Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Jaguars Select Jalen Ramsey in the 1st round of NFL Draft***

I really wish NFL network would get rid of Gruden

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:zero ball skills. Dave continues to show he doesn't know defense. Hope he proves me wrong. DOUBT IT tho
Hahahahahaha troll.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:I really wish NFL network would get rid of Gruden
I'm not sure how NFLN is going to get rid of a guy that doesn't work for them. Cement shoes?

i cant believe we got this guy.... i didnt think there was a way we would get him and thought we would really miss out especially after the colvin suspension. this is an amazing pick up and am thrilled we landed Jalen.

Quote:I'm not sure how NFLN is going to get rid of a guy that doesn't work for them. Cement shoes?

Whatever works...
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

Quote:That was some pretty harsh analysis by the ESPN crew, especially after the lovefest that ensued with the Elliott pick.

*Ramsey was Kiper's number 2 player left on his board*

*Jaguars pick Ramsey*

*Kiper trashes Ramsey*

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2016, 09:11 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Ya know. I was harsh on Ramsey. However I will sit back and wait and see.

What concerns me. Is still lack of pass rush. I understand the need for corner. However I still do not see Ramsey as a corner.

However if he does not work for corner. We still have a very good SS to go with Gipson. So it is a win win.

However he has not shown great ball skills. And in a game of turnovers.

Ramsey does not have many. Can he improve sure can. Will he only time will tell.

I expect him to end up as Strong Safety. In a year or two.

However will not be upset in the least if he ends up one of the best corners.

And will in fact admit I was wrong. I am not upset with the pick. Just confused if not being used as a Strong Safety why pick 5?

Also keep in mind he can play a bit of LB as well. For those upset we didnt get Jack.

But cant blame Dave to go with the healthier player of the two.

Still at the end of the day have lack of pass rush. Which was same issue I had with picking Jack.

But no one expected San Deigo to take Bosa. And I can see why no trade down. Jack concerns Choice of tackles etc.

I would of reached for Lawson. Due to lack of pass rush. However I will not hate this pick. Even though as corner five is a reach. I dont care what media analyst think.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

This was the easiest pick of Dave's career.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:*Ramsey was Kiper's number 2 player left on his board*

*Jaguars pick Ramsey*

*Kiper trashes Ramsey*
#toomuchhairspray

I still don't understand why people watch any ESPN coverage of the draft. I haven't for years.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I'm not sure how NFLN is going to get rid of a guy that doesn't work for them. Cement shoes?

ya mixed up what I was watching lemme re phrase.  I wish Espn, nfl network, CBS, Fox, and any other network that does profootball would stop allowing Jon Gruden screentime.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

My wife received a text full of language I can't share on here, excitedly using such words. That was after I had told her multiple times this evening that the Cowboys would (hopefully) be picking Elliot, allowing us to get (hopefully) Ramsey, or at least Bosa. Jack's knee, probably nothing, but has just felt like Ramsey was the most sure star of the top defenders. Beyond excited with this pick.

I cannot believe Ramsey fell to us

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2016, 09:16 PM by stoopidsteve87.)

Quote:Ya know. I was harsh on Ramsey. However I will sit back and wait and see.

What concerns me. Is still lack of pass rush. I understand the need for corner. However I still do not see Ramsey as a corner.

However if he does not work for corner. We still have a very good SS to go with Gipson. So it is a win win.

However he has not shown great ball skills. And in a game of turnovers.

Ramsey does not have many. Can he improve sure can. Will he only time will tell.

I expect him to end up as Strong Safety. In a year or two.

However will not be upset in the least if he ends up one of the best corners.

And will in fact admit I was wrong. I am not upset with the pick. Just confused if not being used as a Strong Safety why pick 5?

Also keep in mind he can play a bit of LB as well. For those upset we didnt get Jack.

But cant blame Dave to go with the healthier player of the two.

Still at the end of the day have lack of pass rush. Which was same issue I had with picking Jack.

But no one expected San Deigo to take Bosa. And I can see why no trade down. Jack concerns Choice of tackles etc.

I would of reached for Lawson. Due to lack of pass rush. However I will not hate this pick. Even though as corner five is a reach. I dont care what media analyst think.

However I think that your post was difficult to read. With the odd use of punctuation. However I really enjoyed the spacing between lines. 

However if you feel like doing it again. Please don't. However. I'll take Ramsey as a CB or a SS. So long as he turns into a star at the position. Only time will tell if he's the best of the bunch but I think most can agree we have a cornerstone player on the defense with him.

Wink

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2016, 09:17 PM by git'er_done.)

Quote:I missed it.  What did they say?

The apparent lack of ball skills was a major a theme (although they did acknowledge Ronald Darby only had 2 INT's in college and turning into a really good player). "You drop an INT on 1st or 2nd down, they can score a TD on the next down". And then Chucky said Ramsay wasn't a safety, that he doesn't like his "style" because he doesn't fight to get to the ball with enough urgency (referencing his play against the run).

Also said Ramsay was by no means a finished product. 

Quote:I still don't understand why people watch any ESPN coverage of the draft. I haven't for years.
Ditto.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2016, 09:16 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Really quick.

Ramsey is not a playmaking corner.

Can be a great Strong Safety, like Eric Berry.

Not worth pick 5 for corner.

However I will admit if I am wrong.

#Gojags

Quote:Really quick.

Ramsey is not a playmaking corner.

Can be a great Strong Safety, like Eric Berry.

Not worth pick 5 for corner.

However I will admit if I am wrong.

Your opinion is wrong

I would like to thank the football gods for allowing this to happen.

Quote:Your opinion is wrong

We shall see.

#Gojags