Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars UDFAs

The #Jaguars have signed South Alabama TE Braedon Bowman, multiple sources confirm.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like we lost Jonathan Jones to NE

Clay Harbour will be in a battle come camp time.

Nice pick up. (Takes another shot of Kool aid )

Quote:Looks like we lost Jonathan Jones to NE

Unfortunate.

Quote:Clay Harbor will be in a battle come camp time.

Nice pick up. (Takes another shot of Kool aid )

I read he is not a Jaguar anymore.

Quote:I read he is not a Jaguar anymore.

Link

Welp. When did that happen

Quote:Welp. When did that happen?

The Patriots signed him on March 30, apparently.

Quote:That begins with exercising the fifth year option, which gives us more time to negotiate a contract extension.

Back to UDFAs, who do you think is most likely to make the team?

What you save paying him the fifth year you'll more than lose by waiting for the next year's market. High dollar contacts get negotiated two years before they expire, it's dumb to wait until the contact year to negotiate.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The more I read about the Kicker, the more intrigued I am by him. I'm one of Jason Myers' biggest supporters, but he's definitely got his work cut out for him if he's to keep Oberkrom at bay.
Oberkrom improved every year in college, hitting 84% as a senior. I like that trajectory. If nothing else, he should present solid competition for the spot.

Quote:What you save paying him the fifth year you'll more than lose by waiting for the next year's market. High dollar contacts get negotiated two years before they expire, it's dumb to wait until the contact year to negotiate.

So you start negotiating in the fourth year after exercising the fifth year option, giving yourself two years to work on a contract extension.

Quote:So you start negotiating in the fourth year after exercising the fifth year option, giving yourself two years to work on a contract extension.

No, most agents won't negotiate in the contract year because they see visions of dollars on the free agent market. A good GM doesn't wait to have the market set the terms. Yes You exercise the optionc but you don't wait to get the new deal done.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I read he is not a Jaguar anymore.

I think we're connecting the wrong dots.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544...ed-jaguars

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Welp, we certainly got the scrap heap of undrafteds.

Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Welp, we certainly got the scrap heap of undrafteds.

Shows how strong the roster is.  It's getting harder to make the team each year.

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016, 08:33 PM by ShivanWurm.)

So looking like only those 9 UFDA's this year.