Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles top QB from the last 3 Drafts!

Quote:Aaron Murray should be on that list

I haven't had a chance to see him play in order to include him. I'm only looking at the 2014 and 2015 drafts, although there are several additional qbs in those drafts that I left out. Namely...

• Aaron Murray

• Sean Mannion

• Garrett Grayson

• Logan Thomas

• Tom Savage

• Bryce Petty

• Tajh Boyd

• David Fales

• Keith Wenning

• Trevor Seimen

• Garrett Gilbert

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wouldnt say light years! They all in the same boat to me..
I wouldn't say light years.... but certainly Carr and Bortles have proven to be more than game managers...

14/9 TD/INT doesn't scream franchise QB to me.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1a. Blake Bortles

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1b. Derek Carr

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2. Jameis Winston

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">3. AJ McCarron

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">4. Marcus Mariota (Shown very little)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">5. Teddy Bridgewater (Shown even less)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">6. Johnny Manziel (Shown he's just a head case)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The rest are back ups... so they don't get a rank in file.

Quote:I wouldn't say light years.... but certainly Carr and Bortles have proven to be more than game managers...

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1a. Blake Bortles

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">1b. Derek Carr

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2. Jameis Winston

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">3. AJ McCarron

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">4. Marcus Mariota (Shown very little)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">5. Teddy Bridgewater (Shown even less)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">6. Johnny Manziel (Shown he's just a head case)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The rest are back ups... so they don't get a rank in file.

Less than half of the TDs Bortles threw, and a cool 1200 fewer yards...

How people can still think Bridgewater is in the Bortles/Carr conversation is kind of mind boggling to me.  The guy hasn't done anything. 

That's not to say he's bad, but there's just nothing there that even hints at him being an elite, top tier QB in the future.  Carr and Bortles both have shown indications that they could be headed that way.

I do still put Bortles ahead of Carr, but it's not by much.  Both were fantastic picks, and I could definitely see them being elite in the near future.

Winston and Mariota have some flash to them, but I think it's really still to early to say either way on both of them.  We'll see how they look after this coming season compared to Bortles and Car this past season.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:I wouldn't say light years.... but certainly Carr and Bortles have proven to be more than game managers...

More like:

1a. Bortles

1b. Carr

2. Winston.

33. Bridgewater

50. McCarron.

53. Mariota

96. Manziel.

Only three franchise level guys in the discussion, Bortles, Carr, and Winston, the rest are backups or worse.

Bridgewater is almost starter level. He's got a starter's grasp of the game mentally, but a career backup's body.

Quote:More like:

1a. Bortles

1b. Carr

2. Winston.

33. Bridgewater

50. McCarron.

53. Mariota

96. Manziel.

Only three franchise level guys in the discussion, Bortles, Carr, and Winston, the rest are backups or worse.

Bridgewater is almost starter level. He's got a starter's grasp of the game mentally, but a career backup's body.

Mariota is the real deal, he is going to be a thorn in our sides for a long time to come I'm afraid.  Actually if you consider it, if Osweiler is as good as the tinhorns think he is, the AFC South may become the new Quarterback Central of the NFL.  I personally don't think he'll be that good but still, Bortles, Luck, Mariota are definitely a power three.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Mariota is the real deal, he is going to be a thorn in our sides for a long time to come I'm afraid.  Actually if you consider it, if Osweiler is as good as the tinhorns think he is, the AFC South may become the new Quarterback Central of the NFL.  I personally don't think he'll be that good but still, Bortles, Luck, Mariota are definitely a power three.

We'll see. So far he's had some statistically great games, but watching him play I don't see the next Tom Brady, I see the next Matt Flynn.

Quote:We'll see. So far he's had some statistically great games, but watching him play I don't see the next Tom Brady, I see the next Matt Flynn.

He was a rookie and made a few rookie mistakes but his accuracy under pressure was frankly amazing.  As you say, we'll see.  I'd prefer you being right.

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2016, 06:50 PM by SeldomRite.)

Quote:He was a rookie and made a few rookie mistakes but his accuracy under pressure was frankly amazing.  As you say, we'll see.  I'd prefer you being right.

That's not how I remember it at all. His good games all game against teams that were in complete disarray. The bucs in game one before they managed to start to play decently, the saints, which was the only team in the league with a defense comparable to the late season Jaguars, and the late season Jaguars.

Mariota against the Jaguars a couple of weeks earlier had a statistically miserable game against a so-so at best defense that had massive trouble rushing passers. Once the Jaguars defense fell apart he managed to throw three TDs against it, but really he owes the legend of that game to a defense selling out to rush the passer and allowing a long TD run and Wisniewski giving another freebie TD with a bad shotgun snap, and the worst kicker in the league missing more extra points. Wisniewski's late season snapping performance is probably why he's still available on the market right now.

Exactly. Mariota managed some good looking drives against the league's flat out worst defenses, however, against all other defenses (except for the Bucs week one) he was actually worse than Gabbert when he was here.

'02

Quote:Exactly. Mariota managed some good looking drives against the league's flat out worst defenses, however, against all other defenses (except for the Bucs week one) he was actually worse than Gabbert when he was here.

You usually shouldn't judge a QB based on his rookie season but you can look at some trends.  His completion performance was very good for most of the games he played and in the games I saw him play it seemed like he was on the run a lot.  He averaged 252 ypg and a 91.5 rating, both are considerably better than Bortles numbers during his rookie season.  I suspect you'll see a Bortles-like improvement for Mariota in his second year as well.

Teddy and Mariota are way better than you guys think lol this bias against them on here is pretty lame.

Teddy is currently better than Bortles, and dont quote me comparing touchdowns or some stupid sh*t like that.

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2016, 08:57 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Teddy and Mariota are way better than you guys think lol this bias against them on here is pretty lame.

Teddy is currently better than Bortles, and dont quote me comparing touchdowns or some stupid sh*t like that.

Go delete your account because you and Teddy Bridgewater are underperforming individuals. I'm just sick of your negativity so please just do us a favor and go away.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Teddy and Mariota are way better than you guys think lol this bias against them on here is pretty lame.

Yeah, don't make him back it up with data!
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

lololololol, do you even football?

Teddy is better at handing off to Adrien Peterson and thats about it.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Yeah, don't make him back it up with data!
staring at touchdowns is a pretty [BLEEP] determination seeing as Blake has a top 5 receiver, another top 20 receiver, Julius thomas, and a decent line.

What did teddy have? AP behind an Oline with one good player stefon diggs as your only receiver and kyle rudolph

I love blake, 100% all in on him. Teddy is currently the better qb in the muchhhhh worse offensive situation.

Quote:I love blake, 100% all in on him. Teddy is currently the better qb in the muchhhhh worse offensive situation.

Bra please elaborate. Teddy averages 1 TD 1 int 150 yards a game. Thats trash

Quote:staring at touchdowns is a pretty [BAD WORD REMOVED] determination seeing as Blake has a top 5 receiver, another top 20 receiver, Julius thomas, and a decent line.

What did teddy have? AP behind an Oline with one good player stefon diggs as your only receiver and kyle rudolph

Lol we had a "decent line"?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

You cant discredit a QBs performance due to the WRs at his disposal. Cam Newton arguably has the worst WR corp in the NFL and had a MVP season. Derek Carr resurrected Crabtrees career. If Bridgewater was any good he would make it happen. We have very talented WRs but at the end of the day Blake still has to get the ball to them