder is going to make good Center... he was a beast his rookie year.

I'm still not convinced Joeckle is the answer at LT and this team still needs to develop depth along the whole o-line.

I'm not sure, with Poz getting older and Telvin maturing, if we're actually getting better at LB or if we're really just staying about the same based on the regression and progression of said players at that position.

SS is still a concern, but I don't think it's a position that's consistently costing us games.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I think Linder is going to make good Center... he was a beast his rookie year.

I'm still not convinced Joeckle is the answer at LT and this team still needs to develop depth along the whole o-line.

I'm not sure, with Poz getting older and Telvin maturing, if we're actually getting better at LB or if we're really just staying about the same based on the regression and progression of said players at that position.

SS is still a concern, but I don't think it's a position that's consistently costing us games.

I can agree with all of this. Even if we're not truly getting better at LB, we're at least stabilizing the position for the future.

'02

The Jaguars decided not to exercise Luke Joeckel's fifth year option, so we know they only want to keep him one more season.

Quote:The Jaguars decided not to exercise Luke Joeckel's fifth year option, so we know they only want to keep him one more season.

Not necessarily. 

The Jaguars don't want to commit big dollars to Luke Joeckel unless they seem him perform in a manner that's more reflective of a 1st Round pick,  not a middle round pick,  if that.    If Joeckel has by far his best season yet in 2016,   I think there's a very good chance the Jaguars will want to re-sign him.   

Quote:Not necessarily. 

The Jaguars don't want to commit big dollars to Luke Joeckel unless they seem him perform in a manner that's more reflective of a 1st Round pick,  not a middle round pick,  if that.    If Joeckel has by far his best season yet in 2016,   I think there's a very good chance the Jaguars will want to re-sign him.   

If we re-sign him it would be for backup level money. There is a reason we signed Kelvin Beacham in free agency.

Quote:If we re-sign him it would be for backup level money. There is a reason we signed Kelvin Beacham in free agency.

What happens if Luke Joeckel performs this season at a top 10 LT level?   

Quote:We have filled so many needs through the draft and FA that the list is much shorter than I can ever remember. Anyway, heres mine

1. C

2. SS

3. OTTO

4. MLB depth?

5. LT depth?

This is much harder than I can ever remember. I have faith in Myers and if Sample can turn out to be the player Dave thought he could be when he drafted him might be one of the best things for this defense with all the other new additions

1.) LT - Beachum might not be a 100%, and even if he is he's only average at LT.  LT Luke Jockel well.. enough said there, I was told if you dont have anything nice to say not to say anything at all.

2.) C- Luke Bowanko - I don't think Blake likes him at center, and Linder is too good at RG to move him into a role he hasnt perfected.  They have the Cowboys backup Free Agent whom I assume starts at this point but not great.

3.) SS - I keep hoping Jonathan Cyprien will get better but his up and down is a huge liability on the team.  Hopefully all the new talent will mask his coverage weakness.

4.) LB- Quality depth is needed Poz has been injured each year, and not getting younger.  Myles Jack never know how long the rookie will remain healthy.

5.) TE- I know everyone will disagree with me but Julius Thomas struggled (of course he was injured & never quite got the timing with Blake down), M. Lewis has been average at receiving but injured a lot.

Quote:  What happens if Luke Joeckel performs this season at a top 10 LT level?   

He is unlikely to start next season now that we have Kelvin Beachum.

Quote:He is unlikely to start next season now that we have Kelvin Beachum.

Kelvin Beachum.is coming off a torn ACL knee injury.  It's unknown when Beachum will be able to return to game action and how effective he will be.   Especially,  in his first few games.

Quote:Kelvin Beachum.is coming off a torn ACL knee injury.  It's unknown when Beachum will be able to return to game action and how effective he will be.   Especially,  in his first few games.

That part will be interesting to watch. I think whenever Beachum is cleared to play and feels ready for anything, Joeckel will head to the bench.