Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Most underrated Jaguar

Roy Miller for me. Watched a few games again and he is such an important part of our run D.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jonas Gray will probably make the team...... Just saying

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Roy Miller still gets plenty of props thou... especially from O-man.

One player I feel may have a huge breakout season yet is largely overlooked is Arrelious Benn.

'02

Under rated TE M.Lewis dude gets no props ever, best blocking TE and has stuck it out his whole career. Makes a few nice catches as well

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Alualu has been a nice surprise at catching footballs out of the backfield.

2 receptions for 19 yards.  That's only 4 yards less then Gerhart.

Quote:Roy Miller still gets plenty of props thou... especially from O-man.

One player I feel may have a huge breakout season yet is largely overlooked is Arrelious Benn.

League wide he flys under the radar as a DT. Going to be tough for Benn to get much touches with Yeldon/Ivory/Thomas/ARob/Hurns/Lee/Greene.

Quote:Roy Miller still gets plenty of props thou... especially from O-man.

Benn will be lucky to make the roster. You talked about replacing or "upgrading" Miller multiple times through out the season when in reality he was our best dlineman and obe of the best defensive players on the team

Quote:Once a Jag, always a Jag.

That's like saying Boselli's not a Jag.  Sure, he was slightly less effective during his tenure here BUT his impact will never be forgotten.
You mean Texans legend Tony Boselli?

For this question there is only one answer. Alualu.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:For this question there is only one answer. Alualu.
Gratz is close

Cann

Quote:Benn will be lucky to make the roster. You talked about replacing or "upgrading" Miller multiple times through out the season when in reality he was our best dlineman and obe of the best defensive players on the team

Indeed I did early on during the season. Miller worked out just fine. With that said, I actually think he's a tad overrated by Oesher. I agree leaguewide he's underrated, however, he's not quite the Pro Bowl level NT Oesher makes him out to be. Granted he does his job stuffing the run and holding the point, but he's not the consistently double-teamed NT that constantly in the backfield harassing the qb. That is to say, he's not Stroud.

'02

Quote:Indeed I did early on during the season. Miller worked out just fine. With that said, I actually think he's a tad overrated by Oesher. I agree leaguewide he's underrated, however, he's not quite the Pro Bowl level NT Oesher makes him out to be. Granted he does his job stuffing the run and holding the point, but he's not the consistently double-teamed NT that constantly in the backfield harassing the qb. That is to say, he's not Stroud.
Stroud wasnt a NT.  That was Henderson.  Roy got double teamed constantly and still managed 4 sacks as a NT on the worst pass rushing team in the league.  Here is some good film for you, happened about every game

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...ae98f7820e

Quote:I feel like Allen Hurns while he gets recognition, I feel like he will always be in Robinson's shadow even though they both compliment one another and wouldn't have the success without one another.

The truly least talked about and most underrated Jags truly is, Rashad Greene.

The guy is an electric returner, with good ballskills. I feel he could breakout next year, not M.Lee.

That's such a false premise. While they surely compliment each other, Allen Hurns missed one game last year and Robinson happened to go for 10 catches, 153 yards, and 3 TDs. The best game of his career came when Hurns was injured. To say that Robinson wouldn't have the success he has had without Hurns is unfounded.

Quote:Most underrated? Probably Marquise Lee. Think about it. Had he been able to stay healthy would we currently have Allen Hurns and Allen Robinson? Maybe, maybe not. Hurns was given more playing time and oppurtunity to showcase his ability because Lee was getting hurt early on and often. He's kind of a blessing in disguise really. Now hopefully entering his third year he can stay healthy and be that speed threat from the slot and relief man for the Allen brothers.

He was the census among the Jaguar players themselves as the most athletic on the team.  The problem is you have to remain healthy and prove your skill on the field with big plays in key moments to truly get the fame.  I don't think any Jaguar fan doubts his potential, but at some point potential has to reach reality.  I hope this is his breakout year.

Quote:Bryan Walters and Ryan Davis

Bryan Walters made some great catches and was able to get open at times, but he is rather slow kind of a slot guy right maybe wes welker type?   I think Ryan Davis played thru injuries last year as he didnt look as great as he had the year prior, but he is a guy to keep an eye out for should a team have him play all the time at DT for example.

To be truly honest I wonder if Byran Walters will make the roster this year and isnt Ryan Davis still up for Free Agency.. no wait I think GM Dave Caldwell did resign him already..

Quote:That's such a false premise. While they surely compliment each other, Allen Hurns missed one game last year and Robinson happened to go for 10 catches, 153 yards, and 3 TDs. The best game of his career came when Hurns was injured. To say that Robinson wouldn't have the success he has had without Hurns is unfounded.
You always base everything off of one game lol

Quote:You always base everything off of one game lol

What proof do you have that Allen Robinson wouldn't have the success he has had without Hurns? That's the narrative he was pushing. Is there evidence that supports it?

Considering we hardly mention his name, perhaps Julius Thomas should get some consideration for most underrated.

Defensively I'm wondering about Demetrius McCray, and if he just might be back to the player we thought he was becoming near the end of his '14 season.

'02

Multiple college players in this weak WR class and 2nd year players coming off an injury that havent even played a down in the league better than Hurns?  Gotta go Hitman Hurns as most underrated on this message board.